Skip to main content
Topic: [F3] Round 13: Malaysian GP - 12/08/18 (Read 122 times) previous topic - next topic

[F3] Round 13: Malaysian GP - 12/08/18

The F1 2017 F3 Season 3 Championship is finally here. Last time out in Russia we saw the two Mercs and our championship leader streak away from the rest of the field. AMK controlled the race from start to finish and will be wondering what might have been. Frome knows a podium this weekend guarantees him the championship.

Kuala Lumpur is our destination this week, for the last time in what might be a while. One of the more popular Tilke tracks, the Sepang circuit is famous for throwing tropical weather at seemingly sewn up races. It has produced many great races and it is only fitting we hold the finale of season three here.

Can Frome finally finish the job this week? Will we see the Mercedes boys work together?

Join JP this Sunday at 8pm. http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperGodzilla5/featured

Lap Record: 1:34.080 - Sebastian Vettel - Ferrari SF71H - 2017

Track Trivia:
The inauguration of Malaysian Grand Prix at Sepang International Circuit was held in 1999. The state-of-the-art circuit was officially opened on March 9, 1999 by former Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad. It was constructed on a 260-hectare former palm oil plantation.

Previous Season Results:
1 - Wocko
2 - SauPaulo
3 - FrnkDnk

Questions:
1 - How did the last race go for you? Were you happy with the result?
2 - Will you be attending this week?
3 - Are you a fan of the track? Favourite memory here?
4 - Are you sad to see Malaysia leave the calendar?
5 - Your favourite moment on F1 2017?

F1 2015 | Races: 22 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 0 | Best Position: 4th(x2) | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: Not a clue. |
F1 2016 | Races: 36 | Poles: 2 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 7 | Best Position: 2nd(x4) | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 176 |
F1 2017 | Races: 35 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 5 | Podiums: 14 | Best Position: 1st(x5) | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 249 |
--------------------------------PSGL F1 2017 F4 Season 1 Drivers Champion--------------------------------

Re: [F3] Round 13: Malaysian GP - 12/08/18

Reply #1
Questions:
1 - How did the last race go for you? Were you happy with the result? 4th, not bad since I bottled the start going from 3rd to 9th.
2 - Will you be attending this week? Yes
3 - Are you a fan of the track? Favourite memory here? Didn't used to be but I'm warming to it and I honestly don't know.
4 - Are you sad to see Malaysia leave the calendar? Yes, it has provided some great racing over the years and some of the high speed corners are fun to drive.
5 - Your favourite moment on F1 2017? Coming from the back of the field to take a podium at Singapore in a dry/ inter/ wet race

Reply #2
Didn’t race during the last 4 weeks

Yes probably

Yes, Finishing 2nd last season in F4 was great. Was within 2 seconds of bluemosquito for a big part of the race. Had to back off because i needed to save my tyres

Yes

Winning the constructors championship in Season 1 of F4 with @frisostolk_ . Australia and Malaysia in F4 Season 2 was also one of my highlights on this game
F1 2016: F6 S2 3rd place | F4 S3 10th place
F1 2017:F4 S1 6th place | F4 S2 3th place | Constructors champion F4 S1 | Constructors 2nd place F4 S2 | F3 S3 currently 10th place

Races: 57 | Race wins: 0 | Podiums: 13 | Pole Positions: 2 | Fastest Laps: 4 | Points: 305 | DNFs:10 | Seasons in PSGL: 5 | Best result: 2nd(6x) |

Reply #3
Pretty happy. I needed to just beat Raybay which I just managed to do

Definitely!

Not so much on the game but I love it in real life. Probably the JB win in the Brawn is a stand out memory when the race was stopped for the rain!

Yep it's one of the better modern tracks

Probably winning Spa with a last lap overtake :)

Reply #4
Wasn't great. Got bottled up behind OTP.

Yes! Can't miss the final race!

It's pretty good, nice and flowing. Irl, the Verstappen-Ricciardo fight for the win in 2016 was great. In game, don't really have one. My best result was a second place in a pre-season race.

For sure. The weather causes all sorts of interesting havoc.

Maybe getting my first win in the first race on the new game. Possibly the finale of season one, finally taking the championship after a long old fight with @frisostolk_. My win at Baku last season was also pretty sweet!

F1 2015 | Races: 22 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 0 | Best Position: 4th(x2) | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: Not a clue. |
F1 2016 | Races: 36 | Poles: 2 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 7 | Best Position: 2nd(x4) | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 176 |
F1 2017 | Races: 35 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 5 | Podiums: 14 | Best Position: 1st(x5) | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 249 |
--------------------------------PSGL F1 2017 F4 Season 1 Drivers Champion--------------------------------

Reply #5
Didnt race...

Yes if nothing comes up

Yeah its a pretty good track. some corners are really hard when you drive no tc. And best memory was a podium in another league. And irl when Hamiltons engine blew up.

Yup, it was a good track.

5 - Your favourite moment(s) on F1 2017?
My first league race, first race win and first pole i guess.

Reply #6
How did the last race go for you? Were you happy with the result?

It was terrible and no.

I hope so.

Yes I love Malaysia. I wish it was still on the calendar, sad to see it go. I have a lot of good memories from Malaysia, too many to choose from. I really enjoyed the sights and sounds from the 2009 race though with half points being awarded. Amazing transition from dry weather to a tropical storm with loud thunder and forks of lightning. Toyota and BMW Sauber were looking menacing too, at the end, until the race was called off. That may have been Toyotas best chance to win. We also got the classic "White visor!" And "Felipe baby stay cool!" Radio transmission.

Yes very

From my short time on the game I've had a lot of good moments and memories. A couple of my favorite memories would be battling a dirty jacktyler at Baku, in F5 last season, with a broken wing, for 2nd place. I watched it again a few days ago on Curtoise95 YT channel. Jack got the short end of the deal but I enjoyed it, and i enjoyed Austria a couple weeks ago.

Ultimately I'll remember all of the nice people I've met along the way though. Good times.
From Canada with love  ❤

Reply #7

Nah, My practice early in the week promised lot more, but few days drinking and straight away to the race and all hopes of good result were gone.
Yes, first race with tc off so hoping good quali and shitty race
Irl i am, and i like it more now when i dont use tc, as the 2nd sector feels much better. Dont really remember any specific moment
Yeah, a modern classic
Either my psgl debut in F5, absolutely dominant win in mixed weather in Austria, or now my second season in psgl and first in f3 (also Austria) as I got first pole with pb and p2 in race after interesting race

Reply #8
Not really. Picked up damage early on but I did gain points on Aaron into the final race so that’s a positive.

Of course.

Feel like I’m the only person that doesn’t like it but it’s the only track I’ve taken 2 wins at so I guess that’s something.

Not at all.

The Belgium podium. After starting the game new to the wheel and seeing a clear improvement through each season plus proving a lot of people wrong was quite satisfying.

Special shoutout to the birth of ontothebus in Monaco season 2. A true F3 legend was born that day.
PSGL Stats |  Races: 57 |  Wins: 5 |  Podiums: 15 |
 Pole Positions: 1 |  Points: 305 | F1 2016 Season 2 F6 Champion |

Reply #9
Qualifying: 4th

Very tricky inter conditions for qualifying. The car felt good, just had a couple moments that ruined the 2nd run and I missed the line to do another lap by a couple seconds. Had filled the car up with fuel to do a couple runs but misjudged the time. Adventures had done a great lap anyway

Race: 2nd

Not sure if we all had the same weather reports but I had rain shown at the end of the race, 40 minutes in (Full race distance in the dry is 44/45 minutes) started on the Supersoft tire. I noticed a few people had started on mediums and a few others on Softs or SS as well, it was quite a mixed bag but majority of the frontrunners were on mediums, so I knew something wasn't right. So the goal was to use the SS's to their full advantage and get out front as soon as possible to create a gap and that's what I did. Pitted on lap 10 to the softs and I thought they would be good to go until the rain came and I could claw back the 15 seconds lost in the pits. Unfortunately there was a radio call saying rain in 5 minutes and they rain arrived 2 laps after I had pitted so the chance for a win was over right there and then.

The second half of the race just became a 'make it a respectable finish' type of deal, and I spent the remaining laps catching ontothepodium. It was very tough to pass him because he was lagging so badly. I had passed him twice already, on track, only to find out that it was just lag and he was still ahead. At one point he had the red X saying he disconnected and I accelerated into the back of him, only to find out again, that he was still there. So after overtaking him with a couple laps to go I brought the car home in a lonely 2nd place. Another disappointing race done and dusted. Good pole by adventures and good scraps throughout the field though. Good job everyone.
From Canada with love  ❤