Skip to main content
Topic: [F4] Round 6: German Grand Prix (Read 130 times) previous topic - next topic

[F4] Round 6: German Grand Prix

PSGL F4
Round 6:
Germany

For round 6 of the PSGL F4 season we are at Hockenheim, Germany to race at the legendary Hockenheimring. We are back here for the first German Grand Prix after 3 seasons without an German Grand Prix. Last time out at France we saw Gamefreaker taking the race win ahead of F4 debutant PRAGA-X30 in 2nd. Bluemosquito picked up 3rd place after time penalties for other drivers. All still to play for the drivers with the top 5 in the drivers championship only seperated by 16 points.

Track information:
Track name: Hockenheimring
Track length: 4.574m
Corners: 13
Corners left: 4
Corners right: 9
Lap record: 1:17.780 by Kimi Räikkönen, McLaren-Mercedes F1, McLaren MP4-19, 2004

Questions:
1. Will you be racing?

2. Were you happy with your result at the French Grand Prix?

3. What is your top 3 preferred Circuits to host an F1 Grand Prix who don't have a Grand Prix this or/and next season?

4. Do you like the Hockenheim ring?

5. Who will finish on the podium for the German Grand Prix?
F1 2016 stats: F6 S2 3rd place | F4 S3 10th place
F1 2017 stats: F4 S1 6th place | F4 S2 3th place | F3 S3 15th place | Constructors champion F4 S1 | Constructors 2nd place F4 S2 |
F1 2018 stats: 1 win | 36 points | currently 6th place in the championship
Races: 65 | Race wins: 1 | Podiums: 14 | Pole Positions: 3 | Fastest Laps: 4 | Points: 351 | DNFs: 13 | Seasons in PSGL: 6 | Best result: 1st(1x) |

Re: [F4] Round 6: Germany

Reply #1
1. Will you be racing?
Yes

No

3. What is your top 3 preferred Circuits to host an F1 Grand Prix who don't have a Grand Prix this or/and next season?
Malaysia, Nurburgring, Fuji

Yes

Steba, gamefreaker, praga
F1 Race Statistics and Achievements
Races Entered 95 - Races Completed 64 - Points 433 - Pole Laps 9 - Wins 5 - Podiums 18 - Average Finish 7th - DNF's 31
1x F4 Drivers Runners Up - 2x F4 Constructors Runners Up - 1x F5(FP) Constructors Third Place - One Night Championship Winner

Reply #2
1. Will you be racing?

Yeah

Very happy baring in mind i chose the wrong strategy.

Turkey, Nurburgring and Donington

Yeah but not as much as Nurburgring

Had to tell but gonna go for 3 from Lars/grumps/hulk/gamefreaker/praga

Reply #3
1. Yes

2. Feel like had chance of winning but still very happy to get 2nd

3. Turkey, India, Malaysia

4. Yeh its a fun track to drive

5. Hard to say still of not knowing everyones pace yet

Reply #4
1. Will you be racing?
Yup.

Nope.

India, Turkey and Malaysia, all great tracks.

I don't mind it at all. It's produced some great racing within F4 over the years.

Gamefreaker, grumpy and praga.
F1 2015 | Races: 22 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 0 | Best Position: 4th(x2) | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: 69 |
F1 2016 | Races: 36 | Poles: 2 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 7 | Best Position: 2nd(x4) | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 176 |
F1 2017 | Races: 35 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 5 | Podiums: 14 | Best Position: 1st(x5) | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 249 |
F1 2018 | Races: 4 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 0 | Best Position: 5th(x1) | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: 15 |
--------------------------------PSGL F1 2017 F4 Season 1 Drivers Champion--------------------------------

Reply #5
1. Will you be racing?
Yes.

Very happy, but less excited than my win in Silverstone, it was quite a boring race for me in France.

India, Laguna Seca and Fuji

Yes, especially the long straight with the sharp hairpin after it can provide a lot of action.

Praga will win, steba 2nd and hulk 3rd.
Leagues: F4    
Best R Result:  6x1st (F2 Silverstone Season 15, FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18, F4 Spain Season 20, F4 Silverstone Season 21, F4 France Season 21)
Best Q Result : 9x1st (FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18, F4 Spain Season 20, F4 Austria Season 20, F4 Malaysia Season 20, F4 Silverstone Season 21, F4 Canada Season 21, F4 France Season 21, F4 Germany Season 21)

Reply #6
Q 13th

Not much to say. On the 1 and only attempt ran into traffic in 3rd sector

R 1st

Starting from the back row of the grid, the plan was to come last in the turn 2 and keep it clean, pick couple positions if people spin or make contact. After hairpin, I were already up to 9th or 10th, good start. Lost a bit of time while trying to get past hague, but after I got into clear air, car felt really good and Slowly startrd catching drivers ahead. Couple more incidents, overtakes and 2-stoppers pitting and I saw leading group seconds up the road. Got some confidence as I were pretty much the fastest guy doing the 1 stop, mediums felt great and when the leaders pitted, I were only 1,8 seconds behind P2. Tried to put in some solid laps on those old mediums, and managed to come out in front of Hulk(?) Fairly quick I catched Lars and didnt have problems overtaking him. Couple laps later caught Grumpy and succesfully overtook him. I felt like I could pull away in the next few laps, but lost the back end at the exit of the hairpin and Grumpy got back in to the drs zone. for the rest of the race, grumpy were able to try a move 3-4 times in to the hairpin, but my braking were on point and he couldnt get past there.

After qualy, more than happy with the result and now back in the title race. Great, fair racing all around once again, thanks to everyone for that! Gongratz to podium guys and see you all next week!

Reply #7
Q 13th

Not much to say. On the 1 and only attempt ran into traffic in 3rd sector

R 1st

Starting from the back row of the grid, the plan was to come last in the turn 2 and keep it clean, pick couple positions if people spin or make contact. After hairpin, I were already up to 9th or 10th, good start. Lost a bit of time while trying to get past hague, but after I got into clear air, car felt really good and Slowly startrd catching drivers ahead. Couple more incidents, overtakes and 2-stoppers pitting and I saw leading group seconds up the road. Got some confidence as I were pretty much the fastest guy doing the 1 stop, mediums felt great and when the leaders pitted, I were only 1,8 seconds behind P2. Tried to put in some solid laps on those old mediums, and managed to come out in front of Hulk(?) Fairly quick I catched Lars and didnt have problems overtaking him. Couple laps later caught Grumpy and succesfully overtook him. I felt like I could pull away in the next few laps, but lost the back end at the exit of the hairpin and Grumpy got back in to the drs zone. for the rest of the race, grumpy were able to try a move 3-4 times in to the hairpin, but my braking were on point and he couldnt get past there.

After qualy, more than happy with the result and now back in the title race. Great, fair racing all around once again, thanks to everyone for that! Gongratz to podium guys and see you all next week!

You were defending perfectly into that hairpin. You always knew where to place the car. I kept trying to do a switchback from the outside, as I knew you'd defend the inside line, but you always got the braking spot on and always placed the car in the right place in the exit to prevent me from completing the move..... at least I managed a switchback move on Hulk there earlier on in the race lol.

Great job on the win mate and great driving. Enjoyed it.