Skip to main content
Topic: FIFA 18 League and Cup Discussion (Read 1004 times) previous topic - next topic

FIFA 18 League and Cup Discussion

Discuss the goings on, latest results and the winners and losers in both the league and PSGL Cup  :113:

Re: FIFA 18 League and Cup Discussion

Reply #1
Who is everyone's favourite and potential dark horse and why?
World Cup (Germany) & Champions League Winner (Inter) 2013
ONO CUP WINNER X1 (ROMA)

Played 23 W-15 D-6 L-2

Reply #2
I have myself and Jack Lacey interested in signing up but I think it's too late or full?
F1 Stats
PSGL | Races: 53 | Poles: 12 | Wins: 7 | Podiums: 19 | Championships: 0 | Points: 354
Championship position: 9th
F3 Season 16 Constructors Champion

Reply #3
Too late for this season, but we can put you on he reserve to take over if someone drops out or fails to play games.

But get your name down for the Challenge League. It’s flexible, you pick whatever team you want for each match, you can play as much or as little as you want, you can play an opponent up to 4 times in a month long season. Worth a try!

Reply #4

Season Opening Weekend Press Conference

As we head towards the opening weekend of the first season on FIFA the league's press corps put some interesting questions to the leagues mangers ...

- There are some fresh faces this season, some unknown entities, but there are also a number of 'old' faces who will be going for victory. Who do you think will win the league in this first season on FIFA 18?
- Will the top three be tight come the end of the season? Will the points gap between all three be more or less than 6 points?
- Which manager do think will score the most goals, and who do you think will be their top scoring player?
- Which manager will concede the most goals this season? Is there a team who has the worst defensive players on paper?
- Are you happy with your squad of players? Who have you discovered as your top player in preseason?
- What are your aims for your season?

Reply #5

- There are some fresh faces this season, some unknown entities, but there are also a number of 'old' faces who will be going for victory. Who do you think will win the league in this first season on FIFA 18?12 to 14
- Will the top three be tight come the end of the season? Will the points gap between all three be more or less than 6 points? Less than 6 depending if liam can be stopped
- Which manager do think will score the most goals, and who do you think will be their top scoring player? Ross and Slimani
- Which manager will concede the most goals this season? Is there a team who has the worst defensive players on paper? Me? And my back four  :113:
- Are you happy with your squad of players? Who have you discovered as your top player in preseason? No i want galatasary tbh. I dont like this team at all
- What are your aims for your season? As fenebahce relegation as galatasary mid table

Reply #6
 There are some fresh faces this season, some unknown entities, but there are also a number of 'old' faces who will be going for victory. Who do you think will win the league in this first season on FIFA 18?
- Going to go with Josh, he can defend which is nearly impossible on this game - Only seen results from the new faces so dont know how good they are.
- Will the top three be tight come the end of the season? Will the points gap between all three be more or less than 6 points?
- Cant see anyone running away with it
- Which manager do think will score the most goals, and who do you think will be their top scoring player?
- Rossi is scoring freely and has Leicester so maybe him and probably Vardy
- Which manager will concede the most goals this season? Is there a team who has the worst defensive players on paper?
- Could be me as ill be going to outscore people but probably fraggle with that palace side
- Are you happy with your squad of players? Who have you discovered as your top player in preseason?
- They are an okay team, Mitroglu is surprisingly quite good on this game - Thauvin is a top player though
- What are your aims for your season?
- To win more than i lose would be a good start - no point thinking of a title yet especially with my defensive record in friendlies

ONO CUP WINNER X1 (ROMA)

Played 23 W-15 D-6 L-2

Reply #7
1 - Liam or Josh.... the best players in the league.

2 - Don't think anyone will run away with it.

3 - I think Liam or Josh will score the most. They always find a way to score.

4 - Judging from pre-season, I'll probably concede the most.

5 - pre- squad update, I was happy with my squad, now most have lost at least 3 ratings points, the keeper has lost 5. The winger Lozano is my best player.

6 - A top 3 finish is my ultimate aim, don't think I'll achieve it though.

Reply #8
With just over half the season gone:

Who do you think will win the league?

Who has been the best player you faced and why?

How do you feel your season is going?

What do you think the gap will be between the top 2 at the end of the season?

What was your favourite game of the season and why?
ONO CUP WINNER X1 (ROMA)

Played 23 W-15 D-6 L-2

Reply #9
Surely as the new football season has started a new league on here can be started now and then transferred over to fifa 19 when released?

Reply #10
Surely as the new football season has started a new league on here can be started now and then transferred over to fifa 19 when released?

I would be more than happy to help set up and maintain a FIFA 19 league, but it was and always has been an utter ball ache trying to get people to complete games on time. Which then leads to active players losing heart, which then leads to the league slowly collapsing. It always tends to be the same players putting in the effort to arrange games, with the rest just turning up, if they do that.

Maybe there needs to be one night on which games are played and if they are not played within 7-days a 1-1 draw is applied. Maybe a more drastic solution to ensuring the league stays on track needs to be applied. Because a league could be successful, it shouldn’t need as much chivvying as it always does need.

Reply #11
I do see the problem you have had and I agree there needs to be strict rules to make sure the league remains competitive and active.

I would be very willing to participate.

Reply #13
What if I sort it?

I’m happy to help in trying to set a league up, but the main issue will be the same thing as usual. So unless it is a small league of regulars, and there is an absolutely strict playing system to avoid roll over, it will likely fail again due to people not arranging matches.