Skip to main content
Topic: [F2] Paddock (Read 561 times) previous topic - next topic

[F2] Paddock

F2 Paddock - "The finest in the universe"

The F2 Paddock, otherwise known as the finest in the universe, has made its striking appearance within the F2 league, and hopes to bring the drivers closer together by offering them the finest experience and atmosphere of their lives. In other words, you (the F2 racers) and other racers across the site can use the paddock for general communication.

What type of communication?

• General talk/discussion/stories & gossip (i.e. let everyone know how you're doing)
  • Discuss championship standings and battles
  • Assistance for setups, strategy
  • Interviews with drivers will be posted in the paddock

Now lets fire away and make the F2 paddock a lively place! After all, it's not the finest in the universe for no reason! :36:
| PSGL F1 Stats | Seasons: 14 | Races: 171 | Points: 1410 | Podiums: 83 | Poles: 8 | Best finish: 1st (x27) |

| PSGL F1 Champion (x3) | PSGL F1 Constructors (x2) | PSGL F4 Champion (x1) |

Twitter: @IrunF1 | Youtube: IrunF1

Re: [F2] Paddock

Reply #1
I'll start this off, whats everyones aspirations for this season? I personally thought id be put in F3 or 4 but its nice to see people feel I'm worthy for F2, either that people want to see me get rekt lol.

I'm hoping to finished between 8th worst case and 6th best case, there are some serious drivers here and I'm really looking forward to racing with you all.

Reply #2
I'll start this off, whats everyones aspirations for this season? I personally thought id be put in F3 or 4 but its nice to see people feel I'm worthy for F2, either that people want to see me get rekt lol.

I'm hoping to finished between 8th worst case and 6th best case, there are some serious drivers here and I'm really looking forward to racing with you all.
I think you'll do well in F2 mate. Personally I'm hoping for top 10 but after seeing the list of drivers just not coming last would be an achievement  :laugh:

Reply #3
Kim Woodburn enters negotiations in the market with team bosses

Cleaner and television star Kim Woodburn announced herself earlier today as the driver manager for both Irun & Joel who have agreed a deal as teammates for the upcoming season.

Ms Woodburn has recently been prowling the market to enter negotiations with various team bosses to find an adequate cockpit for her drivers to race in.

An ill tempered Kim Woodburn (pictured above) is keen to secure a deal with team bosses. She spoke with the media about her endeavours

"I'll tell you what my darling, it's going to be a thrilling season. I have been out there negotiating with as many teams on the market to secure the best possible deal for my drivers. It's going well so far, however we will need to wait until the weekend to find out where our fate lies."

When the 76 year old was asked about the risk of her drivers ending up in a Williams, she replied:

"Are you f***ing kidding me?"
| PSGL F1 Stats | Seasons: 14 | Races: 171 | Points: 1410 | Podiums: 83 | Poles: 8 | Best finish: 1st (x27) |

Reply #4
Ferrari begins negotiations over a 'technical partnership' with fellow F1 teams

As the new season grows ever closer, there's always one question going through the mind, who will come out on top in Melbourne? Going into the season Ferrari team principle Jim Bell gave his overview of what to expect from the Scuderia:

Jim Bell pictured above speaking to the media on Thursday afternoon

"Hello Adam, going into this season they're a lot of negotiations going on, aren't they Wilson. As you will have heard recently our new driver pairing includes the reigning F3 champion and the experienced Greeny, a partnership we are very excited about. At the moment we are drawing up a few technical partnerships in order to aid our surge to the top of the table, however we can not disclose who negotiations are with. All we can say is we are aiming for a title of some sort. Bye All."

Interesting developments coming from Jim there, who knows what to expect. All should be answered in 5 days time in Australia as the new PSGL season kicks off.

Reply #5
‘writhing in the snakepit’

formula 2 driver boywithnoface has sensationally hit out at critics over his driving at the last Formula 2 race at Shanghai, saying that ‘not many drivers would’ve survived in that environment’ and compared his defensive driving on the ‘fragile purple ultra-soft tyres’ to a ‘ tourist who has to look out for himself’. Further on in the interview, roberts has been quoted in saying ‘formula 2 is a hostile environment and i’m currently writhing in the snakepit.’

more to follow tomorrow as reports are rounded up after the drivers surprise interview late tonight in myanmar...
Pole Laps 22 | Wins 18 | Podiums 58
Highest Race Of Champions Finish - 3rd | Constructors Winner x1
Drivers Runner up x4 | Overtake of the week winner x3 | Fifa 17 Season 1 Premiership Winner

Reply #6
José who?
Full details of Robert's sensational rant revealed

Some have compared Robert's monologue to the sort of the Portuguese manager pictured above

The full recording of yesterdays late interview have emerged and sent shockwaves up and down the Formula 2 paddock as Roberts reminded the grid of his experiences in the depths of the midfield.
I wish to remind the new drivers on the grid that i have been racing since early 2015. I have finished in every position from P1 to P20, I have driven for every engine manufacturer learning about the nuances of each engine tone, i've lost championships by single points, i've commentated, i've crashed, i've crowned champions and i have destroyed careers both on and off track. Over the last 8 seasons i have amassed 22 Pole Positions, 18 Wins, 58 Podiums, administrated leagues... what have you done? Apart from maaa teammate and Irun i have achieved more than you; been through more than you; writhed from the depths of F4 to win the Singapore Grand Prix in F1. I have my sources, I know how things work, I know how to survive.

Roberts says Bakers is 'Just like honey'

When asked about his Mercedes teammate BakersF1 Roberts said:
He's just like honey, sticks to other cars out on track and slowly droops past them, eliminating them from the race. He's a special driver who unfortunately got lost in the snakepit last race as most drivers would. When 50 angry snakes are writhing at your rear tyres - encircling you - it is hard to escape and survive. I mean i was hit before we even reached turn 1 hehe hehe.

Irun escaping the snakepit

Some members of the media were concerned that Roberts was perhaps 'intoxicated' at the press event and unable to eloquently portray his thoughts in a respectful manner however representatives of the driver have since told the press that he is in a stable mental condition and is not under the influence of any substances. 
As i've said before in formula 1 interviews, at the end of the day all drivers are cats, and all cats are grey in the dark. Or as Marcus would say i mörkret är alla katter grå. I want to enjoy the rest of the season and race cleanly with the rest of the cats. Some of the insults hurled at me post race were amateurish. My advice to the grid is, to survive in this business you have to slide into deep black water, and breathe; and breathe.

quite clearly deep black water

Pole Laps 22 | Wins 18 | Podiums 58
Highest Race Of Champions Finish - 3rd | Constructors Winner x1
Drivers Runner up x4 | Overtake of the week winner x3 | Fifa 17 Season 1 Premiership Winner

Reply #7
Irun: "I'm not going into a race, I'm going into a war"

Veteran driver Irun, and PSGL ambassador hit out at driving standards in the F2 league by claiming that he isn't heading into a 'race', but rather what he describes as a 'war'

The former PSGL F1 champion finished 7th at his home race in Britain last time out. He spoke to the media:

"The last race was a big result for our team to pick up some points from where we started on the grid. I didn't have any pace, but thankfully I managed to make the strategy work and it helps Sauber climb up from the bottom of the constructors. It's going to be a long hard season ahead from what I've seen on and off track. Unfortunately in this league, it feels as if I'm not going into a race, but instead I'm going into a war."

Reply #8
Monisha Kaltenborn: "Canada podium a massive result for Sauber"

As Sauber made up the rear of the constructors table, they also made up the rear end of the grid as they started from 14th and 16th on the grid. Things looked bleak early on as Sauber driver Joel collided with Tusmusz retiring both drivers from the race.

The teams hopes were dependent on the former PSGL F1 champion Irun, who made headlines last night in F2 as he took a shock podium from 16th on the grid, following a race of high attrition and a late safety car.

Irun who crossed the line 6th, managed to profit from those with penalties in front of him as he finished 3rd

Joel and Irun's driver manager Kim Woodburn was in good spirits as she made an appearance on 'This Morning' to 'answer her critics'

Team boss Monisha Kaltenborn spoke to the media following a massive result for the Sauber F1 team

"Oh absolutely, it was a massive result for us to finish on the podium in Canada. I am shocked for words and I still cant quite believe it. We were sad to lose Joel early on, but Irun made up for it as he drove a scintillating strategic race, and managed to keep his car out of the walls. We certainly managed the late safety car restart well to stay within a sufficient margin of those cars ahead who had penalties. I honestly did not expect a podium finish from any of our drivers this season given the speed on the grid. Our drivers may have been 'very slow', but experience certainly makes up for lack of speed. It's certainly a good way to finish the first part of the season heading into the break!

Reply #9
FlyingFrome keeping a low profile:

After a rocky ride as the Formula 2 admin in the last few weeks, FlyingFrome was spotted sneaking around the paddock this weekend for the German Grand Prix. It's not a surprise the admin is trying to keep a low profile. The F2 league has been the talk of PSGL so far this season and not for the right reasons. We can't blame the F3 champion for keeping his head down!