Skip to main content
Topic: [F5] Round 1 - Australia - Melbourne - 12/5/18 (Read 202 times) previous topic - next topic

[F5] Round 1 - Australia - Melbourne - 12/5/18

[F5] Round 1 - Australia - Melbourne - 12/5/18

So another season is about to begin for Formula 5 with its 10th season in play and to start it off they begin the season in Australia and finishing at Malaysia for the final time on the official F1 Race Calendar. These 20 drivers will be covering most continents in the world. But with these drivers we have 12 returning drivers who appeared in F5 some stage last season and 8 new drivers added to the list. They have all had a pre season race at Canada and are aware of who has what pace but the most important thing is who will be on the top step of the podium for the opening round.

Pre-Race Questions:
1. What will your aims be for this season for you and your team?
2. Are you happy with your team mate and team?
3. Who will be fighting for the Drivers Championship come to the end of the season?
4. Is there any track that you was wanting on the calendar?
5. What driver on the current field are you looking to beat during the season?

Re: [F5] Round 1 - Australia - Melbourne - 12/5/18

Reply #1
1. What will your aims be for this season for you and your team?
For me it's just about having some good battles and getting consistent results, hopefully my pace is competitive. For the team, points every race is a good aim but I don't really know JP's pace.

2. Are you happy with your team mate and team?
Absolutely, no point being unhappy before the season has started.

3. Who will be fighting for the Drivers Championship come to the end of the season?
Again I'm not really sure, I'd like to fight for it myself but that would be a big ask.

4. Is there any track that you was wanting on the calendar?
I always enjoy the challenge of Monaco, shame that's not on the calendar.

5. What driver on the current field are you looking to beat during the season?
Probably JP because he's my teammate and having dibs at the first pit stop is a definite advantage.

PSGL FIFA Leagues Director/Admin - PSGL FIFA Championship Season 2 Champion - PSGL Thursday Assisted League Constructors Champion - PSGL F5 (Season Three on F1 2015) Drivers Champion - PSGL F5 (Season One and Three on F1 2015) Constructors Champion

Reply #2
1. A top 10 finish in the championship would be nice & for the team I think the constructors title is achievable
2. Yes as we briefly teamed in F4 in the McLaren so it's nice to be reunited in back in the same team
3. JuhoFin, I think that we're very similarly paced & we had some great battles in FP so potentially it could happen in F5
4. Hungary & Baku as they were very successful tracks for me last season
5. Jack Tyler & JuhoFin

Reply #3
canada and baku shouldve been on schedule instead of preseason voting choices

Reply #4
1. What will your aims be for this season for you and your team? To finish as high up the standings as possible. I feel more confident with my driving at the moment than I did at the start of last season.
2. Are you happy with your team mate and team? Yes.
3. Who will be fighting for the Drivers Championship come to the end of the season? It’s too early to predict. I would like to but I don’t quite have the pace or consistency.
4. Is there any track that you was wanting on the calendar? No all the tracks I like are on the calendar for once. There’s only a couple of tracks I’m shit at on the calendar this season.
5. What driver on the current field are you looking to beat during the season? There isn’t a paticular driver I’d like to beat. I just want to beat as many drivers as possible.

Reply #5
1. Hopefully a top 4 finish in the drivers championship and top 3 in the constructors
2. I’m happy with my teammate we race all the time so good to be in the same team
3. I hope I’ll be in the fight with Awesomedude94900 and Kingdonmartin35
4. I would love Hungary in the calendar as it is one of my strongest tracks
5. Kingdonmartin35 and Awesomedude94900

Reply #6
1) I'm in a strange position i lost my team mate who was promoted i feel my pace has improved as has my driving so I'm hoping to win the championship with consistency rather than outright pace
2) looking forward to racing with my new team mate
3)awesome dude martin and myself jack tyler if he keeps it on the island
4)monaco and canada
5 my team mate rule one o one

Reply #7
Wasn't looking foward to the race as I struggle round Australia but I had a great start off the line gaining two places but as ever I had a collision with batfink1977 causing me wing damage. I think I had an ok first stint but it was hard with the wing damage so was finally glad to pit on lap 12. My second stint on the US's felt really quick but towards the end I can really feel them going off & just like my FP race on Tuesday I dropped it on T11 & 12 & hit the wall  & I couldn't beleive I didn't lose a wheel. For some reason my pit crew put me on the SS's rather than the US's & mid-way through the stint I hit the wall causing me a lot of wing damage forcing me to pit again. From then on it was just about bringing the car home in P9, A P7 was definitely on the cards tonight but my carelessness cost me the extra points.

Australia is not a great track for me so ultimately I'm happy with scoring the two points which is 25% of my grand total of last season  :laugh:

Qual - 14th
Race - 9th

Reply #8
Q - P1.
Was pretty happy with my Q lap, could of been better but was a nice 0.2 gap to P2.

R - P1.
A bit of a weird  one to be fair, had great pace at the beginning and pulled away nicely then slowed down to manage the tyres but Lewis started catching me quite quickly, so pitted for softs and the they didn't really work for me, I kept on locking up the brakes and understeer was awful.

I have to think that 2-3 more laps I'd of been caught, not using TC and ABS probably adds to my tyre wear.

Judging from the firsr race Im going to have some tough competition.

Reply #9
Qualy 10th Race 8th.

Start felt bogged down hit Jp on 1st corner which i assumed there was room lost my wing,pitted 1st lap,then just kept my pace and got 8th.Roll on brazil.

Reply #10
Well what can i say about that race. It had ups and downs and I still managed to get back through the pack and into a respectful position. I wanna keep improving  myself as a driver even though i feel like i can't it is good to be apart of this league as it could give other opportunities such as other formulas.
But onto Brazil where i am gunna hope for a top 5 possibly podium. Good luck to all those who race and have a good one.