Skip to main content
Topic: [F5] Round 2: Brazilian GP 19/05/18 (Read 246 times) previous topic - next topic

[F5] Round 2: Brazilian GP 19/05/18

The first race of the season was despite the many casualties round the streets of Albert Park proved to be an exciting one & potentially could see one of the closest grids wev'e seen in F5. TomAJ91 didn't let the bookmakers down as the Championship favourite took first blood & there was a very close finish from P2 - P5. Only 9 drivers completed the race as drivers like Steverav1, batfink1977 & JPGREENWOOD will be grateful they've managed to pick up some valuable points.

Unusually we head to Brazil for round two of the Championship which has been the scene for many title deciders over the years & is one of the shortest tracks on the calendar which might provide even closer racing between the F5 drivers & the weather could play it's part in proceedings. TomAJ91 will be looking to lay down another marker & the drivers who DNF in Melbourne will be looking to bounce back, Whatever happens it should be an exciting race so tune into Likkle Blocks gaming on Saturday night 8pm.

1. How do you feel about your result in the last race?
2. Do you think  F5 can be improved & how?
3. What improvements would you like to see in the next game?
4. Who was your driver of the day in Australia?
5. Would you ever consider JP as a team mate?  ;)

Re: F5 Round two Brazil

Reply #1
1. How do you feel about your result in the last race? I didn’t race because I wasn’t at home at the time of the race.
2. Do you think  F5 can be improved & how? It could definitely be improved by adding an age limit to stop all these little kids joining because all they do is cause arguments because they aren’t mature enough to realise arguing isn’t the way to solve things. In my opinion nobody under the age of 16 should be allowed to join PSGL.
3. What improvements would you like to see in the next game? A far more stable multiplayer mode. The amount of glitches there has been online on this game is f***ing ridiculous. Also some sort of system to ban dirty drivers from racing online because it’s really annoying getting taken out intentionally and it happens a lot.
4. Who was your driver of the day in Australia? I don’t know.
5. Would you ever consider JP as a team mate? Yes because it would be nice having a teammate I know I could definitely beat every week 😏

Reply #2
1. How do you feel about your result in the last race? I didn’t race because I wasn’t at home at the time of the race.
2. Do you think  F5 can be improved & how? It could definitely be improved by adding an age limit to stop all these little kids joining because all they do is cause arguments because they aren’t mature enough to realise arguing isn’t the way to solve things. In my opinion nobody under the age of 16 should be allowed to join PSGL.
3. What improvements would you like to see in the next game? A far more stable multiplayer mode. The amount of glitches there has been online on this game is f***ing ridiculous. Also some sort of system to ban dirty drivers from racing online because it’s really annoying getting taken out intentionally and it happens a lot.
5. Would you ever consider JP as a team mate? Yes because it would be nice having a teammate I know I could definitely beat every week 😏
If we set an age limit half the members would be forced to leave (me included), and as proven teens and children can race cleanly so if it's already proven that it's possible, why add an age limit? Also keep in mind this is F5, not everyone here are pros, some are rookies who are looking to learn, and some are members who just want to have fun. Hopefully you understand what I mean.

Thanks and have a nice week!

Reply #3
If we set an age limit half the members would be forced to leave (me included), and as proven teens and children can race cleanly so if it's already proven that it's possible, why add an age limit? Also keep in mind this is F5, not everyone here are pros, some are rookies who are looking to learn, and some are members who just want to have fun. Hopefully you understand what I mean.

Thanks and have a nice week!
Whilst the age limit in and of itself is a somewhat draconian solution, the problem is not only whether younger members can race cleanly. It's more to do with whether they can act in a mature manner both on and off the track, with the off the track issues arguably being the most prominent at the moment. It's not something that should be dismissed offhand, and in my opinion we should look into ways of dealing with it to promote the community spirit that PSGL has always looked to achieve, whilst also keeping the site open for everyone.
F1 Race Statistics and Achievements
Races Completed 54- Points 360 - Pole Laps 9 - Wins 5 - Podiums 15 - Average Finish 5th
1x F4 Drivers Runners Up - 2x F4 Constructors Runners Up - 1x F5(FP) Constructors Third Place - One Night Championship Winner

Reply #4

I'd never encourage anyone to leave PSGL, However if you feel so strongly about this maybe PSGL is not for you?

Re: [F5] Round 2: Brazilian GP 19/05/18

Reply #5
It’s a valid thing to raise, and something a few of us had been discussing in the run up to the new season. Whilst age does play a part, the vast majority of younger members are fine. We have members who joined at 12/13 and are still with us. People naturally mature (hopefully). So a ban is not realistic.

However, people do have to cut out the BS. People don’t want to be in chats where there is constant childish backbiting, or the consistent targeting of people with petty comments which build up and grind people down. We will try and do something to combat this, which is what we have been discussing as I mention.

But, ultimately, is someone is always an idiot they are likely always an idiot, whether they are 13, 23 or 33. 

Reply #6
Holy crap, it was intense. I had great pace on the SS but no where on the S which Lewis chipping bits out my lead every lap, a time penalty would of lost me the lead.

2. Do you think  F5 can be improved & how?
I think a bit more interactivity on the forum, more updates and stuff to get the league involved - this isnt a critique but genuine feed back

Hmmm, multiplayer fixed and stable.

Gotta be Lewis keeping me honest, especially in the second stint.

5. Would you ever consider JP as a team mate?  
He's the boss, of course.

Reply #7
How do you feel about you result the last race?
It was crazy, Tom had so much pace and I couldn’t catch him fast enough. However the second stint was my quickest time in the race.
Do you think F5 could be improved and how?
The league is doing very well at the moment maybe do more updates to keep us all aware of what is going on.

What improvements would you like to see in the next game?
Defiantly not glitchmasters
Who was your driver of the day in Australia?
100% Tom as he had great pace and managed to keep the pace when I was catching him.
Would you ever consider JP as a teammate?
Definatly would seems like a nice guy.

Reply #8
1. Was Happy with Race result hopefully better in brazil :)

2.Just glad i was accepted.

3.Bugs.

4.Me because i finished,no i go with who won race.

5.Yep 2 make a team.

Reply #9
Lost connection so not great  :P

2. Do you think F5 can be improved & how?
Not been around long enough to know really

Less glitchy multiplayer, driver changes in career mode and a upgrade system that mixes the order of the teams up more.

Tom

5. Would you ever consider JP as a team mate?
No definitely not  ;)

PSGL FIFA Leagues Director/Admin - PSGL FIFA Championship Season 2 Champion - PSGL Thursday Assisted League Constructors Champion - PSGL F5 (Season Three on F1 2015) Drivers Champion - PSGL F5 (Season One and Three on F1 2015) Constructors Champion

Reply #10
1 my result was awful i went the wrong way with set up dnfs don't win races
2 f5 could be improved with a bit more interaction and maybe some twitter as psgl does it for other leagues
3 more interesting career mode
4 tom
5 id love to be your team mate

Reply #11

How do you feel about you result the last race?
I’m happy with it because Australia isn’t my strongest track hoping for better around Brazil
Do you think F5 could be improved and how?
The league is doing very Good at the moment in time and I think it can progress

What improvements would you like to see in the next game?
I want there to not be a safety car glitch and no glitches at all in a way but it’s glitchmasters so u know
Who was your driver of the day in Australia?
Tom he was rapid that day and I bet he’s looking strong in Brazil
Would you ever consider JP as a teammate?
Definatly he seems a nice guy and genuinely is a nice guy

Reply #12
Qual - 14th

Not a brilliant first run & I messed up my second so it is what it is.

Race - DNF

Had a reasonable start but I had to slow down to avoid a spinning car in front of me which allowed my team mate to get past. I missed my breaking point going down to T4 & collided with my team mate. I tried to rectify my mistake by letting him back through but it turns out that did more harm than good as he had wing damage & eventually retiring. I carried on for the next few laps I carried on & pace felt good but I heard my phone vibrating so Iooked down & next thing I know I'm in a wall minus a front wheel

Roll on Bahrain

Reply #13
Quali P4
 I had ok first run but made a big mistake in turn 2 but on my second run I cut the corner at turn 2 and invalidated my lap and I think I could’ve got onto the front row or even pole

Race P1
I was very cautious into turn 1 and 2 meaning I lost a place. On the next few laps the cars ahead either crashed or lagged out putting me in the lead. I had Jamie behind be but I was pulling away a few tenths a lap. On lap 10 I pitted and came out in p5 just behind JuhoFinn on old tyres. Then in the next lap Jamie pitted and I got past Juho with a risky move :/ putting me in p3. When Tom and awesome pitted I got back into the lead but realised Tom was doing a 1 stop so ide have to overtake him. On lap 21 I pitted for softs to go to the end and I was about 6 seconds behind Tom. I caught him very quickly and on lap 34 out of 36 I went for the move into turn 1 round the outside and then we were side by side into turn 2 and he cut across me and spun me. I dropped about 5 seconds back but meanwhile my team mate and toms team mate who were backmarkers overtook him, slowing him down massively. On the final lap I was right behind him again and I didn’t know he had a time penalty so I just launched one up the inside in the third to last corner from so far back but he was to far away. He crossed the line ahead of me by about 8 tenths but he had a time penalty so I got the victory.

Btw I better get and a* for this essay

Reply #14
Q - P2.
I wasnt the fastest today, probably 3rd fastest actually so a bit dissapointed.

R -P2.
Again, I had a really lack of pace and the rear of the car was unstable which caused a spin and probably the race victory, not that I deserved it as others were faster.

Its a shame Brandon thinks I spun him, if you watch the stream youll see I took the same line through the entire corner and as the drive infront it was my line to take, hopefully you'll see i didnt close the door.

Backmarkers were a serious issue this race, when I'm doing a one stop with tyres with 80% wear and being chased down I dont want to have to play defensive against cars that arent fighting me for position.

Just my two cents, was a fun race regardless.

Reply #15
qualified p 11
went for the long game and set the car up to bw good on tyre wear after my austrailian disaster

race p8

what a race t1 i had to avoid to guys who touched went through the run off at the senna s then was re catching the pack into the infield section when the force indias decided to act like the real force india and hit each other i was hit and was 40 seconds behind the pack i recovered and then let the leaders through 3 laps from the end only for tom to slow to i imagine help he's team mate through so i dive bombed him as he was holding me up he doesn't like it but its racing