Skip to main content
Topic: Motorstorm Apocalypse  (Read 2578 times) previous topic - next topic

Motorstorm Apocalypse

Here we are with the third reincarnation of this PS3 favourite.  The first one to concentrate on an urban enviornment.  As you race through the tracks, they can change in real-time, bridges can buckle and twist, buildings collapse and rifts open up beneath the vehicles as they drive

So do you think you've got what it takes to be a champion?  Yeah!?! 

Re: Motorstorm Apocalypse - Sign up

Reply #1
I don't have this game, yet another Motorstorm didn't really appeal to me. However, i think you can pick it up for £18 now i think, so i may take a punt and support you Plantsy  ;)  however, i'll wait and see how many other sign-ups we get first

have you got it Plantsy? is it anygood? or a marginal or strange improvement?

Reply #2
Really dont want to be a downer, this is just a warning. Do not buy this game if you liked the other Motorstorms. Its totally different its unreal. What the hell did they do to Motortorm. I have a good few of the top MS racers on my list and they all didnt even buy this just kept playing PR and MV. Did no one play the demo? not only is the gameplay a total joke the graphics got worse. They might have killed the series with this one.

Motorstorm is all about technique and skill, knowing where to boost , knowing where to hit that next corner to keep the most traction on the ground and knowing the right mix between aggresive and defensive racing. Thats what makes Motorstorm not holding down R2 and herpdy derping to the finish line :46:

Reply #3

Really dont want to be a downer, this is just a warning. Do not buy this game if you liked the other Motorstorms. Its totally different its unreal. What the hell did they do to Motortorm. I have a good few of the top MS racers on my list and they all didnt even buy this just kept playing PR and MV. Did no one play the demo? not only is the gameplay a total joke the graphics got worse. They might have killed the series with this one.

Motorstorm is all about technique and skill, knowing where to boost , knowing where to hit that next corner to keep the most traction on the ground and knowing the right mix between aggresive and defensive racing. Thats what makes Motorstorm not holding down R2 and herpdy derping to the finish line :46:

This is for members to sign up and not intended to scare away  :24:

Reply #4
Well thanks lol   lets try and kill the league before it even starts :43:

Reply #5
lol
i must admit, all the videos i saw i thought the graphics looks the same or a little worse. I wonder whether it was to do with them having to force 3D into it   :39:   was a bit strange that you could run actual people over as well, bit Carmageddon for me  lol

Reply #7
What someone on this site had to save people from wasting there money on this joke of a game,  where else better than the sign up thread, you guys know I post in style :16: feel free to move it... my job here is done :24:

Reply #9
Right then, first things first, as I've just traded Motorstorm Apocalypse in, you could say I'm no longer gonna run the league, and for all you bright sparks out there, thats a point to you :3:

Stef is correct, the lastest MS is a humungus let down. Any one sticking up for this game needs hog tieing and being subjected to one of Teddys special rituals  :48:

So why did I set a league up?  Cuz it might have been fun, this game would have been good played with friends, the betting options in game would have been interesting and could have added a different scope to a league. 30+ tracks, more vehicles than ever, blah blah blah and so on.

If you were to ask me "should I go buy this game?" my reply would have been "HELL NO!!!!! DONT WHATEVER YOU DO!!!"

But if you'd already got it, well thats a different story isnt it

Reply #10
Seems like that is a resounding 'don't bother' by everyone then  lol
Is there anything out there which could replace Motorstorm, i'd rather not rake up Pacific Rift again.

Is Dirt 3 worth considering?

Reply #12
Glad you think the same way Plantsy, dont know what they were thinking but anyone who has played the last Motorstorms will be let down. If your looking for a racer I was a big fan of the GRID league we had running. Dont know what happened to it. Not many other racers have so much choice and its fun, doesnt even matter if you not that quick you can still battle it out with others at the back. Its the only game I know where you nationality actually matters :21: that country flag next to your name can be the thing that decides whether the racer behind you risks it to wipe you out or sits behind you for a 1-2-3 England finish :10: Just to hear the french get mad. Good times....

Reply #15
We could always do an old school Motorstorm (original) league, you can probably pick it up for £5 these days. Worth considering?  :39:  Would be nice if someone remade Destruction Derby, now that was a game