Skip to main content
Topic: [F4] Round 13: Malaysian Grand Prix (12/08/2018) 8:00pm UK Time (Read 153 times) previous topic - next topic

[F4] Round 13: Malaysian Grand Prix (12/08/2018) 8:00pm UK Time

Formula 4 : Round 13
Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang International Circuit

Race Preview

Last week in a depleted Russian Grand Prix we saw RaversRevenge take his first pole position in F4 and followed it up with his first podium also, but it was Ferrari driver boywithnoface who took what was only his second victory of the season to all but seal his 2nd place in the championship. With almost nothing to play for in the championship, the F4 finale looks almost like an exhibition race as we head to Malaysia for what will be the end of an era. The final race of the F4 season, the final race under the 2017 title, and the final race to ever take place at the Sepang International Circuit. Malaysia has frequently given us great and unpredictable racing, with the weather always a factor to ensure the drivers have to be at their very best. Who will take the chequered flag to mark the end of the 2017 era?

Track Guide

Last Malaysian GP:

1. bluemosquito
2. larsgaming123
3. WarrenHague

Pre-Race Questions
1. Will you be racing?
2. What has been your most enjoyable race of the season?
3. Who has surprised you most this season?
4. Will you miss Malaysia?
5. How long before Stroll ends up at Force India?
F1 Race Statistics and Achievements
Races Completed 60 - Points 394 - Pole Laps 9 - Wins 5 - Podiums 16 - Average Finish 5th
1x F4 Drivers Runners Up - 2x F4 Constructors Runners Up - 1x F5(FP) Constructors Third Place - One Night Championship Winner

Re: [F4] Round 13: Malaysian Grand Prix (12/08/2018) 8:00pm UK Time

Reply #1
1. Will you be racing?
Should be.

Spain, full wet race, could overtake Hague in the last lap to take my only victory but it felt so much better due to the bad conditions and I really had to concentrate like mad to keep my car on the track.

@Irun did, I knew he was 1 of the main contenders but didn't expect that he would dominate the championship, he was super consistent and never made a mistake.

Don't know, I wasn't good at it on this game but the weather conditions always made for an interesting race.

Probably next year.
Leagues: F4    
Best R Result:  5x1st (F2 Silverstone Season 15, FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18, F4 Hungary Pre-Season Season 20, F4 Spain Season 20)
Best Q Result : 5x1st (FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18, F4 Spain Season 20, F4 Austria Season 20, F4 Malaysia Season 20)

Reply #2
1. Will you be racing? Yes
2. What has been your most enjoyable race of the season? I really enjoyed Bahrain despite the wing damage. I really enjoyed the battles at Spa also, and Austria 1-2 finish where me and grumps took the double
3. Who has surprised you most this season? ijsimo has been surprising. But Grumps has had a new lease of life in the Sauber, that mid-season form was incredible where he kept wrenching out podiums like no tomorrow.
4. Will you miss Malaysia? Yes
5. How long before Stroll ends up at Force India? next season
| PSGL F1 Stats | Seasons: 14 | Races: 171 | Points: 1410 | Podiums: 83 | Poles: 8 | Best finish: 1st (x27) |

| PSGL F1 Champion (x3) | PSGL F1 Constructors (x2) | Updated after S19 Japan |

Twitter: @IrunF1 | Youtube: IrunF1

Reply #3
1. Well itd be hard to drive from the booth 😂😂

2. They have all been fun to watch but i think Spain was the best. Even in miserable conditions it held the most hectic last lap ive ever seen

3. Cant say many surprised me considering i didnt know many of the drivers before i started comms. But this division is so competitive. Theres almost always a battle somewhere on the track

4. Not a fan of malaysia on the game

5. Probably next season.

Decided to fill this one out so i can thank each of you for giving me the opportunity to hang out and learn from some faster drivers. Sundays have been a lot more fun now that i have been on comms. Congratulations to all on another completed season and best of luck to everyone on the new game.

See you all sunday

Reply #4
1. Yes
2. Probably Belgium - slick tyres on a wet track made for a real challenge
3. I would say Grumpy. He's found some great form in the second half of the season
4. Never had too much fun here, but it's always sad to see an option leave the game. It'd be nice if Codies could leave the tracks in.
5. Probably next year

Reply #5
1. Will you be racing?
Been away on holiday then working in South America for a bit, now I'm back just in time for the finale.  So yes!

Brazil stands out.  Thought I'd outsmarted Irun by pitting early, but a puncture 3 corners from the end foiled me.  Or possibly Silverstone, my only win!

Somehow thought gamefreaker would be fighting for more victories.

The place looks completely devoid of atmosphere in real life, so not really.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a seat before the end of this season!

Reply #6
1. Will you be racing?
No, I just felt like answering the questions.

Austria was fun, some really good battles.

No one really. Expected Irun to dominate and he did.

A great track and some brilliant races in RL but there is a reason its gone from the calendar. The country never embraced F1.

I'm not so sure its a certain thing. Probably would have been had Ricciardo not gone to Renault because I believe Ocon would have gone there leaving a free seat available at FI.

Now its much more complicated driver market. Also Williams will be keen to hold on to Stroll and the money of course.

[PSGL Career] Seasons: 6 Starts: 65 Poles: 1 Wins: 3 Podiums: 11 DNFs: 6 Fastest Laps: 5 Points: 350
2x Constructors Champion (1x F3 1x F4)

Reply #7
1. Will you be racing?
No

Brazil Spa and australia.

ijismo has probably over performed the most, no shocks with irun or grumpy or me etc. Expected gamefreaker to do better however.

Yes.

idk
Pole Laps 21 | Wins 18 | Podiums 58
Highest Race Of Champions Finish - 3rd | Constructors Winner x1
Drivers Runner up x4 | Overtake of the week winner x3 | Fifa 17 Season 1 Premiership Winner

Reply #8
1. Will you be racing?
Hopefully

Austria was fun, and frustrating, could say the same about Singapore.

Ravers has had a surprising amount of pace, managing a pole and a podium when he was nowhere last season.

Yes, although I'm struggling with it on this game.

Hopefully never, probably next season.
F1 Race Statistics and Achievements
Races Completed 60 - Points 394 - Pole Laps 9 - Wins 5 - Podiums 16 - Average Finish 5th
1x F4 Drivers Runners Up - 2x F4 Constructors Runners Up - 1x F5(FP) Constructors Third Place - One Night Championship Winner

Reply #9
1 - Yes

2 - Japan, winning despite driving the whole race with a damaged wing and fending off Irun at the end. Austria was great fun too.

3 - Probably Simo with his great consistency and Gamefreaker not getting the results I and others expected.

4 - Yes, great track. Not very good at it on this game.

5 - Hopefully never, but can guarantee his Dad will get him that seat

Reply #10
Qualified 2nd, Finished 1st

Was a good qualifying performance, sadly couldn't get a lap at the end, as on my second effort on the first run I was up by a lot, and felt I needed to get that lap in rather than wait until the end. Worked out with a front row start.

The race start was a bit difficult in full wet conditions as grumps managed to overtake me and move up to 2nd. Being in 3rd was tough, as with changeable conditions, I couldn't stack with my teammate so had to play the long game and stay out.

Defended well from Hulk, and after moving onto inters managed to just get out in front of Hague and Hulk. Managed the stint on the inters really well, despite the top 2 being faster. I was under incredible pressure from Hague all throughout that stint

Was able to take the tyres to the onto switchover to dry tyres, and managed to profit from a good strategic decision on the pitwall aided by my teammate @mrgrumpy1989 to inherit the lead by overtaking one of Cyrilabitofadelusion's cars in gamefreaker!!!

Delighted to win, sad for my teammate grumps who was running really strongly, but unfortunately picked up a puncture. He drove really well all season, had some stand out drives and grateful to win the constructors with him.  Well done to the Force India's @bluemosquito and @HagueF1Racing on their respective podiums

This league has been a fantastic experience to be a part of, some brilliant racers, friendly atmosphere, great admins and thanks to everyone for making it what is. Thanks to all the commentary team as well for their efforts throughout the season.
| PSGL F1 Stats | Seasons: 14 | Races: 171 | Points: 1410 | Podiums: 83 | Poles: 8 | Best finish: 1st (x27) |

| PSGL F1 Champion (x3) | PSGL F1 Constructors (x2) | Updated after S19 Japan |

Twitter: @IrunF1 | Youtube: IrunF1