Skip to main content
Topic: [F1] Season 20 - Round 3: Bahrain (21/05/18) (Read 176 times) previous topic - next topic

[F1] Season 20 - Round 3: Bahrain (21/05/18)

Round 3: Bahrain

We arrive here to the deserts of Bahrain, after a dominant win at a slightly drenched Brazil, Ash secures a 2nd win and a 7th in a row as he aims to secure an 8th. Many drivers received 5 seconds stop-go penalties which resulted in a shift of positions at the end of the race, CC and Louis managed to secure a podium in an aim to stop Ash from driving off into the distance. The gap to the leader of Ash in the drivers is now 14 points, with the Williams of Greeny and CC 2nd in the constructors 7 points behind the McLarens'.

The teams will fly over to the middle east for the first middle east race every hosted in F1. The 15 cornered track, which has provided us with some entertaining races, will host 29 laps around this 5.412km circuit with the best of the best drivers on the site. Its inaugural race saw Michael Schumacher win for Ferrari and start a run for the most successful team here at Sakhir, for its 10 year anniversary in 2014, the race was converted, to celebrate its anniversary, into a night race, which witnessed a thrilling battle between Hamilton and Rosberg, due to the success, it has stayed as a night race. To imitate the real world, we are changing the timing of the race to a FULL midnight race, so drivers be prepared, a colder track, but better tyre wear will await you on the deserts of Bahrain!

GamingAlimonda is back again for commentary, he is teamed by 3-time experienced champion Irun in the commentary box to witness a spectacular race in the desert!

Lobby Settings

Host: Ash
Time: 8pm
Qualifying: Short
Damage: Full
Weather: Dynamic
Parc Ferme: On
Safety Car: Off
Formation Lap: Off
AI Difficulty: 90
All assists allowed EXCEPT braking assist and both pit assists.

Questions
1.) With the weather being set to midnight, do you think it will be easier to 1-stop?
2.) What is, in your opinion, the most crucial skill a race driver needs (virtually and in real life)?
3.) Are you planning on participating in the beta? If so/not, what are your reasonings for it?
4.) What do you think is the best skill you have? E.g. overtaking, defending etc.
5.) On any track, what corner do you dislike the most?

Re: [F1] Season 20 - Round 3: Bahrain (21/05/18)

Reply #1
1.) With the weather being set to midnight, do you think it will be easier to 1-stop?
Yes definitely, don’t think we will see many 2 stoppers

2.) What is, in your opinion, the most crucial skill a race driver needs (virtually and in real life)?
Consistency, both across a season and also across a race distance

3.) Are you planning on participating in the beta? If so/not, what are your reasonings for it?
Yes as I now have a load of free time after finishing uni and don’t want to spend it all sleeping

4.) What do you think is the best skill you have? E.g. overtaking, defending etc.
Silky smooth driving style and I believe I’m a good defender

China T1, makes me question what goes on in Tilke’s head 😂
F1 Driver

F1 Stats: | Races: 24 | Wins: 7 | Podiums: 11 | Pole Positions: 7 | Fastest Laps: 5 | Points: 200 |
| F1 2017 F3 Season 2 Drivers Champion | F1 2017 ROC 3rd Place |

FP Stats: | Races: 5 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 1 | Pole Positions: 0 | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: 28 |

GT Sport Stats: | Races: 2 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 0 | Pole Positions: 0 | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: 20 |

Reply #2
I don’t even know if that makes a difference😂
Consistency
Yeah I’m planning and hoping for the safety car to be fixed which will make the races a lot more exciting
Driving in the wet
Brazil T1/2

Reply #3
I would have thought so, but I've not tested it.

Patience. Patience gives you consistency. It's also about knowing when to be aggressive and when not to be.

I hope so, I want to try and help make the game as good as it can be online so that we can all have fun. Currently the slipstream glitch and the SC being absent is making the racing a bit more dull than 2016 was. The only thing that spices up races now is like what we saw in Brazil with changing weather.

I think consistency is my strongest asset. I've never been the absolute fastest but I've often outscored the fast but inconsistent drivers. I'd like to win a race now and again for sure, but I also value the season result over an individual result. Most guys here are good enough to win a race in the right circumstances but it's different altogether to perform over a whole season. 

China T1/2/3 - Horrible section. The whole track is terrible to be frank though.
F3/2/A Stats | Races: 54 | Wins: 8 | Podiums: 17 | Poles: 9 | Points: 377 | Best WDC finish: 2nd (F3 S17&18) | Best WCC finish: 1st (x3) |
F1 Stats | Races: 17 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 1 | Poles: 0 | Points: 82 | Best WDC finish: 5th | Best WCC finish: 6th |
FP Drivers Champion Season 18 | F3 Constructors Champions Season 16, 17, & 18 | FP Constructors Champions Season 18

Reply #4
Cooler temperatures will help but tyre management will still be important. Battle too hard and you slip into the grip of the 2-stop whether you like it or not due to the abrasive nature of the track.

A calm mindset. Have that and you will more often than not make all the correct decisions during sessions which in turn will lead to good results.

Yes if I am selected. I'm curious really.

Race craft. That's always been strong, my awareness is really good on track. Don't think I'm spectacular in any other area to be honest.

5.) On any track, what corner do you dislike the most
Turn 9 at Malaysia. Such an awkward uphill corner that isn't pleasant even if you do it right.

[PSGL Career] Seasons: 5 Starts: 60 Poles: 1 Wins: 3 Podiums: 10 DNFs: 6 Fastest Laps: 5 Points: 326
2x Constructors Champion (1x F3 1x F4)

Reply #5
1.  no difference

2. Being calm under pressure

3. Not just gonna take a break till new game is out

4. Consistency

5. Not sure

Reply #6
After witnessing practice, nope.

Trust, if you have trust with other drivers not only will you be able to battle, but battle knowing you won't get taken out or get any damage. Patience is another key one, knowing when you can make a move and having the urge to resist doing something. Consistency to keep being quick lap after lap and being calm to make rational and effective decisions.

Yes as I not only want to make the game playable online and perfect the handling but to also learn no assists and how to be quick with it.

My pace and consistency, my strong point here, race strategy is also one with me being able to know what my options are.

China t1/2/3, for the awful understeer you get, Spain last chicane because of the bumps, Hungary fast left due to the easiness to cut and Singapore in general.

Reply #7
Q 8 happy with lap

R 8 held my position and really enjoyed the race slight wing damage not very costly overall happy with how the race went

Reply #8
Q: 6th Was kinda happy with the lap but boy was that a tight grid for quali.

R: 1st
Had a decent start but for some reason all the squabbling was happening on the outside line which meant i could quietly get past AMS and Big C by taking the no drama inside line into T1. After the first lap I saw Big C falling back so I decided to just  save fuel and tires until lap 7 or 8. Crucially got ahead of Jack on my in-lap and then went for the undercut. It was all going according to plan until I came up behind qpr. Lost all the advantage I had built through the undercut and had to defend for the final 10 laps or so like crazy. Easily the most hard-fought win of my career. Good to be back on the top step, hopefully i'll get some consistency to go with that for the rest of the season.

Highlights below (for some reason it didnt record the first few seconds of the start)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH_dOWR7ysU

F1 2015 - Wins: 3
F1 2016 - Wins: 14

Reply #9
Q: 3rd, R: 4th

A strong quali lap, pole was in there but didn't quite nail the middle sector or final corner. A strong position.

Start was reasonable, Jack got a better one but had to brake early so Oogie got ahead. Likkle smashed into the back of me as he braked too late, so a shame for him.

Struggled for pace in the first few laps so dropped out of DRS of Oogie, frame rate didn't help nor did some of the bs in the party chat. Went for the undercut like Oogie but got held by AMS for two seconds so it meant I couldn't undercut Jack and Ash as I would have.

Pace was OK but struggled for traction compared to CC, who got close. Louis and Blizard got through but I wasn't fussed as expected, they got damage.

After Louis tried killing me and Jack, I had to be aggressive and ultimately got the move done for fourth, so a decent result in the circumstances.

Well done to Oogie on his first win in a while and Jack on another podium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJi_2U-2P8Q&f

| F1 Stats | Races: 116 | Points: 1246 | Podiums: 81| Poles: 54 | Best finish: 1st (x41) |

Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|