Skip to main content
Topic: Grid: Autosport Discussion [PS3] (Read 6117 times) previous topic - next topic

Grid: Autosport Discussion [PS3]

A new racing game to be released on PS3, X360 and PC

Grid Autosport

"Codemasters has announced Grid Autosport, a new standalone title that's coming to PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 on 27th June - and a game that puts the emphasis firmly back on motorsport for the series.

Developed in Codemasters' main studio, Grid Autosport is a response to some of the feedback received after the release of Grid 2 last year, and an attempt to placate some of the series' traditional fans.

To that end there is now more authentic motorsport racing, with open-wheel cars ranging from F3 to IndyCar, tin-top action plus GT and endurance action as well as returning drift and supercar content. Like in the original Grid, the campaign is structured around the running of a team, with the player able to acquire sponsors and teammates as they work across five separate disciplines included in Grid Autosport.

While the name - which is shared with a long-running motorsport magazine - doesn't mark an official partnership, the editorial staff at Autosport have lent their expertise to the game, alongside racing drivers such as BTCC contenders Matt Neal and Andrew Jordan"

Courtesy of Eurogamer.

More Here http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-22-codemasters-announces-grid-autosport-cockpit-cam-returns

GRID Autosport Announcement

Re: Grid: Autosport Discussion [PS3]

Reply #1
Booooh We want F1 2014  :3:
Retired
Season 8 Race of Champions Winner
PSGL Career: Grands Prixs entered - 202 | Race wins - 76 | Podiums - 130 | Points - 2026 | World Championships - 5

Reply #2
Perhaps they haven't realised the ps4 is out yet....

Reply #3
Yeah I'm looking forward to this if it's a return to what the original GRID was, I enjoyed 2 but still much prefer 1.

Something quite telling in the interview regarding next gen I noticed was the reason that they are still working hard on the next gen engine at the moment. So I see why it's not hitting next gen but it concerns me....

Will F1 be ready for next gen or do we have to deal with a limited f1 game this year based on their 8 year old EGO engine I really hope not as that engine is to old to produce a brilliant racing game in the current climate.

Doubt we will find out anything about the new F1 game till June at the earliest
F1 2011 Career Races: 73  |  Career Poles: 37  |  Career wins: 53  |  Career Podiums: 69  |  Career DNF: 0  |  Career Points:805  |  WDC: 4  | WCC: 3
F1 2012 Career : Races: 57 | Wins: 13 | Poles: 7

Reply #6
Maybe they should stop hashing out the GRID name now. The first game was good, but the second was apparently lacking a certain something. That being said, I immensely enjoyed racing on the original GRID.

Reply #7

When are we going to get a decent racing game on PS4 ffs!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4

Totally agree! Cant see The Crew being it! Also drive club may or may not arrive! And not seen anymore info about project cars either!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Reply #8
Will the BTCC be in it. I just want a simple BTCC game again. :(

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_209 using Tapatalk
PSGL 65 Races - 303 points - 5 Wins - 7podiums - WDC (x1) - WCC (x1)

Reply #9
I don't think the BTCC was announced but there's a good chance with the likes of f3 being in this game.

Personally I think the crew will be fantastic in think it will take the social aspect far beyond what need for speed rivals did and I think it will handle much better than GRID

F1 2011 Career Races: 73  |  Career Poles: 37  |  Career wins: 53  |  Career Podiums: 69  |  Career DNF: 0  |  Career Points:805  |  WDC: 4  | WCC: 3
F1 2012 Career : Races: 57 | Wins: 13 | Poles: 7

Reply #10

This for me was codes pinnacle. I played this game for years, even after the ps2 was launched. Absolutely brilliant game. The full BTCC calendar and all the cars. I even stopped playing GT and GT2 when this came out.

Since this game all codies efforts have fallen short imo. They've gone to American, sold there sole to the devil.

Reply #11

This for me was codes pinnacle. I played this game for years, even after the ps2 was launched. Absolutely brilliant game. The full BTCC calendar and all the cars. I even stopped playing GT and GT2 when this came out.

Since this game all codies efforts have fallen short imo. They've gone to American, sold there sole to the devil.

To be honest i rather-ed the game before this game. I spent so many hours on it!! It was my first racing game

[youtube]QO-jUyJNELs#[/youtube]

Reply #12
TOCA 2 on PC was my first online racing experience, fond memories  :) :)

Reply #13
there will be a BTCC typre Touring car mode in GRID Autosport and it looks epic so does F3

Reply #14
Good to see Codemasters return to more of a classic racer, at least they are listening   <ns>
It does show how thinly they are stretched though, in my opinion. As CG suggests, it does put serious question marks over F1 on PS4 this year.