Skip to main content
Topic: Site History - Information (Read 4216 times) previous topic - next topic

Site History - Information

The Playstation 3 was released in 2007 and Teddyuk wanted to start a small league, based in the UK, supporting Call of Duty 3. So on the 10th July 2007, teddyuk created a site ( and recruited some players from the forums to take part in some fun and friendly leagues and matches. To the credit of the site and community built we still have members who are with us now from this early period.

On the 13th august 2007 the league name was changed to 'playstation3gamingleague' and was moved to another free site. At this stage our leagues began to encompass the growing PS3 game library including the now classic multiplayer titles Motorstorm and FIFA 2008. We were one of the first sites to start a league for the FIFA series on the PS3.

Since these early days we have changed our name to PS3GL and have expanded both our leagues and membership. We now have a great, close and friendly community of over 700 members from around the world and have regular league games during the week and weekend. We have leagues in many of the top PS3 titles and encourage our membership to set up their own leagues with their favourite games not to mention our FIFA leagues which have gone from strength to strength.

On 1st June 2013 we expanded our Gaming site to include the PS4 and PSGL was born and offers the same community gaming for our Members and leagues and events which are completely Free to join.

Re: PS3GL History

Reply #5
Who was your 2nd member? Just wondering any other members been the whole ride?

Reply #7

Who was your 2nd member? Just wondering any other members been the whole ride?

Not sure of order but Teddy, killu, plantsman and myself :D

Myself (obviously lol)

Are our original original members who have shown loyality ever since

Reply #9
This really is some achievement, going from teddy, Cody, Plants, maka and Ace to the 500 plus members is just great! Best Gaming League around!  :41:

Reply #15
This seems to be a really good website and hopefully you can all get to know me better over the coming months