Skip to main content
Topic: F7 Round 4 Canada  (Read 104 times) previous topic - next topic

F7 Round 4 Canada

Round 4 Canada

Round 7 of the PSGL F7 championship takes us to the beautiful Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Canada. 2.71 miles long consisting of 14 corners with a lap record of 1:13.622 standing from 2004 and a pole record of 1:10.764 set at the 2018 GP both held by German Sebastian Vettel. Can anyone on the grid top these times this time round?
Last week at silverstone saw Joruroo break free from the pack and take 1st place with Venom coming in 2nd and mir02k1 finishing 3rd with his 1st podium of the seaon! A few controversial moves caused some mid race drama and saw the field shuffled. Renault picked up the most points in the constructors with strong 4th and 5th place finishes from Kablo and Morris respectivly.     
After last weeks drama's at silverstone there is sure to be plenty of action here in Canada that isnt to be missed!!!

Questions

1 How do u rate the track?

2  Three races in is your season goin the way you expected?

3 How are you finding being part of the League and is there anything you would change if you could?  (mainly for the newer members)

See you all on track
:)

Re: F7 Round 4 Canada

Reply #1
I enjoy it but never been particularly strong.

3 podiums, 1 a win. Far more than I expected. Hope to build on that strong start with more good results.

3 How are you finding being part of the League and is there anything you would change if you could?  (mainly for the newer members) Its been decent so far. A bit more care on track is required from certain individuals.

Reply #2
One of the best tracks of the calendar, it has been one of my favourite tracks of all time so I expect to perform well here.

Its going decent, could have finished higher in China (bad strategy) and I had 0 grip in the race of Silverstone, what suprised me.

3 How are you finding being part of the League and is there anything you would change if you could?  (mainly for the newer members)
I like the competition and I wouldn't change anything rn, it is really organised!

Reply #3
1 How do u rate the track?  Canada is a great track lot's of high speed corners which is going to be packed with action.

2  Three races in is your season goin the way you expected? I have only raced 2 raceses in F7 and with getting points in both raceses I am quite happy with the results in the Williams.

I am quite fond of the league its good to drive with people who dont go for the crashes (like most of multiplayer) very one is being competitive as they try get on top of leaderboards.

Reply #4
It is an okay track, not one of my faves but still fun. With rain, this track can be one of the hardest races of the season for me.
Not al all, I didn't participate in the first & second race, the third race I gained several positions but I crashed due to Swenthemen's foolish actions. Hope to see a cleaner race upcoming thursday. The next races are better for me so I'm hoping I can score some points in the championship.
3 How are you finding being part of the League and is there anything you would change if you could?
It is really nice how people can group up and share the same passion for this game. So I'm enjoying myself while racing against others. And I wouldn't change anything yet.

Reply #5
It's a fun track, and I think one of the easiest of the calendar.

1 DNS, 1 DNF and a 8th place... Not really.

No formation lap,

Reply #6
Quite highly, Always loved the track. Never been strong but driving the track is great.

Australia still annoys me but trying to get past it. Other than that, all good.

Reply #7
Q: Pole Position

First pole since Japan, F3 on F1 2016 by half a second. Wasn't entirely comfortable. Made a mess of my first run and 2nd run didn't feel confidence in sector 3. Raised the top diff a little and that paid off with more traction to attack the final chicane.

Race: 1st

Decided to be a bit more aggressive with the strategy as in practice I just hadn't been able to get the SS to work well.

Good start and had a little more pace than my team mate earlier on and then pitted earlier for the US to get the undercut and clear track. Only on track overtake was a simple DRS move on bluejean who was pitting anyway. Was somewhat surprised the US runners were pitting so early because had they gone much longer a SC could have swung the race  in their favour. SC never came.

After everyone else pitted, I was left with a commanding lead.

Pitted for another set of US end of lap 21 and my team mate took the lead. Rapidly ate into his advantage but he pitted anyway. Comfortable win and even better a Ferrari 1-2 as Billy got a superb 2nd place.

Really pleased with my performance, fastest lap and no pens being an additional bonus. The two drivers who are quicker than me in F7 at the moment were either absent or didn't reach their potential so its a slightly hollow win but ultimately I still had to get the job done to put myself top of the standings.

Well done to the rest of the top 10, enjoy the mid season break and see you in France!