Skip to main content
Topic: [FP] Round 13 - Malaysia (Read 233 times) previous topic - next topic

[FP] Round 13 - Malaysia

Round 13 -  The Malaysian Grand Prix

With only one round to go, AMS secured victory for Haas to put himself 2 points clear of Joelianomanu in the hunt for the title. Oogie_azeem kept his hopes alive by securing an excellent 2nd place for Toro Rosso, finishing just 1.4 seconds off the lead after a close battle all race long. JackLacey took his second podium in a row, keeping his own bid very much alive with Joelianomanu bringing it home in 4th.

And so we come to the final round of the Formula Performance championship. For the final time in what is likely to be a long while, we head to Malaysia to play out a four way title battle. Malaysia is known for its highly difficult to predict weather conditions, so we could be in for a real treat if the heavens open. How the contenders handle any difficult conditions should be fascinating, with so much at stake the risk/reward is huge. Who will prevail, will AMS claim a second FP crown? Can the experienced Joelianomanu secure his first PSGL title, having been in the works for 7 years? Will JackLacey pull of a Sebastian Vettel esque victory from 2010 and come through to win despite starting the day as 3rd favourite? Or will Oogie_azeem pull off one of the greatest comebacks and pip them all?

Find out with Irun at 8pm on Tuesday, for the final time on F1 2017...

Lobby Settings

Host: MrGrumpy
Time: 8pm
Qualifying: Short
Damage: Full
Weather: Dynamic
Parc Ferme: On
Safety Car: Off
Formation Lap: Off
AI Difficulty: 90
All assists allowed EXCEPT braking assist and both pit assists.

Questions

1.) Are you happy with how your season has gone?
2.) For a few of us this will be the last competitive race at Malaysia, how sad are you to see it go?
3.) Your pick for the drivers title?
4.) Who will win the constructors?
5.) What can the Admins do to improve FP going forward?

F3/2/A Stats | Races: 54 | Wins: 8 | Podiums: 17 | Poles: 9 | Points: 377 | Best WDC finish: 2nd (F3 S17&18) | Best WCC finish: 1st (x3) |
F1 Stats | Races: 33 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 3 | Poles: 1 | Points: 145 | Best WDC finish: 4th | Best WCC finish: 1st |
FP Drivers Champion Season 18 | F1 Constructors Champions Season 20 | F3 Constructors Champions Season 16, 17, & 18 |

Re: [FP] Round 13 - Malaysia

Reply #1
1. not taken it seriously so yeah
2. yeah, great track, mixed memories, a shame.
3. my main man, jack
4. oogie and ash
5. good job overall. I didn't like how Hague for example was punished harshly for so many weeks with car allocations which would be appropriate for a top 6/8 f1 driver for doing well in the Ferrari. You get punished for doing well but rewarded for not turning up. A greater focus on their actual speed rather than fixing it so the championship is close and if you get a good/better car and don't deliver tough. If Hague had Grumpy's cars all season he'd be champion probably when really they're closely matched on pure performance, so a balance needs to be made. Louis in the Red Bull, me in the Williams at Suzuka - doesn't sit right.

| F1 Stats | Races: 116 | Points: 1246 | Podiums: 81| Poles: 54 | Best finish: 1st (x41) |

Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|

Reply #2
1. Despite scoring more points than I did last season I'd say it's still a poor season
2. Very
3. AMS
4. Not really taken any interest
5. They've done ok imo, FP is probably the toughest league to admin

Reply #3
1. My Sauber and McLaren drives were horrible.

2. Was a good race track, although I didn't raced that much in Malaysia. Can remember the F1 race in Malaysia where Ash won from starting at the back thanks to the weather.

3. AMS will take it.

4. No idea.

5. Not that much, with good allocations the FP title goes always down to the wire.
But I'm afraid the Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull are a bit op in 2018 so it will be extra difficult.
Leagues: F4    
Best R Result:  6x1st (F2 Silverstone Season 15, FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18, F4 Spain Season 20, F4 Silverstone Season 21, F4 France Season 21)
Best Q Result : 9x1st (FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18, F4 Spain Season 20, F4 Austria Season 20, F4 Malaysia Season 20, F4 Silverstone Season 21, F4 Canada Season 21, F4 France Season 21, F4 Germany Season 21)

Reply #4
1.) Are you happy with how your season has gone? Very happy. First full season as a commentator for a league

2.) For a few of us this will be the last competitive race at Malaysia, how sad are you to see it go? so so sad

3.) Your pick for the drivers title? AMS

4.) Who will win the constructors? Olden Goldies

5.) What can the Admins do to improve FP going forward? Car selection choices with more notice. Race threads to be posted earlier in the week.

FP is a really popular league on the site for drivers, admins are doing a really good job so far :)
| PSGL F1 Stats | Seasons: 14 | Races: 171 | Points: 1410 | Podiums: 83 | Poles: 8 | Best finish: 1st (x27) |

| PSGL F1 Champion (x3) | PSGL F1 Constructors (x2) | PSGL F4 Champion (x1) |

Twitter: @IrunF1 | Youtube: IrunF1

Reply #5
It's been a little up and down. It's bun fun but could do with more consistency next season!

2.) For a few of us this will be the last competitive race at Malaysia, how sad are you to see it go?
Yeah it's one of the better more modern tracks so sad to see it off the calendar tbh :(

Think AMS will take it

BigJ will sneak it!

I love the format so don't think it needs changing too much. People will always argue about the allocations but I think the admins have been pretty fair all season

Reply #6
Missed/ was hindered for around 5 rounds due to holidays and exams so yeah, i’m happy.

Yeah will miss it!

AMS if dry, Jack if wet

BigJ hopefully

Hardest league to admin so yeah 100% tbh no issues

Reply #7
Dont know how im still in the title fight but gonna give it my all.

One of the first few tracks I learnt in F1 so has a special place for me.

I hope it's Joel but AMS is a tough cookie.

BigJ

Thanks for the love and advice guys. It's lovely how the grid is becoming so polished and filtering out the junk. Good to see that the majority of you will be with us for next season where we hope to go back to 20 cars. The last two season since AMS came on board have been amazing. Hopefully the new game brings more flavour to this amazing league.

F1 2015 - Wins: 3
F1 2016 - Wins: 14
F1 2017 - Wins: 2

Reply #8
1 - very up and down

2 -  sad to see it go. Definitely 1 of Tilke's best tracks

3 -  I hope Joel wins, would be so great to see him win, but I have a feeling AMS might take it.

4 - BigJ

5 -  Overall, they've done an excellent job in the hardest league to admin..... allocations  could maybe be done sooner and the race threads though...... Also, I tend to agree with BigC. Allocations should really be done on pace rather than trying to fix it for a close championship.

Reply #9
Not really, sort of lost interest in the game after my Bahrain win, will be back stronger on 2018!

One of my favourite tracks to drive. Such a shame 😫

Joel

Not me 😂

Nothing imo. FP is in a very good state currently and I enjoy being part of it!
F1 Driver

F1 Stats: | Races: 24 | Wins: 7 | Podiums: 11 | Pole Positions: 7 | Fastest Laps: 5 | Points: 200 |
| F1 2017 F3 Season 2 Drivers Champion | F1 2017 ROC 3rd Place |

FP Stats: | Races: 5 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 1 | Pole Positions: 0 | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: 28 |

GT Sport Stats: | Races: 2 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 0 | Pole Positions: 0 | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: 20 |