Skip to main content
Topic: F7 Round 10 Italy (Read 84 times) previous topic - next topic

F7 Round 10 Italy

F7 Round 10 Italy

At the iconic Spa-Franchochamps circuit it was a dominant performance by the Sauber team with SietseBouma22 taking the chequered flag & extending his championship lead to 6 points. It was a very close battle between the Renault team mates for the final podium position with Kablo1984 taking the inter team victory. It was a really entertaining race in the midfield in wet conditions & it was a close finish between P5 & P7 but penalties meant that PWnAgeTOwn finished 5th, despite a last lap puncture Dumelos finished 6th & because of his penalty Nexxus_billy finished P9. The main focus from the cameras was on McLaren driver JPGREENWOOD had his best performance since Singapore in S20. He managed to make two consecutive overtakes on the battling Williams drivers. When he made his pit stop in 5th place he had a dubius penalty to serve & a wing change meaning he came out just behind his team mate & there was a constant battle between the two McLaren drivers right up until the last lap but unfortunately in the dirty air of his team mate JP made a mistake & crashed out on the last corner of the last lap but still managed to get a P10. It wasn't the result he wanted but can take confidence for the rest of the season.

From one iconic track to another we continue the European tour to Monza, Italy. It looks like nobody can touch the Sauber drivers at the moment & the drivers championship will be decided between them but with 5 races left it's a great midfield battle between 6th & 12th. It's only a matter of time now that the Sauber team will be crowned champions. It also looks like Renault have secured 2nd place but again it's a great battle for the best of the rest. It'll surely be another exciting race in the F7 championship where the drivers will have to navigate T1 & Ascari & the weather could also play a part.

Join Jack & Mat this Thursday for another exciting F7 race

1. Thoughts on your result at Spa?
2. Who was your dotd at Belgium?
3. Hopes for Italy?
4. Will you be getting up for Australia?

Re: F7 Round 10 Italy

Reply #1
The best result possible, I was quicker than most in the field except for Bouma and he finished ahead of me. So happy with the result!

SietseBouma22, he won the race at ease, even paused his game to invite someone that had disconnected!

3. Hopes for Italy?
Outscoring my teammate, knowing the tracks after Baku will be his powerhouse, I need to outscore him the upcoming two GP's in order to at least have a chance of maintaining my current lead.

No idea yet, probably will though

Reply #2
Phenomenal race, no issues whatsoever, picked a really good setup for these intermediate conditions and the pace was great.

2. Who was your DOTD at Belgium?
His puncture in the final lap was unfortunate, but I really enjoyed all the action of JP. Great to see how he's doing in the wet.

3. Hopes for Italy?
Love the high speeds at Monza, so looking forward to it. I have good hopes that I can achieve a good result to put more pressure on Blue for P1.

Ofcourseee. Easiest way to get up so early so I'm ready for it. :)

Reply #3
1. DNS

2. Didn’t have time to watch the race, so no opinion

3. One of my favourites, podium would be ultimate goal, happy for P4-P6 also.

4. Sure, every year since 97

Reply #4
Im Happy, Think i could of gotten third after under-cutting Kab in the pits. But sadly got disconnected and when i got back i was 10seconds behind. But sh*t happens and im still happy with 4th after a rough few races.

Bouma

3. Hopes for Italy?
Hopefully high up. And hoping for no first corner shunts.

Yes, as always.