Skip to main content
Topic: [GT Sport] Round 2 Yamagiwa (Read 459 times) previous topic - next topic

[GT Sport] Round 2 Yamagiwa

Round 2 Yamagiwa

Last week we witnessed a dominating display of driving my Jamie to take the win in both races. A flawless display in the sprint race allowed him to drive into the Japanese sunset and comfortably pick up 50 points. Starting from the back in the feature race meant a total of 14 overtakes were required and by lap 3 Jamie was already in the lead and on his way to collecting the maximum amount of points for the weekend. Team Peugeot impressed with fragglepaul also being present on the podium meaning they now lead the constructors.

On to this week we will see racing at the Yamagiwa Circuit our second race in Japan. With HRacingGreen making his first official appearance in the league will we see Jamie's lead begin to be eaten into or will he be able to extend it. With this circuit being twisty in nature drivers will have to bring their A game to achieve a top result.

Question Time

1) Are you attending?
2) Top 3 in both races?
3) Thoughts on your race last week?
4) Favourite livery on the grid?
5) Tea or Coffee?

Re: [Gt Sport] Round 2 Yamagiwa

Reply #1
1) I will be attending.
2) Jamie, Hracinggreen and frome or me as were close
3) Suprising didnt think i was top 3 potential but ill take it  :69:
4) i think jamies or kablos
5) coffee mostly

Reply #2
1. Yeah
2. HRacingGreen, me(hopefully) & fragglepaul
3. More than happy with it
4. The new Hyundai livery looks very good
5. Tea
| Formula NAC | Races - 42 | Poles - 8 | Wins - 20 | Podiums - 35 | Season 14, 15 & 16 Drivers Champion | Season 14, 15 & 16 Constructors Champion |
| Formula 1 | Races - 75 | Poles - 4 | Wins - 12 | Podiums - 36 | Season 18 Drivers Champion | Season 13 & 16 Constructors Champion |
| GT Sport | Races - 16  | Poles - 4 | Wins - 13 | Podiums - 15 | Season 1 Drivers Champion | Season 1 Constructors Champion |
| YouTube - jamie-995 | Twitter - @F4H_Jamie |

Reply #3
1) Are you attending?
99,9% yes

2) Top 3 in both races?
HRacingGreen, Jamie and shortbread or fraggle

I think I had the pace to fight for 1 podium finish, but I was unlucky and got some bad results...

Jamie's & fraggle's. It's simple and fits the car well!

5) Tea or Coffee?
Coffe!!! Espresso!!!  :105:
TheHumbleGuys | R A C I N G T E A M -- THG-sonam8246

Reply #4
1) Are you attending? yep
2) Top 3 in both races? jamie, HRacing & ash
3) Thoughts on your race last week? Did a good preformence with no traction control
4) Favourite livery on the grid? stim, ash or jamie
5) Tea or Coffee? Coffee

F6: (F1 2016) S1 McLaren driver (F1 2016) S2 Ferrari driver (F1 2016) S2 driver runner-up & F6 S2 constructors title (Ferrari)
F5: (F1 2017) S1 McLaren driver (F1 2017) S1 3rd in constructors (McLaren) (F1 2017) S2 McLaren driver
F1 total: 24 races 0 wins 3 podium 10 top 5 finished 17 top 10 finished 8 DNF 6 DNS 0 WDC 1 WCC
GT Sport total: 13 races 0 wins 0 podiums 1 top 5 finished 8 top 10 finished 3 DNF 2 DNS 0 WDC 0 WCC

Reply #5
1) Are you attending?
I'll be there

2) Top 3 in both races?
Jamie, Hracing and Shortbread in the first race. Fraggle will be in the top 3 in the second race

1st race was great but I messed up in the second trying to get through the traffic

Kablo and Ash's I think

5) Tea or Coffee?
Latte  :16:

Reply #6
i will b attending
in the top 3 am saying jamie shortbread and hgreen
1st race was probally one of my best in PSGL finishing 5th, 2nd race wasnt to bad finishing 12th on the reverse grid
i like greens bmw, jamie rcz and somans hyundai
am a T man allllllll day haha

Re: [GT Sport] Round 2 Yamagiwa

Reply #7
RACE DAY!!!!!!  <f1>

Can't wait for the race tonight! I've seen people's lap times and there are so many on low 30s and I can't even beat my 31,7 in the hyundai.....  :20: haven't tried different setups tbh, but the car feels slow anyway. I did a few laps with the peugeot and went down to 31,5 easily, I guess with some effort I could go under 31s, but who cares  :46:

I'll try and record every session, hopefully I'll manage to upload a video too.

See you there!  :101:

Reply #8
1) Are you attending? Hopefully. Going out tonight but should be home in time.

2) Top 3 in both races? Three fastest drivers.

3) Thoughts on your race last week? Unlocked Suzuka only about 20mins before first race so had no practice but still somehow got decent results from both races.

4) Favourite livery on the grid? Have to look other cars more closely tonight to answer...

5) Tea or Coffee? Coffee.

Reply #9

1) Are you attending? Hopefully. Going out tonight but should be home in time.

2) Top 3 in both races? Three fastest drivers.

3) Thoughts on your race last week? Unlocked Suzuka only about 20mins before first race so had no practice but still somehow got decent results from both races.

4) Favourite livery on the grid? Have to look other cars more closely tonight to answer...

5) Tea or Coffee? Coffee.

I was in Finland a couple of weeks ago Juhoh, a few days in Helsinki. Enjoyed a Finnish sauna! :)

Reply #11
1) Are you attending? Yee
2) Top 3 in both races? Jamie, Hracing and Fraggle
3) Thoughts on your race last week? Amazing, did an absolute masterclass of defensive work.
4) Favourite livery on the grid? Kablo's/Jamie's
5) Tea or Coffee? I bring tea to school EVERY day.

Reply #12
Qualifying: 1st - Could have got another 1 - 2 tenths out of it, but it got the job done.

Sprint Race: 1st - Pretty straight forward after lap 1, was able to keep a gap to the car behind despite never being able to use full power.

Feature Race: 1st - Very hectic opening few laps again, managed to get through it intact & after that it was all about catching shortbread & then battling Harry for the win, very happy with my overall performance again.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/-4NpZnHSxsU[/youtube]
| Formula NAC | Races - 42 | Poles - 8 | Wins - 20 | Podiums - 35 | Season 14, 15 & 16 Drivers Champion | Season 14, 15 & 16 Constructors Champion |
| Formula 1 | Races - 75 | Poles - 4 | Wins - 12 | Podiums - 36 | Season 18 Drivers Champion | Season 13 & 16 Constructors Champion |
| GT Sport | Races - 16  | Poles - 4 | Wins - 13 | Podiums - 15 | Season 1 Drivers Champion | Season 1 Constructors Champion |
| YouTube - jamie-995 | Twitter - @F4H_Jamie |

Reply #13
Q: 3rd

Didn't expect that at all. My lap was not the best, could easily be a low 31s but i coulnd't put a lap together. At the end of the session I was on a promising lap but we started the session 2 corners before the end of the lap. I beat HracingGreen for 4 thousands of a second which was pretty close....

SR: 4th

I knew that my genesis was not fast compared to other cars and I had to keep HRacing behind only with my own skills but he was pushing hard. From the first corner I was on a defensive role, and couldn't keep him behind for long. He passed me and paul in the same corner. Shortbread came closer and when paul and I made a small mistake and took advantage and passed both of us. Paul then made a mistake and went off so I was hunting down shortbread for 3rd but when I came closer, for some reason he gave up. Me and blueneon passed and from that point we had a long battle for 3rd. But I also had to 'fight' with my hungry genesis. F*CKING FUEL WENT DOWN SO QUICKLY, even if I started on fuel mix 2.  :102: Then I turned it down to mix3 but still it didn't work, I think I even turned it down to 4 and then doqn to 6 at some point, but with a few minutes remaining and only 0,2 lap of fuel in the tank I HAD to pit. So I went in the pits and came out for the final lap with new tires, trying to overtake people and take my position back. Coming in the final corner ash made a mistake and spun, so I (luckily) took the position back and finished in 4th place.

FR: 5th

My start was not the best, I was pushing the guys in front a little and I had a bigger pressure from the guys behind. Right before the chicane I got hit by HRacing a little and lost a few seconds there to make clear overtakes on the guys in front, but thankfully I managed to pass a few before the left hairpin. In the next lap paul hit me in the same place and with the same way but this time I got off the track and lost a few positions going down to 12th and with a shortcut penalty....  :46:
I tried to make my way up the field and soon I was 5th, battling with ash for 4th place. In this 30 min race I should pit once in ~15 min. using fuel mix 1 all the way (and staying longer in the pit box) and coming out with a full tank. And so I did, got into the pits for new tyres and full tank and came out 9th. Other people pitted as well and soon I was again behind ash in 5th  place. I passed him at some point and built a gap of 4,5 seconds. At the second to last lap, I ONLY HAD 0.7 LAP OF FUEL REMAINING!!!!  :14: DAMN that genesis is hungry.... So again I turned to fuel to mix 6 to make it to the finish line. Ash was closing in quickly and was on my tail for the last 2 corners, and with such a big speed difference there was nothing I could do to defence my position. He passed me in the final corner and I finished 5th.....

I really need to sort out my fuel issues, cause it's not so funny to have the pace for a top 3 finish (maybe) and not being able to do so because of that....

Here's my point of view in every session! Long video but it's kinda interesting to watch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGWKv7_5Q4o&t=515s[/youtube]

Congratulations to jamie for another pole and double win, amazing performance, and well done to the top 3 for their podiums! Well done!  <ns>

See you all next week guys!  :103:

Manos

Reply #14
Q: 6th

This week I actually did some practice beforehand and even got my hands dirty with some tuning. I was pretty quick in practice but unfortunately wasn't able to string it all together in qualifying.

SR: 3rd

Very happy with this one. Me and Sonam had a close battle but I was able to secure third when he had to pit for fuel towards the end. Really felt like an accomplishment considering how quick most of you guys are!

MR: 6th

The first few laps were a bit of a mess, had a hard time getting through the field and stood no chance defending against Hracing and Jamie. Still I got up to sixth with 10 minutes remaining, but had a massive spin which cost me a good 12 seconds. So all things considered finishing 6th wasn't too shabby.

Well done everyone and congrats to jamie for his double win! Looking forward to the next one!

Reply #15
BTW I forgot to mention, watch @ 45:22 in my video .......  f*cking cones man :40: