Skip to main content
Topic: PSGL Maintenance 17/02/2018 (Read 183 times) previous topic - next topic

PSGL Maintenance 17/02/2018

On Saturday, February 17th we will be performing maintenance on our server. Expected downtime will be 3 hours.

Time: 13:00 to 16:00 GMT

Maintenance notes:

• Converting forum software to a new platform.

• New theme.

• Server rebuild to improve security and speed.

Re: PSGL Maintenance 17/02/2018

Reply #1
Not a fan at all.

- Some topics are gone missing(F1,F2,F3, standings)
- Harder navigation
- Hard to see new replies within forum section
- Mobile version is completely different compared to PC version
- Can't edit text unless you know the coding

I'll be honest, I don't like the look of this style. Many new issues due to the move.
F1 2017 F3 Stats | Races: 5 | Wins: 1 | Podiums: 2 | Pole Positions: 2 | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 32 | DNFs: 2
PSGL F1 2016 F6 Season 2 Constructors Champion
PSGL F1 2016 F6 Season 2 Drivers Runner Up
PSGL F1 2017 FP Season 1 Constructors Runner Up

PSGL F1 2017 FP Season 1 Drivers 3rd Place

Reply #2
Needs tweaking and certain things restored but this is more like what a gaming league forum should look like there.

It was a bit of a mess for newcomers previously, they should have no doubt where to go now.

[PSGL Career] Seasons: 5 Starts: 60 Poles: 1 Wins: 3 Podiums: 10 DNFs: 6 Fastest Laps: 5 Points: 326
2x Constructors Champion (1x F3 1x F4)

Reply #3
Needs tweaking and certain things restored but this is more like what a gaming league forum should look like there.

It was a bit of a mess for newcomers previously, they should have no doubt where to go now.

I'd like to "like" this, but it's not working ;)

Looks like a few issues to sort out but a functional mobile site is long overdue, change is welcomed.

Reply #5
Not for me either.
F1 2017 F3 Stats | Races: 5 | Wins: 1 | Podiums: 2 | Pole Positions: 2 | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 32 | DNFs: 2

Reply #6
I've just liked your post. Please post the issue in the new thread saying what forum you are using, e.g. mobile or PC browser, and what you are doing,

Reply #8
Our old theme was made in 2010 so it needed updating despite it looking 'ok' to me personally, it was a huge pain for me to update the code and it was based on old tech that didn't support varying display sizes.

I had to put the forum back online way earlier than I planned since it took way longer than i planned. I thought it would take around 2 hours tops but ended up taking me 6 hours just to get the bare minimal done. So I put it back online while I take a break and eat and regroup.

Couple of things im aware of:
Smileys missing
Trophies
Some page loads are slow

These should be back tonight. The portal blocks that showed the league tables and other league info will be back later down the line.

Reply #9
Thanks for your efforts T-S, i have no idea when it comes to this stuff so your knowledge and support for the site is invaluable.

Reply #10
Looks good guys, gonna take some time to adjust to but I think this is a good layout
Season 8 Race of Champions Winner
PSGL Career: Grands Prixs entered - 197 | Race wins - 76 | Podiums - 130 | Points - 2026 | World Championships - 5

Reply #11
Like function is back on.

Reply #12
I'll be honest and say that i prefer the old layout atm, however I do think i can get used to this one as it isn't bad from a design perspective at all and uses the space better (cheers for that btw it was a little annoying having the forum so small).

I think the reason I prefer the old one is that it was brighter and had more stuff going on in the background, aswell as this it had banners which I think helped make the site look more appealing. I also feel like the recent activity was better off at the bottom but that could just be me (I think it makes more sense to have it with the rest of the info center like before)

You can see the brighter background here

If you don't mind me asking, what do some of the member statuses mean? Like i'm a hero member but i have no context as to what that means. Also what are the yellow boxes underneath some peoples names?

Reply #13
Thanks for all the feedback.

@chullocookie The slider should be back tomorrow and the member status is just a forum feature we never used and I forgot to turn it off.

Reply #14
Spending a bit of time of PC I must admit that I like the new forum. I know I said before that I don't but using a PC it looks really good. Only thing is a bit hard to look at is poll results. The grey text is merging with the white background so maybe the text could be a bit darker so it's easier to see? Anyway I like this forum, PC version at least.

Good job T-S on it. HTML and CSS coding isn't the easiest programming language so I respect the work you put into this.