Skip to main content
Topic: [F3] Paddock (Read 358 times) previous topic - next topic

[F3] Paddock

F3 Paddock
This is the one and only inside in the F3 media.
Here you will find personal interviews with the drivers,
interviews with the teammanagers,
the latest gossips and many more.

So come check it out!

F1 2016 - poles:3 wins:2
F1 2017- (F4) starts: 11 pole: 9 wins: 5 podium: 7 2nd place
F1 2017- FP&F4 Constructors champion

Re: [F3] Paddock

Reply #1
Haas confirms their drivers, They SIGNED FRISO?
Today, the unexpected happend, Frisostolk_ better know as the bottlejob has signed a contract with Haas F1 team together with his former teammate Cheater-cheater. As Cheater-cheater (former F4 champion) cleary has prove himself that he has the pace to compete in f3 Friso clearly didn't prove himself. After a great start in Australian where he took pole and was heading to score his first win in F3 all things went wrong. Friso crashed two meters before the line and couldn't redeem himself later this season.
There were many rumours that he would get fired by Ferrari and it didn't happen. Haas (also known as the junior team of Ferrari) have gotten both Ferrari their former drivers. The question is why they've decided to let Cheater-cheater go to Haas. He finished P4 in the driver championship and seemed to found his place with Ferrari.
Fortunately we managed to get both drivers for a short interview.

Interview with Friso

Q: How did you get resigned in Formula 3 after scoring no points?

As you know I was heading to win the Australian Grandprix, after such a disappointment I couldn't get myself together to find that pace again. I've told it directly with Ferrari and we made an agreement. I can't go in details about that agreement but I was quite happy with it.

Q: After such a disappointment season last time what are you goals for comming season?
A: The problem is I have two options I'm 1 second off my pace with assists but in the long run that gap only will decrease but that means I have to fight really hard for points. I need to talk to the team and my teammate about it and make a choice.
Q: How do you feel about Cheater as your teammate once again?
It's great to have cheater back, we're good friends. I've let him down previous season but I'm sure I can make it up to him this season. We gave each other very much respect both in Belgium as in Hungary were we thought about each others pace and let each other through if he had faster pace. Besides that we can have a good chat after the race.

Interview with cheater

Q: How do you like the new Haas car?

The car looked good last season. Very consistent during the early races.
How do you feel about Friso being your teammate again and is he going to change?
I'm happy to be teaming up again with my old adversary. I know last season has spurred him on to rediscover his form of old.
What are your goals for this season?
I'm looking to avoid incidents this season. Hopefully I can then go on to score some more podiums and really challenge for the title.

Reply #3
BREAKING NEWS: Scuderia Ferrari signs larsGaming123

Big news coming from the Maranello team as they confirm larsGaming123 will be driving for them in the new season of F3.
larsGaming123 will be driving with @XxWee_Rhys_xX  as his teammate. Ferrari confirmed their line up will be driving in the SF70-h for this season. "The SF70-h features some interesting details which hopefully will give our drivers opportunities to fight for wins" said Maurizio Arrivabene

Ferrari SF70-H - The F3 2017 era S3 challenger

larsGaming123 will be returning to F3 after 2,5 seasons which he spent in F4. It is the return of larsGaming123 to the Ferrari team. He made his PSGL debut in a Ferrari F6 car and managed to get 3rd in the championship and 4th in the constructors championship after getting @Timmeh_15  as his teammate in the middle of the season, he still got dropped by Ferrari because they wanted to give other driver the opportunity. He got into the Red Bull Junior program and moved up into F3, but Helmut Marko wasn't happy with the way how he was performing and dropped him out of the program after only 3 races! Then he was a free agent and Renault Sport F1 picked him up to give him a chance in F4, he ended that season in F4 with 44 points, but he left the team already after that season because he had some arguments with dr.Abiteboul. The season after that he went to Force India to form a complete Dutch line up with @frisostolk_  . They performed really good and even secured the F4 constructors championship. New cars were introduced for this season and Friso and Lars could get used to these new cars pretty fast. They even secured a few front row lockout's that season. Last season he was in F4 with Toro Rosso where he was teammates with @ijsimo . They managed to finish 2nd in the constructors championship. They could've finished 1st if they didn't got caught up in some incidents and crashed when in a good position. They managed to get some pole positions and some podium finishes. larsGaming123 finished 3rd in the championship. meanwhile Ferrari was searching for a new driver line up after @Cheater-Cheater  and  @frisostolk_    only scored 75 points. Ferrari saw how larsGaming123 was performing in F4 and they informed if Lars was interested to come drive for them in F3. He agreed and now he's here once again.

We also managed to get a little interview with Lars about his move to Ferrari.
SKY: How happy are you to move up to F3 with Ferrari?
Lars: I'm really happy to finally return to the team after spending 3 seasons with other teams. Ferrari is the biggest team on the grid so it's great to be able to drive for them once again. I'm really grateful for the chances that Red Bull, Renault, Force India and Toro Rosso gave me to stay in the sport and now i'm finally back here. I'm trying to give everything i have to don't disappoint the fans.

SKY: What are your expectations for this season?
Lars: I wan't to try to score points in every race and maybe try to win a race. That's the only thing i didn't archieve yet, but i'm sure it will happen soon.

SKY: Who is your biggest rival for this season?
Lars: That has to be @frisostolk_  . If he can race without retiring after 5 laps i'm sure we'll have some great battles during this season
F1 2016: F6 S2 3rd place | F4 S3 10th place
F1 2017:F4 S1 6th place | F4 S2 3th place | Constructors champion F4 S1 | Constructors 2nd place F4 S2 | F3 S3 currently 10th place

Races: 57 | Race wins: 0 | Podiums: 13 | Pole Positions: 2 | Fastest Laps: 4 | Points: 305 | DNFs:10 | Seasons in PSGL: 5 | Best result: 2nd(6x) |

Reply #4
"HE'S DONE A MASSA"

The former Williams driver Ontothepodium looked set to retire at the end of last season. He went into the Japanese GP stating "Whether I crash or not I'm finishing my last race". He finished the GP in 7th after battles with numerous drivers as well as leading the race at one point. In his post race interview he said, "This was by far my most enjoyable races of the season. Battling my teammate for most of it but also Chullo and Cheater." At no point mentioning his retirement.

After the Japanese GP, when asked by his fellow driver the FlyingFrome "Are you sure you want to go?" the response was less than convincing. A few days later it was announced Ontothepodium and ChulloCookie would be teaming up at Toro Rosso for F3 season 3. When asked about his indecisive behaviour Ontothepodium replied "I've always seen Felipe Massa as an inspiration." He followed that up with, "Can we all pretend I never said anything?"

With the two new Toro Rosso drivers finishing the previous season in 7th and 8th in the standings and with 85 points between them, they'll be hoping to continue both their good forms off the back of last season.     

PSGL Stats |  Races: 53 |  Wins: 5 |  Podiums: 14 |
 Pole Positions: 1 |  Points: 283 | F1 2016 Season 2 F6 Champion |

Reply #5
"HE'S DONE A MASSA"

The former Williams driver Ontothepodium looked set to retire at the end of last season. He went into the Japanese GP stating "Whether I crash or not I'm finishing my last race". He finished the GP in 7th after battles with numerous drivers as well as leading the race at one point. In his post race interview he said, "This was by far my most enjoyable races of the season. Battling my teammate for most of it but also Chullo and Cheater." At no point mentioning his retirement.

After the Japanese GP, when asked by his fellow driver the FlyingFrome "Are you sure you want to go?" the response was less than convincing. A few days later it was announced Ontothepodium and ChulloCookie would be teaming up at Toro Rosso for F3 season 3. When asked about his indecisive behaviour Ontothepodium replied "I've always seen Felipe Massa as an inspiration." He followed that up with, "Can we all pretend I never said anything?"

With the two new Toro Rosso drivers finishing the previous season in 7th and 8th in the standings and with 85 points between them, they'll be hoping to continue both their good forms off the back of last season.     

Where's the dislike button when you need one? 😉

Reply #6
"Cautiously optimistic" says Haas bound Cheater.

New Haas drivers Cheater and Friso have jumped ship from Ferrari for season three.

We're now a week into the month long break and the F3 grid is finally taking shape. Drivers have been moved up, the teams have been shuffled and now the only thing left to do is get those first laps registered. With Season Three of the PSGL F3 Championship beckoning, we managed to catch up with the former F4 champion, Cheater-Cheater.

"Yeah, it's quite the wait between the two seasons, isn't it? I'm itching to get back onto the track and really see what this Haas car can do. It looked solid last season, I'm really hoping we're able to continue that good form. I certainly think we've got the sort of lineup that can get some strong results.

Cheater is of course referring to himself and teammate of last season, Friso.

"Don't let last season fool you, Friso is as good as anyone on his day. You only have to look back to season one of the F4 Championship to see that. Some of his qualifying runs were absolutely phenomenal. I know he's eager to bounce back and prove himself to the current crop of racers on the grid.

When asked about what seems like a strange move for both drivers to make, he was very open on the subject.

"Look, it was a number of factors that led to this move. Friso obviously had a difficult time last season. I can't say much about his situation or agreement with Ferrari, but I know they were quite intent on keeping him within their ranks in one form or another. I quite like Friso, we've got a great amount of respect for one another. I was only happy to keep this partnership going. This move also takes a little bit of pressure off myself. I adore the prancing horse but I feel more comfortable flying under the radar, something that's a little difficult in racing red!"

Haas had a mid season shakeup during season two, something Cheater was keen to acknowledge.

"They had an interesting year, didn't they? They lost a driver who popped up in a championship rival's car. I know Gunther pretty well from our season together during the 2016 era and I know he'll be looking to tighten the ship. I have complete faith in his ability to gather his chips and play a strong hand."

Haas Team Principal Gunther Steiner(r) seen with Maurizio Arrivabene(l).

"I can't say much about this current project between us, Haas and Ferrari. Lets just say there's a good deal that will please all parties and sets up a positive plan for the future. We can't think about it too much though, we have to focus on Australia and optimising the car for that race. I know Friso and myself will push to develop this car as much as we can. Hopefully we can get a strong start Down Under. We'll have a better understanding of the pecking order after round one and then we'll see where we are. Until then, I'm going to kick back and enjoy the sun."

How will the Haas duo cope with the new look grid? You can catch all of the F3 action on Sunday 13th April at 8pm.

F1 2015 | Races: 22 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 0 | Best Position: 4th(x2) | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: Not a clue. |
F1 2016 | Races: 36 | Poles: 2 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 7 | Best Position: 2nd(x4) | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 176 |
F1 2017 | Races: 32 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 5 | Podiums: 14 | Best Position: 1st(x5) | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 240 |
--------------------------------PSGL F1 2017 F4 Season 1 Drivers Champion--------------------------------

Reply #7
McLaren announce new drivers.... 'Taking a chance'!

McLaren have finally announced their driver line up for Formula 3 next season and it may come as a bit of a surprise! After a disappointing campaign with Renault last season, FlyingFrome was an unlikely recruit for the team but the veteran pilot is hopeful his fortunes can change with a new team. Frome said "After last year I was frankly shocked to get the call from Woking! With the backing of a team like this with their history and experience, I'm hoping to be fighting at the front throughout the season".

For a Formula 3 first, FlyingFrome will line up against his nephew, ChIcKeN_OwNzzzz. This will be the first partnership of this kind in the Formula and McLaren hope the two drivers can work well together to move the team forward. When asked about the line up Frome replied "Chicken has been part of the McLaren team as a young driver last season in F4 so he knows them well. Obviously we will have a strong working relationship and that should put us in a good place as the season progresses. It will be great to be racing with him but we no doubt will still fight hard against each other on track for the family bragging rights"!

When quizzed on McLaren's chances of the Constructors title the new Woking man simply replied "For sure"!

Reply #8
FIA: New Rules for Season 3.
As the new season starts a new rule are being implemented.
The F1 cars have a problem with a driver leaves the session before the race is finished there is a chance to a slipstream glitch. This means that drivers aren't getting a toe of the driver in front of them.
The FIA decided the following:
-The first driver to leave the session before the race ended gets a 10s penalty added to his next race.
-The third time a driver leaves the session before the race ended gets a qualifying ban.

Reply #9
Pressure on the F3 grid in Brazil

Shortly after arriving in Brazil, all the F3 drivers, as well as some former drivers who'd planned on spectating the race, were swarmed by reporters. After the embarrassment that was last seasons Brazilian Grand Prix, fans and drivers alike are sceptical on returning. There's a lot of tension surrounding the sport in Brazil as unlike the 2005 US GP the track owners refused to offer refunds or offer any free tickets for this seasons event.

With ticket sales at a record low there's a lot of pressure on the F3 grid to put on a good show on Sunday if there's any hope on seeing Brazil on the calendar in the future.

While the current F3 drivers who were involved in last seasons race kept to themselves, avoiding the press and keeping quiet on the matter, the new F3 drivers were incredibly optimistic on the weekend.

When questioned on the matter during Thursday's press conference Ontothepodium simply replied "We'll have to wait and see what Sunday brings"

PSGL Stats |  Races: 53 |  Wins: 5 |  Podiums: 14 |
 Pole Positions: 1 |  Points: 283 | F1 2016 Season 2 F6 Champion |

Reply #10
Tyre Wear Woes Cost Toro Rosso Victory

The Bahrain Grand Prix looked to be the perfect opportunity for Toro Rosso driver ChulloCookie to redeem himself after a terrible start to the season. Practice sessions before the race suggested that he had the pace to win, but alas it was not meant to be.

Chullo on a flyer in qualifying.

Sunday's qualifying was a mixed bag for the Toro Rosso team: OntoThePodium elected to qualify on the soft compound as to ensure a one stop for the race whereas Chullo elected to qualify on the super softs. As a result of these differing strategies, OntoThePodium started in P14 and Chullo started on pole.

Chullo leads the pack out of turn one.

Chullo maintained his lead until lap 8 when he was hit by an out of control Ferrari, luckily he avoided any damage and stayed in second for the rest of the lap. Further down the field OntoThePodium had a run in with a Renault which damaged his front wing.

On lap 8 Chullo pitted onto the mediums as the tyre wear had taken its toll, allowing him to undercut the Sauber of Paulovic and take back the lead. The two battled for the next ten or so laps until Paulovic was able to pass Chullo on lap 20. Then on lap 21 AMK began battling with Chullo, who's tyres by this point were beginning to go off, despite his conservative driving throughout the race. Next came Boogster, then Frome, and then Raybay, leaving Chullo in 6th position on the final lap. To add insult to injury, Chullo picked up a left rear puncture.

Meanwhile, after his pitstop, OntoThePodium had another run in with a Renault and picked up more front wing damage, eventually bringing the car home in 10th position.

When interviewed, Chullo gave these comments:

Reporter: "Chullo, tell us what happened that race, how do you feel?"

Chullo: "It's just not good enough, I do everything that I can do to win and I get let down by something which I can't control. This race and Brazil have been a nightmare for me and the team, especially when you consider that I could have been leading the championship if not for these issues."

Reporter: Next race is at Spa, how are you feeling about the upcoming race?

Chullo: "I'd like to say that I'm feeling confident, but I would be lying if I said that I wasn't worried about it with all of the issues that we have been having."

Reply #11
Frome found after night out celebrating too hard!

McLaren ace flyingfrome was out on the town yet again after his first F3 win of the season last night. The old timer rolled back the years to celebrate his Belgium GP triumph visiting almost every bar in the city but as night turned into early morning 'Grandpa' was beginning to show his age as he was looking worst for wear. He was found by amused onlookers the next morning passed out on a patch of grass (pictured below).

This isn't the first time Frome has been pictured in a bit of a state after a race victory. We reported on him asleep on the steps outside a nightclub just a couple of season's ago after a win in F4. It's a good job the F3 championship has a week off so the driver can get his head together for the next race!

Reply #12
"larsGaming123 needs to improve" says Arrivabene

larsGaming123 during a test session at Fiorano

With the British Grand Prix this weekend we are near the locations where most teams are based. One of the teams that isn't based in the UK is Ferrari. Yesterday was the press day at the Circuit with the official Press conference at 2pm. We had the opportunity to talk to Maurizio Arrivabene ahead of the British Grand Prix at Silverstone this weekend, so we asked Maurizio Arrivabene a question about the disappointing start of the season of larsGaming123. "Lars should improve really soon, because 1 point after 4 races is too low when you are driving for Scuderia Ferrari" said Arrivabene.

The start of the season of Lars isn't impressive. He had loads of trouble in the first four races of the season. In Australia he started in 6th, but his race was destroyed by a incident on the opening lap of the Grand Prix. He only managed to finish in 10th just ahead of Friso. For the 2nd round of the F3 championship at Brazil Lars was confident ahead of the weekend, in the past few seasons he showed really good pace at Brazil with even a pole position last season when he was driving in F4, in the races it Always gone wrong for lars with a 9th place as a best result at this track until this weekend. He had a shocking qualifying where he only managed to get 18th. In the race there were terrible conditions with heavy rain at the start of the race. His pace was shocking and a pit stop error ended his race. The 3rd race of the season took place at the Bahrain International Circuit. Lars had a very good qualifying and managed to get 2nd in the end. In the race Lars ran into issues once again with front wing damage early on in the race. After a error with his strategy he was forced for a 2 stop. In the end he only managed to finish 12th. The fourth race took place at Spa Francorchamps for the Belgian Grand Prix. Lars had a great qualifying where he just missed out on pole position by 73 thousands to Frome. The race started in intermediate conditions. Lars had a shocking start and went 3 wide going to eau rouge/radillion with the red bull drivers. He collided with yarham and retired just 20 seconds after the lights went out.

Lars getting out of the car after a collision with one of the Red Bull drivers at the Belgian Grand Prix

We also managed to talk to Lars about his season start. He said this start of the season only motivates him more to do better in the remaining races this season.  "I expect that our car will perform great around this track, so i am confident that we can pull off a good result here at Silverstone" were the final words of the Dutchman ahead of the British GP at Silverstone.

Will Lars be able to finally get a good result in F3?
Watch the coverage of the PSGL F3 British GP live on JPTV with commentary of JP and Ashbest to find out!
The broadcast is of the PSGL F3 British GP will start Sunday 17th of June 2018 at 8pm UK time. So make sure to tune in to JPTV on Sunday to don't miss any of the action F3 provides us with!
F1 2016: F6 S2 3rd place | F4 S3 10th place
F1 2017:F4 S1 6th place | F4 S2 3th place | Constructors champion F4 S1 | Constructors 2nd place F4 S2 | F3 S3 currently 10th place

Races: 57 | Race wins: 0 | Podiums: 13 | Pole Positions: 2 | Fastest Laps: 4 | Points: 305 | DNFs:10 | Seasons in PSGL: 5 | Best result: 2nd(6x) |