Skip to main content
Topic: [F1] Season 20 - Round 2: Brazil (14/05/18) (Read 279 times) previous topic - next topic

[F1] Season 20 - Round 2: Brazil (14/05/18)

Round 2: Brazil

Usually raced at the end of the season, we head over to Brazil, where the PSGL F1 grid will lay down the rubber for the second round of this season. Melbourne was one to forget, with lapped cars disrupting the race for the leader, more damage was done with one lapped car sending the leader into a spin, where he ended his race in fifth. After an investigation into the race, two drivers (of which I will not name) have been removed from the league, with the results being taken from the end of the penultimate lap awarding Ash a win, with Oogie in second and Jack in third for the podium.

Brazil has hosted some really exciting races in the past, due to its nature, rain is always a threat, this will enforce drivers to do plenty of dry and wet practice to ensure that they are prepared. We will be seing the Supersofts, softs and mediums to be used around this 4.309km long race circuit, with 15 corners per lap for 36 laps for the drivers to endure. The circuit is the second fastest in terms of lap time on the calendar, with times ranging from 1.08s to 1.09s in quali, those who do not qualify or start outside the top 10 will have a severe advantage due to the fact that this track is very harsh on the tires; it will be a mix of one and two stops which should throw up some unusual battles. The most popular overtaking spots will be in; turn 1, where you may get a run on the car in front and passs them through slipstream/DRS and turn 4 which presents a similair situation. Although these are the most popular, some choose to risk it and moves may be seen at turn 6, 8, 10 but some daredevils may try it in turn 12 too! You are never safe on this track, so keep checking your mirrors in order to retain position.

GamingAlimonda will be unfortunately absent for this race, but three time expeeeeerienced champion Irun will be streaming this magnificent race, join him at 8pm Monday for the second round of PSGL F1!

Lobby Settings

Host: Ash
Time: 8pm
Qualifying: Short
Damage: Full
Weather: Dynamic
Parc Ferme: On
Safety Car: Off
Formation Lap: Off
AI Difficulty: 90
All assists allowed EXCEPT braking assist and both pit assists.

Questions
1.) What did you think of last weeks' race as a whole?
2.) Who will finish in the top 3 for Spain?
3.) What are your opinions on the new 2019 front wing re-design?
4.) Will BigC and Cliffy, after a poor start to the season, be able to challenge for the title?
5.) What is your most memorable moment of your career so far?

Re: [F1] Season 20 - Round 2: Brazil (14/05/18)

Reply #1
1. An embarrassment to PSGL.

2. Hamilton, Vettel, Bottas

3. Good news.

4. No and no.  No one will be challenging for the title... Ash is too good.

5. Winning my first title in S9 and winning the S15 title to become the most successful driver on PSGL ever. Outside of PSGL, qualifying for the 2017 eSports of course.

| F1 Stats | Races: 116 | Points: 1246 | Podiums: 81| Poles: 54 | Best finish: 1st (x41) |

Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|

Reply #2
I think it’ll bring a bad light on psgl
Vettel Kimi  verstappen
Good idea makes it to see who’s the better driver
4.) Will BigC and Cliffy, after a poor start to the season, be able to challenge for the title?
We will see
My first win in Singapore in f2

Reply #3
1.) What did you think of last weeks' race as a whole? The shenanigans with the two muppets was obviously disgusting, but apart from that, the driving standards and racing seem to have improved slightly... good job guys! Let's move on from this incident and not look back.
2.) Who will finish in the top 3 for Spain? Difficult to call, but I think Merc will be stronger here, especially with the harder compounds, so Hamilton, Bottas, Vettel.
3.) What are your opinions on the new 2019 front wing re-design? Who knows how it's going to work, clearly Brawn and his boys have done their research. Hopefully it improves racing anyway. The changes don't seem to be radical though, so I'm apprehensive whether it'll actually make a significant difference...
4.) Will BigC and Cliffy, after a poor start to the season, be able to challenge for the title? Nope. No one has any chance I'm afraid. Will anyone else even be able to win a race? - maybe not!
5.) What is your most memorable moment of your career so far? Abu Dhabi S18 was certainly memorable, but for all the wrong reasons  :o  :'(  In all seriousness, probably Russia S18 - my first win in this league, and the catalyst to an ultimately failed title challenge.
F1 League Stats:
Seasons Participated in: 3 (S15, S16, S18) Starts: 27 Wins: 2 Podiums: 8 Poles: 0 Points: 136 DNFs: 5 SEASON 18 CONSTRUCTORS CHAMPION - BigC_019 and qprbeasts987 - Toro Rosso - 166 points

Reply #4
1. An absolute disgrace what happened to ash from my end got what i expected from australia 0 points

2. Vettle , Hamilton , Bottas

3. Great in theory hopefully it improves the racing

4. No ash is unstoppable

5. Winning race of champions on f1 2016

Reply #5
The actions at the front were an absolute disgrace. But from my own view, it was alright. I'd classify Australia as one of my weaker tracks so 6th was good.

Vettel, Hamilton, Bottas

If it helps racing, then you cant complain. Although we haven't seen how the racing is over the course of 2018 yet so its hard to say if it definitely needed to happen.

Honestly, I think BigC is a great driver but even he isn't quick enough to get close to Ash. Can Cliffy? Probably not no, but we will see. Cliffy was in the title hunt for a reason last season. 

In the whole of PSGL it has to be one of two things: Either my first ever win in F3 at Belgium in mixed conditions, or my FP title win - FP is considered a more "fun" league but it was a genuinely great season and I really enjoyed it so to finish it by winning the title was great.

In F1 terms, the podium in my first race, couldn't have gone much better!
F3/2/A Stats | Races: 54 | Wins: 8 | Podiums: 17 | Poles: 9 | Points: 377 | Best WDC finish: 2nd (F3 S17&18) | Best WCC finish: 1st (x3) |
F1 Stats | Races: 17 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 1 | Poles: 0 | Points: 82 | Best WDC finish: 5th | Best WCC finish: 6th |
FP Drivers Champion Season 18 | F3 Constructors Champions Season 16, 17, & 18 | FP Constructors Champions Season 18

Reply #6
Wasn’t great and then the Ash incident made it worse

Bottas, Kimi, Ricky Bobby

I don’t know how necessary it is, especially when it’s been rushed into. Hopefully the racing will be closer though

Possibly, we will have to find out. Depends what happens to the Aliens in this division

Winning the Australia race where Friso bottled it
F1 Driver

F1 Stats: | Races: 24 | Wins: 7 | Podiums: 11 | Pole Positions: 7 | Fastest Laps: 5 | Points: 200 |
| F1 2017 F3 Season 2 Drivers Champion | F1 2017 ROC 3rd Place |

FP Stats: | Races: 5 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 1 | Pole Positions: 0 | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: 28 |

GT Sport Stats: | Races: 2 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 0 | Pole Positions: 0 | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: 20 |

Reply #7
1. To say it's one of my weaker tracks and given my disastrous starts to recent seasons, P4 was great. Could have been second but fourth is still good. Nothing needs to be added on the Haas antics.

2. Verstappen, Vettel, Kimi

3. Scrapping at the wrong concept. Won't change much, hopefully I'm wrong.

4. Hmmmm, No

5.Belgium S18, holding Jack's hand to a title, many memorable moments

Reply #8
1. Shite
2. Kimi, Seb, Garry Glitter
3. Dunno, we will see what happens
4. Fuck knows
5. Winnng the title and watching Luke Green murder TUSMUSZ

F1 Stats - Races: 56 - Podiums: 17 - Poles: 5 - Wins: 2
x1 F1 Champion
Leave me alone, I know what im doing

Reply #9
Shocking, can't believe the sort of driving that was presented there. Thankfully they have been removed from the league so it's a new beginning now.

Disappointed really as an F1 fan and Vettel fan. Ferrari had a monkey strategy crew as always and once Mercedes complained about the tyres being too hard last year Pirelli stepped it down a compound, really hoping it's not another Merc domination season.

Hopefully, it brings more overtaking but still fast cars.

Hoping they will, I do want a title challenge though so I want someone to step up.

Winning the F1 title, the greatest moment of my career, my F3 title very memorable too, but being an F1 champion really makes me happy that I've achieved my goal of coming through F6 to winning F1, truly amazing. Next up is winning without assists and winning esports, once that is done alongside winning AOR, I'm doing an Alonso and I will balance F1 and endurance racing.

Reply #11
AMENDED RESULT AFTER STOP GOS

1. ASH
2. CC
3. LOUISW
4. GREENY
5. QPRBEASTS
6. PAUDIE
7. AMS
8. WOCKO
9. MAXI
10. BIGC
11. HELLBOY
12. LORDY
13. BLIZARD

| F1 Stats | Races: 116 | Points: 1246 | Podiums: 81| Poles: 54 | Best finish: 1st (x41) |

Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|

Reply #12
Q 12 happy with lap overall

R 6 start wasnt great but was able to recover some good points so overall very happy

Reply #13
Q- P2: Pretty much matches what I did in practice, only a tenth or two in there. Shame Ash is the GOAT.

R- P4: Disappointment in a way. Went aggressive and went for the two stop and it was going to work as Jeff said the rain would come with a lap to go. Just as I was about to overtake both Louis for P3 it began raining and eventually I finished p4. P3 was at least a possibility but some good moves and strong pace again.

Reply #14
No practice so was a tough race, quali lap was decent. Should have been at least P6 in the race maybe higher but wrong strategy and a few plebs  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZWgX4lvjvY

Reply #15
Q: 11th,  Got one of those "this and next lap invalidated" things on my outlap, didn't manage to get a good lap together after that. Easily another 3 or 4 tenths left on the table.

R: 7th, Didn't gain any places at the start, had a few battles up until my stop on lap 16 but nothing much happened. The pack was in a DRS train so passing was quite difficult unless you were overly aggressive. I think I went too long on the softs though and that extra lap or two put me out behind Hellboy who I got stuck behind for a good 10 laps, and when I did finally go to pass he made a slight movement to the left I think (but I'm not really sure, might have been slight lag) and it chipped off something on my wing which basically meant the rest of the race was a defensive job.

Came in on lap 30 for inters and continued to defend from Hellboy, managed to break my wing even more on lap 34 on the back of Wocko who appeared to be struggling at T1, nothing I could do about it. This made the last two laps so slow, but overtaking is virtually impossible in the wet so I managed to defend from Hellboy all the way up until the last lap after the fast right hander when he made a bit of a dive bomb move to barge past me but I got it back on penalties.
F3/2/A Stats | Races: 54 | Wins: 8 | Podiums: 17 | Poles: 9 | Points: 377 | Best WDC finish: 2nd (F3 S17&18) | Best WCC finish: 1st (x3) |
F1 Stats | Races: 17 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 1 | Poles: 0 | Points: 82 | Best WDC finish: 5th | Best WCC finish: 6th |
FP Drivers Champion Season 18 | F3 Constructors Champions Season 16, 17, & 18 | FP Constructors Champions Season 18