Skip to main content
Topic: [F1] Season 21 - Pre-Season: Italy (17/09/18) (Read 264 times) previous topic - next topic

[F1] Season 21 - Pre-Season: Italy (17/09/18)

Pre-Season: Italy

After an excruciatingly long break, PSGL F1 is back for Season 21 with debatably the strongest grid ever. The newly crowned champion Louis will be looking to defend his title, with previous title rival Ash looking to bounce back and win his second in PSGL. Although those two were the only title contenders that year, Cliffy and BigC look strong heading into this season, and both will be looking to join the mix for the title fight. Two F2 champions will be joining the grid, S19 champion kbkillerzone and S20 champion Badboy join, they too could be in the title mix. Finally, Gamer da best will be returning to the grid, after missing out on the title in S18, overall, anyone can walk away with the S21 title in their hands.

The pre-season track for this season, being decided by the drivers themselves, will be Monza, the temple of speed. This should provide us with some exciting action and many overtaking opportunities, this year slipstream ism ore powerful which should create many more battles than last year. After an absence of formation lap and safety car last year, both have returned, creating more strategic options if the safety car is deployed, nobody is ever out of the mix for the race win as an unexpected safety car could bring someone into the fight for the race win. This will be the second year of the redesigned technical regulations, which means the teams have developed a bigger understanding of the cars and times should be even quicker than before, the halo also makes its debut to the sport, an unpopular safety device but has been the only one that passed the safety test, after numerous occurrences with aliens last year, drivers have asked to bring in a safety device to protect themselves. This upcoming season will be a season to remember, with so many quick drivers, nobody knows who can win the title.

GamingAlimonda is back for another season of PSGL F1 commentary, he will be commentating over every race* for the 11 race calendar this season.

Lobby Settings

Host: Ash
Time: 8pm
Qualifying: Short
Damage: Full
Weather: Dynamic
Parc Ferme: On
Safety Car: On
Formation Lap: On
AI Difficulty: 90
All assists allowed EXCEPT braking assist, automatic ERS and both pit assists.

Questions
1.)What are your opinions of the game so far?
2.) Do you think you can challenge for the title?
3.) Have codies done a decent job this year? (emphasis on decent)
4.) What did you do throughout the break?
5.) Opinions on ERS and the new tyre models?

Re: [F1] Season 21 - Pre-Season: Italy (17/09/18)

Reply #1
1. Fun to drive, few issues but same with every game.
2. Probably not but anything can happen.
3. Yes.
4. Work a lot - lots of pro clubs
5. Fantastic additions.

| F1 Stats | Races: 116 | Points: 1246 | Podiums: 81| Poles: 54 | Best finish: 1st (x41) |

Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|

Reply #2
I'm enjoying it more than 17 in its current state.

Difficult to say as we won't really have an idea of the pecking order on an new game until after this race.  Louis is the defending champion but will have a tough job on his hands given the quality of the competition.

Yes I think so, still think they need to shift more resources to the online side of things.

Finished a few more of my photography course assignments, saw friends and also joined the AOR commentary team for Tier 1 PS4 on Sundays which was a cool moment.

Spider-Man PS4 and the new Tomb Raider have been among my gaming highlights this year also.

Its been implemented really well imo.

Reply #3
1. I'm enjoying it but it could do with some updates to multiplayer.

2. Not really.

3. Yes, and as I said earlier it could do with some updates.

4. Nothing much, just waited for the new game to come out and try it.

5. I think it's the best thing they've added for the past few years definitely.
PSGL Stats|Races=42|Wins=5|Podiums=16|F3 CC F1 2017 Season 2|F2 Champion F1 2017 Season 3|F1 2017 Season 3 ROC Winner|
PSGL F1 Stats|Races=1|Wins=0|Podiums=0|Points=0|

Reply #4

1. Fun to drive, few issues but same with every game.
2. One can always hope
3. Made progress from last game imo
4. Went to a few cool places before I got back on the grind
5. ERS Is perfect, tyres kill me most of the time

Reply #5
The driving is quite tricky. It punishes mistakes quite a bit but rewarding when you get it right.

You never know but with this current grid #doubt

Yup they've managed to lower our standards quite a bit over the last few years ;)

Work a bit too much. Played not as much as I would've liked.

I really like the new tyre model. A lot more tweaking required to get a balance between quali and race setup. ERS is fun but it requires a lot of fiddling with the OSD.

F1 2015 - Wins: 3
F1 2016 - Wins: 14
F1 2017 - Wins: 2

Reply #6
Looks good handling is good but still way to many glitches in online + desync crashes are the worst
Probably not but I try my best
On the career mode probably but it doesn’t seem like they put much effort in the online which is a shame
School
Really good adition cause it brings way more tactics in it which is good

Reply #7
1.)What are your opinions of the game so far? Aids.
2.) Do you think you can challenge for the title? Do you?
3.) Have codies done a decent job this year? No, only added SC, everything else is broken.
4.) What did you do throughout the break? Enjoyed it unlike some.
5.) Opinions on ERS and the new tyre models? ERS is okay but too many modes to handle. Tyres are shit, spin and you never get your temps down.
Never raced in PSGL, Until now!

Reply #8
Lot of fun, much better than 2017

A lot of quick guys here but we all race to win.

I don’t understand how a new game can carry over so much of the bad DNA from previous games. It’s a great game when working but the next glitch is just around the corner unfortunately

Became full time self employed and played a good bit of F1

Great features and adds even more depth to strategy
F1 Stats
PSGL | Races: 53 | Poles: 12 | Wins: 7 | Podiums: 19 | Championships: 0 | Points: 354
Championship position: 9th
F3 Season 16 Constructors Champion

Reply #9
Happy with it so far, despite the bugs but at least we are getting updates relatively frequently

Ver unlikely, I’m just going to try and stay out of trouble and score consistently is the plan

The base game that is there is solid, just needs some polishing up

Moved out of home and started my first job in Motorsport!

The new tyre model is fantastic, really impressed me! For the first time you actually have to think about tyres. ERS is also very good but I need more buttons on my wheel 😂
F1 Driver

F1 Stats: | Races: 24 | Wins: 7 | Podiums: 11 | Pole Positions: 7 | Fastest Laps: 5 | Points: 200 |
| F1 2017 F3 Season 2 Drivers Champion | F1 2017 ROC 3rd Place |

FP Stats: | Races: 5 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 1 | Pole Positions: 0 | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: 28 |

GT Sport Stats: | Races: 2 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 0 | Pole Positions: 0 | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: 20 |

Reply #10
Enjoying it, it's a lot to get used to compared to 2017 but it's good so far.

I highly doubt it, but we havent seen everyones representative pace so I dont think anyone can be conpletely ruled out just yet.

Yeah pretty good thus far. Work to do though.

Relaxed mostly.

Great additions. Tyre temps are tough to manage though, not a fan of how 2 degrees turns my tyres from perfect to very difficult to drive. But I'm sure as time goes on it'll get easier.
F3/2/A Stats | Races: 54 | Wins: 8 | Podiums: 17 | Poles: 9 | Points: 377 | Best WDC finish: 2nd (F3 S17&18) | Best WCC finish: 1st (x3) |
F1 Stats | Races: 33 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 3 | Poles: 1 | Points: 145 | Best WDC finish: 4th | Best WCC finish: 1st |
FP Drivers Champion Season 18 | F1 Constructors Champions Season 20 | F3 Constructors Champions Season 16, 17, & 18 |

Reply #11
1.)What are your opinions of the game so far? Not bad need to fix the online still.

2.) Do you think you can challenge for the title? Meh would like to but don't really have time to practice.

3.) Have codies done a decent job this year?  (emphasis on decent) they have done ok but the online is still bad.

4.) What did you do throughout the break? Work

5.) Opinions on ERS and the new tyre models? Ers is ok but tyre models are shit.