Skip to main content
Topic: New Forum - Raise issues and report bugs (Read 566 times) previous topic - next topic

New Forum - Raise issues and report bugs

Please use this thread to make us aware of any issues related to the new forum platform, e.g. bugs, important missing features etc.

Please give as much info as possible.

Re: New Forum - Raise issues and report bugs

Reply #1
I'd like to have the option to switch between the mobile version and the full site. I mostly use this on my phone and the mobile version is lacking a lot of nice things you get in the web version. Most mobile versions of forums lack some features so it would be really nice if you gave me an option to toggle back and forth
PSGL Stats | Races: 5 | Wins: 3 | Podiums: 4 |
Pole Positions: 3 | Points: 70 |

Reply #2
Would it be possible to make 'Recent posts' on phone smaller? I don't know about others but it's massive on my phone . I am not sure if it's supposed to be like that but it takes most of my screen on the phone when it takes such a small part of my pc screen and that makes it a bit odd. Maybe just my phone and on others it's fine but just wanted to point it out.

F1 2017 F3 Stats | Races: 5 | Wins: 1 | Podiums: 2 | Pole Positions: 2 | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 32 | DNFs: 2
PSGL F1 2016 F6 Season 2 Constructors Champion
PSGL F1 2016 F6 Season 2 Drivers Runner Up
PSGL F1 2017 FP Season 1 Constructors Runner Up

PSGL F1 2017 FP Season 1 Drivers 3rd Place

Reply #3
Just found out that when you go on
playstationgl.com/index.php
It has logos for gaming sections(photo below)

When you go to f1 section for example and go back, the logos are no longer appearing.
https://m.imgur.com/lxe2gk8
https://m.imgur.com/u2fatBy
F1 2017 F3 Stats | Races: 5 | Wins: 1 | Podiums: 2 | Pole Positions: 2 | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 32 | DNFs: 2

Reply #4
Just thought I'd say... I love the new forum on PC, but on phone it isn't great I'm afraid. Everything seems very cramped.
F1 League Stats:
Seasons Participated in: 3 (S15, S16, S18) Starts: 27 Wins: 2 Podiums: 8 Poles: 0 Points: 136 DNFs: 5 SEASON 18 CONSTRUCTORS CHAMPION - BigC_019 and qprbeasts987 - Toro Rosso - 166 points

Reply #5
Not sure if it's just me or not, but I can't seem to change anything on my profile. Whenever I click "change profile" it just removes the changes I've made.
PSGL Stats |  Races: 57 |  Wins: 5 |  Podiums: 15 |
 Pole Positions: 1 |  Points: 305 | F1 2016 Season 2 F6 Champion |

Reply #7
Just thought I'd say... I love the new forum on PC, but on phone it isn't great I'm afraid. Everything seems very cramped.

The nature of a scalable platform i think, it obviously has to work across a number of browsers and many different screen sizes. We'll see if there is anything more we can do to improve the layout.

Reply #8
Would it be possible to make 'Recent posts' on phone smaller? I don't know about others but it's massive on my phone . I am not sure if it's supposed to be like that but it takes most of my screen on the phone when it takes such a small part of my pc screen and that makes it a bit odd. Maybe just my phone and on others it's fine but just wanted to point it out.

I don't think we can make it smaller, as it would be useless for showing the latest threads, but we might be able to shift it to the bottom of thr boards. Like in the previous forum platform.

Reply #9
Not sure if it's just me or not, but I can't seem to change anything on my profile. Whenever I click "change profile" it just removes the changes I've made.

Have you got a specific example which it doesn't save? Are you making the change on a PC broswer or mobile?

I was trying to change my signature and personal text but didn't seem to want to change. I think there was too much in my signature, despite the fact was no where near the character limit. Got it sorted now but it seems you can only change one thing at a time. It would be helpful to have something pop up saying your changes haven't worked since it was quite confusing.   
PSGL Stats |  Races: 57 |  Wins: 5 |  Podiums: 15 |
 Pole Positions: 1 |  Points: 305 | F1 2016 Season 2 F6 Champion |

Reply #10
I think the new forum on both pc  & mobile is completely rubbish!!!! Has anyone ever heard of the phrase if it's not broken don't fix it?

Reply #12
I think the new forum on both pc  & mobile is completely rubbish!!!! Has anyone ever heard of the phrase if it's not broken don't fix it?

Have you got any specific feedback?

What was wrong with how it was before? It was simple (just as well really) & affective. I can't get my head around the way it is now

Reply #13
Three-Socks has made clear the main reasons why the change was needed. The previous forum ran on a very old platform which was difficult maintain, update and keep secure. Plus, this new forum platform is more efficient on our hosting, easier to get newer updates for and works better across different browser types.

The forum won't be going back to the old version, so everyone will just have to get used to this new version and report anything which they think is broken, or features which were in the old forum that are not present here, being as specific as possible.

Reply #14
Looking fron other side i like it on PC. PC version looks pretty nice. On mobile it's a bit different which makes transition between devices a bit awkward.

Reply #15

I don't think we can make it smaller, as it would be useless for showing the latest threads, but we might be able to shift it to the bottom of thr boards. Like in the previous forum platform.

I kind of like it at the top... Easy to see what people are talking about.