Skip to main content
Topic: [F4] Round 4: Canadian Grand Prix (Read 253 times) previous topic - next topic

[F4] Round 4: Canadian Grand Prix

Round 4: Canadian Grand Prix

We have arrived on the other side of the world at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, Canada for round 4 of the F4 Championship. At silverstone we saw Gamefreaker taking the win with his teammate hulkenburger in 2nd. So the Williams team took a huge amount of point during their home Grand Prix. Steba420 completed the podium in 3rd place. Circuit Gilles Villeneuve has loads of straights so you don't want to have too much downforce on your car. There are many opportunities to go for the overtake on the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, the hairpin is one of the better places to go for the overtake. Commentary for the Canadian Grand Prix will be done by Cticedemon20 and Cliffy so tune in to the stream for more close racing here in F4!

Season 19 race results:
1. Bluemosquito
2. Curtoise
3. Lars

Track guide:
Track name: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Track Length: 4.361m
Corners: 14
Corners left: 7
Corners right: 7
First F1 race: 1978
Track record: 1:13.622 by Rubens Barrichello, Scuderia Ferrari F2004, 2004 Canadian Grand Prix

Questions
1. will you be racing?

2. Were you happy with your result at the British Grand Prix?

3. Best Canadian Grand Prix moment?

4. Guess what the pole time will be?

5. Who will take the remaining seats for the 2019 season?
F1 2016 stats: F6 S2 3rd place | F4 S3 10th place
F1 2017 stats: F4 S1 6th place | F4 S2 3th place | F3 S3 15th place | Constructors champion F4 S1 | Constructors 2nd place F4 S2 |
F1 2018 stats: 1 win | 58 points | currently 5th place in the championship
Races: 68 | Race wins: 1 | Podiums: 15 | Pole Positions: 4 | Fastest Laps: 4 | Points: 373 | DNFs: 13 | Seasons in PSGL: 6 | Best result: 1st(1x) |

Re: [F4] Round 4: Canadian Grand Prix

Reply #1
1. will you be racing?
Yes

Delighted

Button on Vettel in 2011

I don't even know what's left at this point, Russell maybe?
F1 Race Statistics and Achievements
Races Entered 101 - Races Completed 69 - Points 482 - Pole Laps 10 - Wins 7 - Podiums 20 - Average Finish 7th - DNF's 32
1x F4 Drivers Champion - 1x F4 Constructors Champion - 1x F4 Drivers Runners Up - 2x F4 Constructors Runners Up - 1x F5(FP) Constructors Third Place - One Night Championship Winner

Reply #2
1. will you be racing?
Yes

Well, kinda. Most important thing is, that I finished infront of Grumpy

Dont have anything special

Ummm under 1.10,584

Well I dont really care, some new faces could be fun to watch

Reply #3
1. will you be racing?
Yes

Couldn't race unfortunately

1:09.155

Force India - Stroll & Ocon
Toro Rosso - Wehrlein
Williams - Sirotkin & Russell

F1 2016 stats: F6 S2 3rd place | F4 S3 10th place
F1 2017 stats: F4 S1 6th place | F4 S2 3th place | F3 S3 15th place | Constructors champion F4 S1 | Constructors 2nd place F4 S2 |
F1 2018 stats: 1 win | 58 points | currently 5th place in the championship
Races: 68 | Race wins: 1 | Podiums: 15 | Pole Positions: 4 | Fastest Laps: 4 | Points: 373 | DNFs: 13 | Seasons in PSGL: 6 | Best result: 1st(1x) |

Reply #4
1. Will you be racing?
Yup.

I guess.

Maybe Ricciardo getting his first win.

1:09.3

I imagine Williams will retain Sirotkin and maybe add Russell. Stroll to partner Perez at Force India? I suppose Wehrlein might get that final seat at Toro Rosso. Who knows though? Maybe we'll all be surprised.
F1 2015 | Races: 22 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 0 | Best Position: 4th(x2) | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: 69 |
F1 2016 | Races: 36 | Poles: 2 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 7 | Best Position: 2nd(x4) | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 176 |
F1 2017 | Races: 35 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 5 | Podiums: 14 | Best Position: 1st(x5) | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 249 |
F1 2018 | Races: 10 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 1 | Best Position: 2nd(x1) | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 38 |
--------------------------------PSGL F1 2017 F4 Season 1 Drivers Champion--------------------------------

Reply #5
1. will you be racing?
Yeah

Yeah, still a bit of the pace though

Can't really think of any

No idea

I don't even know what spaces are left

Reply #6
1. will you be racing?
Think so.

Yes, very happy. Didn't expect to win this season after just 3 races.

The 2011 race.

I have absolutely no idea. Don't think I will be the one to get pole.

Stroll will likely go to Force India with Perez.  Think Ocon will get the seat of Williams and heard rumours about Albon going to Toro Rosso. Next year's grid will be very interesting, can't wait!
Leagues: F4    
Best R Result:  7x1st (F2 Silverstone Season 15, FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18, F4 Spain Season 20, F4 Silverstone Season 21, F4 France Season 21, F4 Belgium Season 21)
Best Q Result : 9x1st (FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18, F4 Spain Season 20, F4 Austria Season 20, F4 Malaysia Season 20, F4 Silverstone Season 21, F4 Canada Season 21, F4 France Season 21, F4 Germany Season 21)

Reply #7
1 - Yes

2 - 12th to 4th (3rd on track and only 3.8 seconds off the lead), so I was very happy. Excellent pace throughout and some great overtakes.

3 - 2011 for sure

4 - between 1.08.3 and 1.08.6

5 - Stroll to Force India with Perez, hopefully Ocon at Williams and maybe Wehrlein in the other Toro Rosso.

Reply #8
Qualified: 3rd (Kinda)
Average we qualifying session, just keep going round until you figure it out, happy with 3rd, should have been 4th really but Blue got disqualified.

Race: 2nd
Got a good start and held off @Betrayer46 to keep third in the opening sequence of corners. The rain started coming down immediately, and I overtook lordy into the final chicane, @gamefreaker1 was ahead of me, and, being in the same car, got first choice of pit stops and went in on lap 2. I couldn't double stack feasibly so I had to wait a lap on a very damp track which unfortunately dropped me to fifth after lordy got me into the pit lane. I felt I was faster than lordy on the inters but couldn't get passed although we were keeping in touch with the leaders so I wasn't overly concerned. Lordy pit far too early for dry tyres, and I caught up to the leading pack just as the track dried up. Once again, gamefreaker had the first choice of pit stops so I had to go an extra lap on the inters on a dry track. However, he had had to change his front wing so I jumped him, and held off him and @mrgrumpy1989  for a few laps before overtaking @HagueF1Racing  who had damage. Gamefreaker sadly crashed pushing to re-overtake grumpy for third, and grumpy backed off with a mountain of penalties. I couldn't catch up with Betrayer who was matching me sector for sector, and eventually gave up to save some fuel. A thrilling race and a well deserved winner.
F1 Race Statistics and Achievements
Races Entered 101 - Races Completed 69 - Points 482 - Pole Laps 10 - Wins 7 - Podiums 20 - Average Finish 7th - DNF's 32
1x F4 Drivers Champion - 1x F4 Constructors Champion - 1x F4 Drivers Runners Up - 2x F4 Constructors Runners Up - 1x F5(FP) Constructors Third Place - One Night Championship Winner

Reply #9
Qualifying: 5th ( net 4th coz of blue being robbed )

Not real dry set up let alone a wet one. Just went with a dry one with softer anti roll and more wing. Car felt great on my first run with lots of fuel. I did 2 further runs and managed to get in top 5. Very happy with that and only .3 off pole.

Race: 1st

Got a great start and was pushing Hulk through the first few corners. I had Mr Rain ( grumps ) behind me al the way round the first lap. I decided to pit straight away for inters and once all the cars had pitted found myself in 2nd, not just that but closing the gap to gamefreaker. I had the most intense 10 laps of my F1 career trying to catch and not kill gamefreaker and holding off Warren who was all over the back of me.
Just watching Gamefreaker attempt to drive in those conditions with no assists, I tip my hat to you mate and although you didint finish you are my driver of the day.
Eventually Game just clipped the wall after the first sector and i just managed to squeeze mt car through. switched my fuel up but Game and Warren were right behind me. As the track dried out i started to pull away a little. Before my last stop i was 3 secs ahead. Once out of the pit on fresh US I was 5 secs ahead.
By this time Hulk had entered the fray, i really thought my days were numbered and it was only gonna be a matter of time before i was caught and passed. But once my tyres had heated up and a few laps on rich fuel i pulled away and held the gap to 7 secs, which was just enough as i was carrying 6secs of pens.

After the first 2 races i was questioning myself on whether i could compete in this league.  To have won is unbelievable. I appreciate it was a fluke and not likely to happen again, bit like Maldonado in Spain 2012,