Skip to main content
Topic: Xbox One - General Discussion (Read 3608 times) previous topic - next topic

Xbox One - General Discussion

Please discuss our rival console in this thread

Re: Xbox 720 Discussion Thread

Reply #1
We will be hearing official news regarding this console rumour stating next month and here is some of the features that has been quoted on the internet.

"On [May 21], we'll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future," said Xbox Live director Larry Hyrb.

"Then, 19 days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we'll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games."

It suggests that the May 21 reveal will be for the console and services, and won't show any games.

It is expected that many confirmed multi-platform PS4 titles, such as Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag and Thief will be confirmed for the new Xbox.

It is claimed that the Xbox 720 will launch before the end of the year and feature Kinect 2.0, 3D technology and the long-rumoured Xbox TV.

A recent report suggested that the system will not require an always-online internet connection, despite previous rumours suggesting otherwise.

Microsoft will launch the system in early November with two pricing models.

One will be a standalone version for $499 (£323), while the other is a $299 (£193) version that requires the consumer to sign up to a two-year Xbox Live Gold subscription.

The system will be based on the "core" version of Windows 8, allowing similar apps that run on the PC operating system to appear on the console.

Thurrott also confirmed previous reports that the new Xbox would support Blu-ray, and that while it must be online to use, it "isn't as Draconian as many seem to believe".

It was added that a third, cheaper Xbox 360 could also be released this year.

The Xbox 720 is to have revamped social networking, Achievements, anti-piracy checks and video-sharing capabilities, according to a report.

Polygon cites sources saying that Microsoft's upcoming console will enable users to capture video highlights of their gameplay and share them directly through networks like Facebook.

The new Xbox will apparently be able to record gameplay like a DVR, meaning players can go back and select highlights.

Alternatively, there will be a setting which causes the console to automatically record when certain in-game events take place, such as collecting a specific Achievement. The auto-capture is said to be only available on next-gen games.

The recordings can then be uploaded directly from the console to social sites like YouTube.

Microsoft is also said to be planning to make Xbox Live function more like other social networks such as Twitter - with no caps on the number of friends a person can have - and a change to the way you add friends - with people being able to follow one another like on Twitter, instead of there only being two-way friendships.

The sources claim as well that it will be possible to add Achievements after a game's launch without needing to add DLC. In addition, users will be able to tie Achievements to broader events such as a weekend challenge or communal goal, like contributing a specific number of kills to the bigger goal of 10,000 kills over one weekend.

Digital spy

Reply #3
They are planning a release for November so i imagine this might push the release for the PS4 so it's really possible that the PS4 Could hit our shops October (I hope so)

Reply #4
If anyone is planning to buy a Xbox 720 then my advice is be very careful, it seems to me that they are rushing things slightly because of the announcement Sony made regarding the PS4 and we know what this could mean  <sy>

Reply #7
If anyone buys this, get off the site now! ;)

I dont like Xbox really. Rumors that it only plays in 720P not 1080P

Reply #8

If anyone buys this, get off the site now! ;)

I dont like Xbox really. Rumors that it only plays in 720P not 1080P
it does play in 1080p  ;)
"if you dont want blue flags, be at the front!"Kimi Raikonnen
"Life is like a box of chocolates" MrAgro
 "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." Some girl in my school
"Time's fun when you're having flies." Kermit the Frog

Reply #9
Can't wait for the new Xbox. Will be bye bye play station for me when this comes out  :)

Reply #11
IMO its wrong a move to have to need internet connection to play games

“One day Rome shall fade and crumble. Yet you shall always be remembered in the hearts of all who yearn for freedom.”

Reply #12
Enjoy Kinect and all of the entertainment synergies which  Microsoft aim to deliver (to the US at least). I've got a Sky box for that.

I want to play games, and more games, and interesting games, and exclusive GAMES!!!! lol 

Reply #13
Rumoured specs for this are nowhere near as good as the PS4 anyway. Plus the fact they're still trying to force Kinect on people and the always on internet required crap.

PS4 all the way for me.

Reply #14

Rumoured specs for this are nowhere near as good as the PS4 anyway. Plus the fact they're still trying to force Kinect on people and the always on internet required crap.

PS4 all the way for me.

Doesn't matter if the playstation 4 ends up 1000 times more powerful than the xbox the majority of games companies manufacture games primarily to be compatible with the xbox as it has and will continue to have the market share so the playstations "high specs" end up being nothing more than a bogus marketing tool that actually means nothing outside of "sony only" games like uncharted and assassins creed (both of which by the way are rumoured to be available on the xbox 720)