Skip to main content
Topic: Goldeneye Source 5.0 series (Read 1142 times) previous topic - next topic

Goldeneye Source 5.0 series

Due to completely forgetting about the development of this game and only remembering today I downloaded it before I came to work and haven't tested it yet but I would love it if a few of us would get it and we can hold a little tournament style competition and record it for the channel. It is a remastered version of the N64 classic Goldeneye. Not by the official makers, i think it's a Half Life 2 mod but it is free. It's multilayer only and if it has team battles then we could get something going. Goldeneye was a massively popular game in its time and is still known as a benchmark in FPS gaming history.
If anyone is interested then you can take a look at their website below
https://www.geshl2.com
Currently Playing;
Destiny  |  Ark: Survival Evolved  |  Battlefield 1  |  Modern Warfare Remastered

Re: Goldeneye Source 5.0 potential?

Reply #1
No way.. I remember playing this on the N64 on Christmas Day, 4 control pads, one little box each and running around a map to get hold of Scaramanga's golden gun.

Absolute classic, hope it delivers, from that the source version looks identical.

Reply #2
It was made to be as identical as it can but with updated graphics. There's a few good game modes with it aswell. Here's the scenario list and descriptions
http://wiki.geshl2.com/goldeneye/source_scenario_summary
There is team based and FFA scenarios, could be a great new line of videos for the channel.
Servers can be hosted locally if you have a good connection with low ping so it doesn't affect everyone's ability to play and can control the maps rotation etc. They also have a recommended host which I will check out. Works over LAN as well.

EDIT: looked up their recommended host, Jest, and it's the same as most servers for games like this. Can get 8 player slots for $8 a month with TC2 admin panel etc. I wouldn't mind getting that if it is going to be worth it as ive ran game servers like these before
Currently Playing;
Destiny  |  Ark: Survival Evolved  |  Battlefield 1  |  Modern Warfare Remastered

Reply #3
Had a quick go just now before I go to bed. Quite fun, gonna take a little hit to get used to the speed of it using a controller or may just go with a mouse lol

Also games have the option to spectate so could work for someone to record it and commentate etc
Currently Playing;

Reply #4
I think even my laptop could run this. Does it run on Windows 10?

Reply #5
Yes I'm running Windows 10, I dropped the majority of the graphics settings to medium or low and it still looks great

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Currently Playing;

Reply #6
Yeah since its the source engine you really wont have a problem running it on anything better than a potato. I'd go with the keyboard and mouse for accuracy's sake, since aim assist isnt a thing if im not mistaken.
Never played the original myself but have seen plenty of youtube vids talking about how great it was so this should be a good entry for me. I'll try it tonight.

Reply #7
It was great Chullo, rebooted the first person shooter.

How popular is it online and what's the storyline mode like.

Reply #9
I haven't had a proper look at how active it is online as I only tested it quick with me against bots. But I'm pretty sure there will be a decent amount of people on at most times. I dint think they had any plans to make single player anytime soon as it is a lot of work

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Currently Playing;

Re: Goldeneye Source 5.0 series

Reply #10
I never was very good with graphics but I can do basic editing so putting together a template for the video thumbnail for YouTube :)
Currently Playing;

Re: Goldeneye Source 5.0 series

Reply #11
Very good :)
I cannot wait to see this being played, I remember playing this years ago and it was the best James Bond game by miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk