Skip to main content
Topic: F1 2012 Season Discussion (Read 6106 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: F1 2012 Season Discussion

Reply #16
Call me cynical but I think Perez was told to back off.

Reply #17
Yea i agree. He could have won that race. Shame really.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reply #18
I had a niggling feeling it was going to happen.. Purely because I remember 1997 when Jean Todt ran down to Sauber and told them to hold Villeneuve up behind them so Schumacher could get away, if they didn't.. He'd stop the engine deal.

Reply #19
Baffled as to why Karthikeyan got the penalties for the incidents with Button and Vettel..

F1 2012 Season Discussion

Reply #20
Was harsh for the Vettle incident, but they are a joke of a team. I feel sorry for all the engineers working their arses off for that turd of a car. They should either get some proper investment or just quietly retire. They probably won't finish the season anyway with the lack of money anyway. Will be interesting to see what happens with Lotus when it comes to money.

Reply #21
Button was at fault and Vettel was at fault, but HRT shouldn't even be racing.

They just get in the way as Karthikeyan demonstrated by not getting off the racing line when being lapped.

The Perez situation - He could and should have won that quite easily. He had mighty pace. After that radio message, I thought straight away that Ferrari must have had a word with Sauber and after Perez "went off", I was even more suspicious.

Ruined what was a good race until then.

Mclaren's mechanics ruined Lewis' and JB's chances I thought with the shocking pitstops

Reply #22
I was surprised McLaren called Button in when Hamilton was leading.. I thought McLaren offered first pit stop to the lead driver.. Pro Button demonstrated again..?

F1 2012 Season Discussion

Reply #23
Unless Hamilton was comfortable on his tires and didn't want to come in at that point.

I don't think anything happened between Ferrari and Sauber. Perez just lost concentration I think.

Reply #24
Perez was told to back off, simple as. Shame really but what was Button doing?

Reply #25
Yep, just like Toro Rosso let Red Bull cars through but hold other drivers up.. I hate F1 and its dodgy rulings.

Reply #26
I'm not convinced it had anything to do with Ferrari at all.  Sauber make so many unusual race strategy decisions, the 2 drivers are fantastic but they are being held back severely by ridiculous tyre strategies and conservative/defensive race strategies, to me that is not what F1 is all about.  Would love to see either of those drivers in a more adventurous team, even one of the top teams.

Today was the first time we've ever seen Perez actually be able to give it some in an F1 car, every other race he's spent the whole time looking after tyres, trying to eke out a lowly points finish by doing 1 less stop.

Reply #27
I agree about the eke out small points, I'd like to see them go all out for it.. That car obviously has decent speed.

F1 2012 China

Reply #28
Anyone looking forward to tomorrows race. Good qualify this morning. Race will be good.

Re: F1 2012 China

Reply #29
Yeah i'll be watching it like. Prob pull an all nighter to watch it, as i'll never get up that early if I go to bed haha. Rosberg drove a blinder in qualifying!
FIFA Admin. Message me with any and all FIFA related problems.
#Believe

Reply #30
Just finished work, Went to Tescos, got a munch! 2 litre of coke! Bring on The Race!
Fomer F2 World Champion & Fomer 5v5 League Champions

Reply #31
Haha nice dcaf. I was out last night. Last drink i remember sinking was port a bottle later and now im up head banging. Its race time.