Skip to main content
Topic: fifa 14  (Read 9730 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: fifa 14

Reply #32

Have to disagree with some of the comments. L1 Triangles are OP and so is crossing & heading.  If you just wing abuse and cross to a tall ST or a ST with good heading you'll score a lot.

Also, some of the dribbling and touches are rediculous. Maybe my opinion will change the more I play it but  at the moment I don't like the game

I have to agree! From the few games I have played I've also noticed that lob through balls are way OP.
  Constructor Standings: 1st   Driver Standings: 2nd   F3 Races: 10   Race Wins: 1   Podiums: 3  DNF's: 0   Points: 84
Career Games: 7   Wins: 4    Losses: 1    Draws: 2    Titles: 0    Promotions: 1    Relegations: 0   Goals Scored: 11   Goals Conceded: 9

Reply #33
Ok now the more i play, the more pissed off i get. The game play is sluggish, slow reactions and movements and player can hardly hold on to the ball. Simple passes are messed up yet lobbed balls are unreal. Im disappointed.

Reply #34
Ok the game is officially making me raging. I might just trade it.

Reply #35
I absolutely detest the new FIFA. It's stiff and unresponsive and I hate how I can no longer play the game to relax but have to be focused just to make a clear 5 yard pass without eff'ing up.

I haven't got a clue what changes EA has done, but I know for a fact that I haven't got the time, energy or sufficient liking for the FIFA series to relearn it for a 5th year running...and then realise it's the same buggy compromised mess it's been for the past...5 years, just with new bells and whistles.

Reply #36
Knew that some people wouldn't like the fact you can no longer pace abuse :P

Some are not used to this brand new theory, it's called having to win tactically and fairly  :24:

PSGL FIFA Leagues Director/Admin - PSGL FIFA Championship Season 2 Champion - PSGL Thursday Assisted League Constructors Champion - PSGL F5 (Season Three on F1 2015) Drivers Champion - PSGL F5 (Season One and Three on F1 2015) Constructors Champion

Reply #37
It's not tactical or far. When in real life do you see 30 yard finesse goals, Same with crossing, 5ft8 players beating 6ft defenders.

Strength doesn't even play a big part irl but EA decided to make a game that is.

Fifa 13 1v1’s – Games Played: 100 - Wins: 78 - Draws: 14 - Losses: 8

Reply #38

It's not tactical or far. When in real life do you see 30 yard finesse goals, Same with crossing, 5ft8 players beating 6ft defenders.

Strength doesn't even play a big part irl but EA decided to make a game that is.

I'll go and tell Mikel, Kompany, Mertesacker, Fellaini, Kaboul etc to retire then  :21:

PSGL FIFA Leagues Director/Admin - PSGL FIFA Championship Season 2 Champion - PSGL Thursday Assisted League Constructors Champion - PSGL F5 (Season Three on F1 2015) Drivers Champion - PSGL F5 (Season One and Three on F1 2015) Constructors Champion

Reply #39
Don't like it tbh, just all round sluggish, reactions are shockingly slow and stiff, if your a good player you could shut down players who abused pace in 13 but this is a bit ridiculous, wonder if there will be a patch coming soon..

Reply #40

Knew that some people wouldn't like the fact you can no longer pace abuse :P

Some are not used to this brand new theory, it's called having to win tactically and fairly  :24:

No ones complained about the pace... there all not happy with the reactions... e.g when you dribble with the ball your trying to take short close quarters quick touches but the players feet move so slow you cant really dribble the ball. its not a tactical game at all. its all crosses and hoofing

Fifa 13 was terrible when everyone 1st got it because the touch system was a fail.
EA will bring out patches and smooth the game out and fix the game mechanics. i like the game in terms of playing a sort of tiki taka style of football where your seriously trying, but if you want to have fun & dribble past 1 or 2 and be attackive the games just to slow for it because of the player responses in terms of how long it takes a player to take a touch after each other touch.

Reply #41
Nothing to do with not being able to pace abuse; it's not really tactical just launching crosses in from anywhere and the striker with the heading advantage. Says it all the fact EA tried to tone down how overpowered it is. It's not complaining because we can't win because you can see for yourself our club record with low pros, the turning and movement sometimes is just atrocious even with good players - sometimes they take unrealistically long to reposition themselves for a pass or a shot or how sometimes your players just don't react to balls coming to them 1 cm away.

Oh and I still feel you can pace abuse anyway, over the top through balls are pretty overpowered and as soon as you get on the end of that pass, all you have to do is press/hold L2 to protect the ball provided you have decent balance.

“One day Rome shall fade and crumble. Yet you shall always be remembered in the hearts of all who yearn for freedom.”

Reply #42
None of the guys complained about the game (including myself) are pace abusers in their play style.

Reply #43
Let's face it, EA have a contract to make this game for every year.

therefore they will always be fault, at least for once this game is an improvement (in my opinion). There were lots of complaint about the pace abuse on fifa 13 so EA had to solve this, but under a strict time frame it was never going to be perfect and it never will.

They could focus on fixing it but then there would be a lack of new features and nothing for them to promote, its a lose lose situation really in quality terms and EA are a business and have to do what is best for their business, I agree the reactions are too slow but this can be fixed. I saw a comment about GTA not having the bugs that FIFA has but with the time frame they each have it makes complete sense.

FIFA 14 feels like a step forward which is a rariety as FIFA 13 was a steady downturn from older FIFA games.

Reply #45
It's definitely a step forward.

They are going to release a patch to tone down the overpowered lofted through balls, headers and finnesse shots soon.

A lot of the people who have moaned ( not you MrC) are the one's who always found exploits to get cheap goals and wins, which they can no longer do.

Reply #46
k den, seems legit. If you're willing to point out not MrC, let's see these names of exploiters

“One day Rome shall fade and crumble. Yet you shall always be remembered in the hearts of all who yearn for freedom.”