Skip to main content
Topic: [F5] Canadian Grand Prix (Read 79 times) previous topic - next topic

[F5] Canadian Grand Prix

Next stop on the calendar brings the PSGL F5 grid to Montreal by the St Lawerence freeway, a beautiful setting for what should be a spectacular Grand Prix. Named after the legend Gilles Villeneuve, this circuit always throws up a classic.

There have been some spectacular racing and hair racing moments in years gone by. Who can remember that incredible Robert Kubica crash in which the Pole was lucky to walk away from.

With three DRS points, overtaking here is a real possibility, the long straight down to the famous Wall of Champions provides the best opportunity along with the option of the switchback at the hairpin before that. Being a tight circuit the first lap will be interesting as the cars sort themselves out.

Not forgetting the unusual pit exit as you join on the racing line for turn 2. Also speeding in the pit lane here is a real possibility given the top speeds you pick up down the long straight.

What are your predictions for the podium here?
What do you think it takes to be a world champion in PSGL?
How did the last round go for you?
What is your favourite thing about this track?

Re: [F5] Canadian Grand Prix

Reply #1
I’m hoping for a Force India 1-2, that way we’d be well ahead in constructors, 3rd id give it to nick, he’s been consistent and definitely able to maybe even win

It definitely takes clean racing (no cutting corners, gentle movements of the wheel etc) as well as consistent pace, even if you’re not the quickest you can still win on consistency as well as a good strategy

I’m not too upset with the P4 I managed to get since my strategy was ruined and fell back a lot, but I would’ve definitely liked to win, it would’ve closed the gap in the championship and could’ve been higher up

Absolutely everything about this track is amazing, it’s my favorite track on the calendar and I’d like to say I’m quick around here, hopefully I end up with a good result here

Reply #2
Next stop on the calendar brings the PSGL F5 grid to Montreal by the St Lawerence freeway, a beautiful setting for what should be a spectacular Grand Prix. Named after the legend Gilles Villeneuve, this circuit always throws up a classic.

There have been some spectacular racing and hair racing moments in years gone by. Who can remember that incredible Robert Kubica crash in which the Pole was lucky to walk away from.

With three DRS points, overtaking here is a real possibility, the long straight down to the famous Wall of Champions provides the best opportunity along with the option of the switchback at the hairpin before that. Being a tight circuit the first lap will be interesting as the cars sort themselves out.

Not forgetting the unusual pit exit as you join on the racing line for turn 2. Also speeding in the pit lane here is a real possibility given the top speeds you pick up down the long straight.

Spaniard, me and Nick

Consistency

Couldn't have gone any better

Tricky corners that can catch you out and lose a load of time if you don't get the right kind and exit speed

Reply #3
What are your predictions for the podium here? Spaniard LFC MrP
What do you think it takes to be a world champion in PSGL? ‘Consistenty wins you championships’
How did the last round go for you? Got taken out
What is your favourite thing about this track? How perfect the quali lap can feel if you string it together

Reply #4
What are your predictions for the podium here? - Spaniard, LFC, MrP
What do you think it takes to be a world champion in PSGL? - So much is a factor
How did the last round go for you? - It went okay, I should have won tbh but hopefully that race used all my bad luck up in one go
What is your favourite thing about this track? - I feel it's not as enjoyable as on the early games but definitely enjoy it when you have a car under you that means you can really push to the limit.