Brazil
Monaco
Hungary
Spain

Voting closes: April 26, 2018, 05:36:05 pm

Topic: Race of Champions 2018 (Read 625 times) previous topic - next topic

Race of Champions 2018

Race of Champions 2018

Hello everyone, hope you're all doing well! As you can see from the title of this thread we are holding a Race of champions event at the end of the season to try and find the very best drivers of PSGL! A very popular event over the years and one everyone wants to win. To fill  in anyone who may not know much about the Race of champions, it's an event we hold at the end of some seasons to find who's the quickest driver. Each league has two representatives and we also throw in a few wildcards to mix things up.

So do i qualify?

To qualify for the Race of champions 2018 you need to finish in the top 2 of your respective league. Some drivers may be in more than one league and be in the top two in both, in this instance the driver in 3rd will qualify. For example, say BigC finishes 2nd in F1 and second in FP. This will mean that the driver in 3rd in FP will qualify as BigC has qualified with F1. I hope I've explained that well!

Can i Qualify if i haven't finished in the top 2?

Actually yes!! As each league will have two drivers this gives us a total of 14 drivers meaning we have 6 spaces free. These will go to our wildcards. These will be drivers hand picked by admins or directors who have impressed them throughout the season, not just on track but off track too. So everyone has a chance to qualify.

The event Settings

Track: Vote to be held in this thread
Host: Ashbest
Confirmed Date: - 29th April
Time: 8pm BST
Distance: 100%
Rules: PSGL Normal Rules
Weather: Clear
cars: tbc

Is there a prize for the winner?
Yes and no! Everyone taking part will be entered into a randomly selected prize draw for a PSN or Amazon gift card of £20.

That should be everything covered! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. A list of drivers who've qualified will be below.
Good luck everyone!

Qualified drivers

F1 - Ashbest122 and Cliffy7765
F2 - Ccbrain and Kbkillerzone
F3 - wocko25 and Abiodun20041224
F4 - Lars and WarrenHague
F5 - Jraybay & RJDW886
F6 - AMD & Betrayer
FP - AMS97F1 and GREENY-LFC123
Wildcards team 1 - Paudie (F1) & Badboy (F3)
Wildcards team 2 - MrGrumpy (F4) & XxWee_Rhys_xX (F5)
Wildcards team 3 -

Streamer/commentator - JPGreenwood

Re: Race of Champions 2018

Reply #1
Race of Champions 2018

Hello everyone, hope you're all doing well! As you can see from the title of this thread we are holding a Race of champions event at the end of the season to try and find the very best drivers of PSGL! A very popular event over the years and one everyone wants to win. To fill  in anyone who may not know much about the Race of champions, it's an event we hold at the end of some seasons to find who's the quickest driver. Each league has two representatives and we also throw in a few wildcards to mix things up.

So do i qualify?

To qualify for the Race of champions 2018 you need to finish in the top 2 of your respective league. Some drivers may be in more than one league and be in the top two in both, in this instance the driver in 3rd will qualify. For example, say BigC finishes 2nd in F1 and second in FP. This will mean that the driver in 3rd in FP will qualify as BigC has qualified with F1. I hope I've explained that well!

Can i Qualify if i haven't finished in the top 2?

Actually yes!! As each league will have two drivers this gives us a total of 14 drivers meaning we have 6 spaces free. Two spaces will go to our commentators and 4 spaces will go to 4 wildcards from this season. These will be drivers hand picked by admins or directors who have impressed them throughout the season, not just on track but off track too. So everyone has a chance to qualify.

The event Settings

Track: Vote to be held in this thread
Host: tbc (any volunteers?)
Date: tbc - after season end
Time: 8pm BST
Distance: 100%
Rules: PSGL Normal Rules
Weather: Clear
cars: tbc

That should be everything covered! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. A list of drivers who've qualified will be below.
Good luck everyone!

Qualified drivers

F1 -
F2 -
F3 -
F4 -
F5 -
F6 -
FP -
Wildcards -

Commentators -

If one hasn't already been sorted can I'll volunteer to stream the race

Reply #4
I don't mind hosting, also since the race is 100% will quali be full?

Reply #7
Webcam, we can have two more wildcards as commentators take up spectator spots not driver spots. Plus 20 drivers is good as 100% race.

| F1 Stats | Races: 116 | Points: 1246 | Podiums: 81| Poles: 54 | Best finish: 1st (x41) |

Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|

Reply #8
If we had three commentators could one be in the chat? Just checking in case Venom would like to take part as well.

Reply #11
I did the ROC stream last time so happy for others to have a go at it this time.

IMO Cheater-Cheater should be invited for a wildcard if he hasn't declined already. He unlike Hague is actually an F4 champion in the F1 2017 era and went up to F3 as a result.

[PSGL Career] Seasons: 5 Starts: 60 Poles: 1 Wins: 3 Podiums: 10 DNFs: 6 Fastest Laps: 5 Points: 326
2x Constructors Champion (1x F3 1x F4)

Reply #12
If it's a 100%  race three commentators would be ideal but if you rather have a 20 car grid that's totally understandable

Reply #13
If my PS4 is working by that point I wouldn't mind commentating.
F1 Race Statistics and Achievements
Races Completed 53 - Points 351 - Pole Laps 9 - Wins 5 - Podiums 15
1x F4 Drivers Runners Up - 2x F4 Constructors Runners Up - 1x F5(FP) Constructors Third Place - One Night Championship Winner

Reply #14
Does champion of bottling it count?

F1 2016 - poles:3 wins:2
F1 2017- (F4) starts: 11 pole: 9 wins: 5 podium: 7 2nd place
F1 2017- FP&F4 Constructors champion

Reply #15
So when is this and which track?
F1 Race Statistics and Achievements
Races Completed 53 - Points 351 - Pole Laps 9 - Wins 5 - Podiums 15
1x F4 Drivers Runners Up - 2x F4 Constructors Runners Up - 1x F5(FP) Constructors Third Place - One Night Championship Winner