Skip to main content
Topic: [F4] Round 2: Brazilian Grand Prix (20/05/2018) 8:00pm UK Time (Read 492 times) previous topic - next topic

[F4] Round 2: Brazilian Grand Prix (20/05/2018) 8:00pm UK Time

Formula 4 : Round 02
Brazilian Grand Prix - Autódromo José Carlos Pace

Race Preview

Last week in Australia the F4 season finally got underway with a thrilling, rain filled spectacle that saw IrunF1 take the chequered flag for his first victory in F4. The victory came after an incredibly tight qualifying session which showed that, despite what some have claimed, the F4 grid is as close as ever and we should be on for a thrilling season.

For the second round of the PSGL F4 season we head to South America for the Brazilian Grand Prix. Always an intriguing race which has provided many an iconic moment throughout its long history, Last season saw Bluemosquito take his second consecutive victory of the season on the way to what would become a dominant campaign resulting in the Force India (then Williams) driver taking the championship: this season it may not be so straightforward. With such a close grid, almost anyone could take victory this weekend, and whilst Irun will be hoping to take a second victory of the season, all of his competitors such as bluemosquito, boywithnoface, and gamefreaker will be aiming to make gains early on in the season.

Track Guide

Last Season's Result:

1. bluemosquito
2. larsgaming123
3. WarrenHague

Pre-Race Questions
1. Will you be racing?
2. What were your thoughts on the race last week?
3. Do you think that some drivers are too quick for this division?
4. Favourite for the Brazilian grand prix?
5. What are you hoping to achieve in Brazil?
6. Will Mercedes now dominate the rest of the real life F1 season?
F1 Race Statistics and Achievements
Races Entered 95 - Races Completed 64 - Points 433 - Pole Laps 9 - Wins 5 - Podiums 18 - Average Finish 7th - DNF's 31
1x F4 Drivers Runners Up - 2x F4 Constructors Runners Up - 1x F5(FP) Constructors Third Place - One Night Championship Winner

Re: [F4] Round 2: Brazilian Grand Prix (20/05/2018) 8:00pm UK Time

Reply #1
1. Yep
2. I really enjoyed it. Completely crazy.
3. Based on quali, if a few are then half the grid is
4. Josh. Bring it home for the scuderia
5. I'd love a podium, but if I could not ruin someone else's race, that'd be great too
6. Don't think so. Seemed like Spain just wasn't Ferrari's track

Reply #2
Pre-Race Questions
1. Will you be racing?
Yes

Good but with the pit stop error and my pace at the end of the race i feel a podium at least was possible

I managed to stay with the top 3 i think its just about right but we will see at the end of the season

F4 is too close to call

Podium

Nope season is going exactly as last year did Ferrari had the pace even until Brazil so its wide open

Reply #3
1. Will you be racing?

Yeah

Overall happy with my wet pace. Melbourne isnt one of my best tracks so was only looking for a top ten. I got a stupid stop go pen on the first lap for overtaking a static grumps and a silly stop go for speeding in the pit lane. Without these and allowing 3 cars to pass on the final 2 laps due to pens i had built up, 4th may have been mine which was way way more than i could have expected before the off.

Its hard to tell after just one race. Yes there are some seriously fast guys now, Irun Josh and gamefreak. But last season was no different. Lars is up there with some of the quickest, as is Hulk, grumps and Blue. I do believe we need another sunday league to accommodate new and existing drivers who aren't quite as quick.

Irun

Might get top 6 if im lucky but will settle for another top ten

All depends on Lewis' state of mind. Bottas is looking better and better imo. Which probably means Danny Ric wil go to ferrari

Reply #4
1. Will you be racing?
Yes.

Good start of the season, happy.

No, quali was extremely close, because of the wet conditions there were more differences.

4. Favourite?
Josh.

5. What are your hoping to achieve in Brazil?
Podium.

6. Will Mercedes dominate the rest of the season?
No, just bad race for fer, think we're in for a great season.
Leagues: F4    
Best R Result:  6x1st (F2 Silverstone Season 15, FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18, F4 Hungary Pre-Season Season 20, F4 Spain Season 20, F4 Silverstone Season 21)
Best Q Result : 7x1st (FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18, F4 Spain Season 20, F4 Austria Season 20, F4 Malaysia Season 20, F4 Silverstone Season 21, F4 Canada Season 21)

Reply #5
1 - Yes

2 - Disastrous start which I could do nothing about, but nevertheless another good recovery drive, which I've had to do plenty of. Encouraged by my decent pace as well.

3 - Possibly 1, but overall, it's still extremely close between the majority of the grid. Qually proved that and overall race pace between most was very closely matched.. the wet conditions and multiple people having issues in those conditions, just exagerrated the gaps a bit.

4- Gamefreaker

5 - Top 5, maybe have another race like FP on Tuesday and sneak a podium haha.

6 - No, it'll be much closer this season and I still think Ferrari have the best car. Lewis was just in 1 of those moods all weekend where he's fully focused and unbeatable. 1st time in a while we've seen that from him.

Reply #6
1. Will you be racing?
Yes

Couldn't have really gone worse after a decent qualifying, hopefully more points available here though.

I think we'll find out over the course of the season, one lap pace seems incredibly close though.

Blue won it last season and is very kind on his tyres, so I'll go for him.

A decent points haul with no incidents.

No, I think they'll still win the title but it'll be a lot closer.
Races Entered 95 - Races Completed 64 - Points 433 - Pole Laps 9 - Wins 5 - Podiums 18 - Average Finish 7th - DNF's 31
1x F4 Drivers Runners Up - 2x F4 Constructors Runners Up - 1x F5(FP) Constructors Third Place - One Night Championship Winner

Reply #7
It will be myself and Lordyboy in the commentary box on a Sunday.

Excited to commentating on so many experienced, household names of PSGL. A true honour. Hopefully the race is as good as Australia.

| F1 Stats | Races: 116 | Points: 1246 | Podiums: 81| Poles: 54 | Best finish: 1st (x41) |

Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|

Reply #8

1. Will you be racing? Should be

2. What were your thoughts on the race last week? Very tough and challenging. Happy with the result !

3. Do you think that some drivers are too quick for this division? We'll have to wait and see how the season pans out. But the skill gap seems reasonably close

4. Favourite for the Brazilian grand prix? Can't call it, but I'll say Gamefreaker as he had great pace around Melbourne!

5. What are you hoping to achieve in Brazil? Just some good points with my teammate, if possible a podium

6. Will Mercedes now dominate the rest of the real life F1 season? Idk
| PSGL F1 Stats | Seasons: 14 | Races: 171 | Points: 1410 | Podiums: 83 | Poles: 8 | Best finish: 1st (x27) |

| PSGL F1 Champion (x3) | PSGL F1 Constructors (x2) | PSGL F4 Champion (x1) |

Twitter: @IrunF1 | Youtube: IrunF1

Reply #9
2. What were your thoughts on the race last week? With the new grid I didn't expect points so 8th is very pleasing
3. Do you think that some drivers are too quick for this division? I'm in two camps obviously the three at front are quick but we lost two front runners in Chicken and Lars so overall I dont think its too bad
4. Favourite for the Brazilian grand prix? Gamefreaker
5. What are you hoping to achieve in Brazil? Points again would be nice but I'm not expecting anything
6. Will Mercedes now dominate the rest of the real life F1 season? No Ferrari are still on top this season so far

Reply #10

2. What were your thoughts on the race last week? good race, good fun

3. Do you think that some drivers are too quick for this division? no because in both pre season and the first race qualy was ridiculously tight, last week the wet changable conditions only emphasised any small gaps in ability. Plus the quickest driver on the grid doesn't have the experience of others.

Irun, there's few corners here.

Double points finish for Ferrari

6. Will Mercedes now dominate the rest of the real life F1 season? hope not
Pole Laps 22 | Wins 18 | Podiums 58
Highest Race Of Champions Finish - 3rd | Constructors Winner x1
Drivers Runner up x4 | Overtake of the week winner x3 | Fifa 17 Season 1 Premiership Winner

Reply #11
1. Will you be racing?
Yeah
Roughly as expected, early incidents then a recovery drive.
Nah I think it's ok. Someone has to be the quickest!
Really don't know, it's totally unpredictable
A podium would be a successful result
Yeah probably.

Reply #12
Qualifying: 11th
I wasn't expecting torrential rain and it showed, I was massively off the pace.

Race: 8th
Was perhaps overly cautious at the beginning but it ensured I kept my front wing at least, made up a couple of positions due to cars crashing and then I was chasing down DaveJaVu who was on softs, whilst I started on mediums. I couldn't get within DRS range of him unfortunately and DougieDood overtook me when my tyres started to go off, I jumped him in the pits and started to chase down Dave again. I got well within a second of him but unfortunately the slipstream glitch cam into effect and I couldn't make a move unless I wanted to risk crashing. I then spun on the kerb coming out of the last corner which dropped me behind Gamefreaker and (eventually) Dougie as well, managed to keep Betrayer behind me just about though.

Reply #13
Q : 14th
My brother was downloading a film using the internet cable so disconnected 3 times and had eventually 1 run so was only p14.

R : 6th
Tried to do the 2 stop to avoid being in traffic, finished 6th, had some great battles but still disappointed that my quali ruined my race, could be so much better.

But hey, that's F1, these things happen and with a bad race of Irun and Josh we're all in the title fight again  :)
Leagues: F4    
Best R Result:  6x1st (F2 Silverstone Season 15, FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18, F4 Hungary Pre-Season Season 20, F4 Spain Season 20, F4 Silverstone Season 21)
Best Q Result : 7x1st (FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18, F4 Spain Season 20, F4 Austria Season 20, F4 Malaysia Season 20, F4 Silverstone Season 21, F4 Canada Season 21)

Reply #14
Q: 3rd. Tricky wet conditions and higher than I would have been in the dry.

R: 3rd.

Steady start, tucked up behind the 2 Saubers. Irun squeezed past mrgrumpy and I just had to follow as soon as possible since grumps was on the medium tyres.

After that Irun and I pulled a bit of a gap. I was able to hang onto him but passing would be a challenge. So I started to contemplate which lap to stop for the undercut. Lap 14 it was in the end, which worked a treat putting me into the lead with a 2 second gap.

The race came alive again when Josh ended up on our tails. This was good for my lead as Irun was occupied with defending. But then Josh did get into 2nd, and I didn't have much answer for his straight line speed.

I was still on for the win though due to pens. But then with about 5 corners to go, disaster stuck, puncture! Just had to drag it home and ended up in 3rd.

I said earlier that a podium would be a success but with the win being so close it's still a bit disappointing. But very well done to Irun and Josh, other chances will come :)

Reply #15
Qualified 2nd, Finished 1st

A very tough qualifying, but the experience of me and grumps we managed to lock out an all Sauber front row! I had a great battle with grumps on the opening lap, as he was on the mediums. Managed to overtake him for the lead, however with bluemosquito just behind, I managed to keep a constant gap to him around 1 second until the pitstop phase.

Blue pitted slightly earlier to undercut me, and I had to bite the bullet and stay out longer as I wasn't confident of making the tyres last. Had a good little battle with blue in the closing stint and he defended really well. Dodgy collision with Josh, and looked set to pick up 3rd, but happy to recover and somehow pick up the win on that eventful final lap!

Commiserations for blue as I thought he deserved to win that race, and unfortunate for Josh with his penalties and coming from so far back down the grid. He had great pace all race! Happy to see my teammate manage to pick up 4th, wasn't too far off a podium in the end! Looking forward to the next race at Bahrain :)
| PSGL F1 Stats | Seasons: 14 | Races: 171 | Points: 1410 | Podiums: 83 | Poles: 8 | Best finish: 1st (x27) |

| PSGL F1 Champion (x3) | PSGL F1 Constructors (x2) | PSGL F4 Champion (x1) |

Twitter: @IrunF1 | Youtube: IrunF1