Skip to main content
Topic: PS4 External Hard Drive (MyPassport) (Read 678 times) previous topic - next topic

PS4 External Hard Drive (MyPassport)

I have ordered a hard drive for the PS4 which is a WD 1TB My Passport External Hard Drive which is due tomorrow and managed to get it for £20 which is a bargain as it's normally over £50

The plan is to move all my games on there and save loads of space, as it's annoying having to delete games to install new ones  :40:

Has anyone else added a External Hard drive to their PS4 Yet? or are you planning on doing so in the future?

Re: PS4 External Hard Drive (MyPassport)

Reply #1
I'm pretty sure you can't use an external hard drive mate, unless they've changed it via update. I ended up replacing my existing 500gb drive with a 2tb one.

Reply #2

I'm pretty sure you can't use an external hard drive mate, unless they've changed it via update. I ended up replacing my existing 500gb drive with a 2tb one.

Yeah they changed it with the update, I watched countless video tutorials on USB Hard drives and it was recommended to use the My Passport one. It's actually really easy to use :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdVoGP3nvCY

Reply #5
Just got it and have successfully formatted it to the PS4 so I highly recommend it guys if you have too many games and need more space

Reply #6

I have ordered a hard drive for the PS4 which is a WD 1TB My Passport External Hard Drive which is due tomorrow and managed to get it for £20 which is a bargain as it's normally over £50

have you link for the £20 or have you been offering up your nefarious services again?  :3:

Reply #7
Got it discounted at work so no link my friend, so are you interested in getting one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply #8
Only for someone else, already got a 2tb installed, might just use the old one I removed for anything I don't fancy having on the ps4

Reply #9
Pretty sure also that you can unplug take to a friends ps4 login with your account and wayhay you can play what's on the HDD