Skip to main content

Poll

Who will win the Premier League this season?

Leicester City
Arsenal
Tottenham
Manchester City
Manchester United
Liverpool
West Ham
Chelsea
Other
Topic: Football Talk  (Read 188721 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Football Talk

Reply #80
Forgot to Add Chelsea also drew with Stoke at Home.
Fomer F2 World Champion & Fomer 5v5 League Champions

Reply #81

Just presenting some facts to back up your false statement :)

Team isnt poor.
Szszney
Sagna-Kos-Verm-Gibbs
Arteta-Wilsh-Cazorla
Ox-Giroud-Pod

Pretty Solid. Walcott, Rosicky, Ramsey, Diaby etcc for back up. Get 2 more players, a ST and a DCM and we are sorted.

Thats the Line-up id like Arsenal to use aswell, Depening on who they sign

5v5 Season 5 Winner - 5v5 Season 5 Cup Winner - 5v5 Season 4 Winner - 5v5 Season 3 Cup Winner
League Clubs Winner - Admin vs Members Winner - FIFA Rivalry event winner
[12:55:09] Anky: kissing the enemy, fag

Reply #82
Speaking of the Liverpool v City game, I was pretty disappointed that we played well, yet had to settle for a point. I can't believe a player at this level would pass the ball to the keeper without lifting his head .. geez Skertl. We need another right back as a back up for Glen, because Kelly is crap. As for Sahin (that is his name Snik lol), he could very much fit into Rodgers plans of quick passing football, as I've watched him a lot when he was at Dortmund, and quick passes were their style that led them to the Bundesliga title.

Back to Arsenal, you have to remember that Podolski has had this dip in form since joining Bayern Munich, and he never really regained it. Scoring for Koln in the Bundesliga, is much different than scoring for Arsenal. Not suggesting that the German league is weak, but still the level is not the same. I'm a German supporter and I know every single German player, and the minute I heard Podolski was joining Arsenal I was happy, yet felt bad for Arsenal, as hes not the man for this team, at least not with his current form.

Giroud was top scorer of the french league, but hes not that star striker or the replacement for RVP. Hes not even a starter for France.

Selling Song WAS a mistake, I wonder how could you Arsenal fans deny the fact of how important he was for the team.  :o

Another striker is a priority for Arsenal, and offloading Chamakh and Bendtner instead of holding onto them without playing them. A skillful winger is also a good option.

Although I'm no Arsenal fan, but I would have loved to see Reus or Gotze join instead of Poldi .. but the board never try hard enough tbh.

Reply #83
I forgot to mention that Allen was good at the heart of Liverpool midfield and distributed the ball well.  :D

Football Talk

Reply #84
From what football I saw over the weekend while I was in a drunken filled coma.

Norwich again dumb mistakes costing points. Defence needs to shape up. Great pen save from ruddy. It seems like Norwich have lost that we don't care who we play attitude. Where last season they didn't care, gave every team a fight. Made some top teams look very ordinary.

This season it feels like they know what they have to do to stay up and now will only get what they need. Houghton is a good manager. Can he get out boys in shape.

I watch the Real Madrid game last night and they were poor. The other team (I cant spell it) in the second half really did put up and fight and beat RM 2-1. Couple of cracking goals. Must admit the ref was a tool.

I have to say I taken a like to Chelsea this season. I think they will contend for the title. Hazard is a pretty amazing buy. Oscar will really come into his own. Torres is finally shaping up to find his feet again.

Reply #85
Dembele to Spurs.

Good piece of business from Tottenham. wonder if Fulham will deliver the same performances now that the big D's are out. (Dempsey & Dembele)

Reply #87
What would you say chelsea's best starting 11 is? :)
Id say
GK - Cech
RB - Ivanovic CB - Cahill CB - Terry LB - Cole
RDM - Essien LDM - Lampard
RAM - Ramires CAM - Mata LAM - Hazerd
ST - Torres
:) what are your thoughts?

Reply #88
My thoughts are they don't have much of a choice in terms of BEST STARTING 11 right now. In the future they will have more options e.g. Moses, Marin, Oscar, Kakuta and Bertrand etc.

We'd probably see Marin playing RAM/RW if he is fit. Also, I might start Azpilicueta over Ivanovic though.

Mirin Hazard's team play passing it across goal when there was no GK. That or he bottled it, either way. xD

“One day Rome shall fade and crumble. Yet you shall always be remembered in the hearts of all who yearn for freedom.”

Football Talk

Reply #89
Champions League Draw was today. Here are the groups

Group A
Porto
Dynamo Kiev
PSG
GNK Dinamo

Group B
Arsenal
Schalke 04
Olympiacos
Montpellier

Group C
Ac Milan
Zenit St Petersburg
Anderlecht
Malaga

Group D
Real Madrid
Manchester City
Ajax
Borussia Dortmund

Group E
Chelsea
Shakhtar Donetsk
Juventus
Nordsjaelland

Group G
Barcelona
Benfica
Spartak Moscow
Celtic

Group H
Manchester United
Braga
Galatasaray
CFR Cluj

Your thoughts guys.
I like Chelsea's chance.
Also group D looks great.

Got to think Man City are going home.

Reply #90
Group D does look great! Got to say Madrid are favourites to win the group. City, Dortmund or Ajax all have a chance to come 2nd, it'll be very entertaining!
Must also say I'm a bit gutted Man United have got an easy group IMO  :112:
  Constructor Standings: 1st   Driver Standings: 2nd   F3 Races: 10   Race Wins: 1   Podiums: 3  DNF's: 0   Points: 84
Career Games: 7   Wins: 4    Losses: 1    Draws: 2    Titles: 0    Promotions: 1    Relegations: 0   Goals Scored: 11   Goals Conceded: 9

Reply #91
City have it very tough again. They'll have a hard job getting through that.

The other english clubs should make it through with a couple of good games on the way.

Reply #93
QPR been doing good business lately,Think they need atleast a Defender and Striker tho.

Granero  & Cesar Are 2 amazing signings

Andy Carroll gone to West Ham aswell, Think he will do great there and suit there playing style so good

5v5 Season 5 Winner - 5v5 Season 5 Cup Winner - 5v5 Season 4 Winner - 5v5 Season 3 Cup Winner
League Clubs Winner - Admin vs Members Winner - FIFA Rivalry event winner
[12:55:09] Anky: kissing the enemy, fag

Reply #94
Deal agreed:

Moutinho and Hugo Loris to Spurs.

Congratulations, good midfielder and a fine goalie.

Xp, after all, your team is making some good business.

I wonder WTF Liverpool are waiting for ... Bring Dempsey dammit.  :o

Reply #95
Beast signings for the YIDs

“One day Rome shall fade and crumble. Yet you shall always be remembered in the hearts of all who yearn for freedom.”