Skip to main content
Topic: Super Bowl (Read 10361 times) previous topic - next topic

Super Bowl

Just wondering if anyone else will be watching this on Sunday night?

I'm actually quite into American Football, watch every match Channel 4 show and stream the Miami Dolphins' matches as that's who I follow the most as my Dad 'supports' them.

Although I tried the Maddens and didn't have a clue about any of the plays or anything, there's just too many options for me haha.

There's just some things the American's do better and this is one of them. The way the NFL is structured makes for a much bigger and much more hyped finale. There's isn't really anything that compares with it tbf. The FA Cup Final will get around 8-9m people watching it, while in America alone, 53.6 million households watched the 2010 Super Bowl. When you look at it like that, you can see the reasons why with all the American Owners coming and owning BPL clubs, they want to change the format. Just imagine the advertising money you'd be able to pick up. It would never work over here though, there's simply too many professional clubs.

Back to this years Super Bowl, I think the 49er's will win it, the Ravens defence has been marred with injury this season and I think that will be the ultimate factor in deciding it. Can't see it being that high scoring though, nothing more than 30 points for either team.
FIFA Admin. Message me with any and all FIFA related problems.
#Believe

Re: Super Bowl

Reply #1
SANFRANCISCO 49ers ALL THE WAY, the ravens ain't got no chance
"if you dont want blue flags, be at the front!"Kimi Raikonnen
"Life is like a box of chocolates" MrAgro
 "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." Some girl in my school
"Time's fun when you're having flies." Kermit the Frog

Reply #2
When you factor in world wide audiences, i bet the FA Cup comes out on top. It like them calling the baseball a World Series. Really? A world series of one lol

Don't get me wrong, of all the American sports, i do think NFL is the best. It's a good social event, and as you say, it works as a specator sport (for ads lol).

I'd like the 49ers to win. I watched alot of them when i was out in San Fran in the sports bars. Great way to start a conversation with the laydees. And then just talk about Harry Potter in your plum English   wot wot

Reply #3

When you factor in world wide audiences, i bet the FA Cup comes out on top. It like them calling the baseball a World Series. Really? A world series of one lol

Don't get me wrong, of all the American sports, i do think NFL is the best. It's a good social event, and as you say, it works as a specator sport (for ads lol).

I'd like the 49ers to win. I watched alot of them when i was out in San Fran in the sports bars. Great way to start a conversation with the laydees. And then just talk about Harry Potter in your plum English   wot wot

Yeah I think the FA Cup would come out on top.

I will be watching the super bowl I love it. 49ers for me

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Reply #4
I will be watching it, have watched a few games this season on skysports.
You can not really compare a british audience to the american audience as the population of america is massive in comparison. World wide on the other hand, then i think the champions league final has a bigger audience.

49ers to win also.

edit:
2012 Super bowl : American audience - 111.3 million , Global - 175 million
2011 Champions league final : Global - 300 million

while searching i found this to be amazing. Cricket - World Cup 2011 semi-final, India v Pakistan: over 1bn viewers

(just a quick google to find figures not researched it deeply).
PSN:ID walksy4

Reply #5
Yeah, well that's the thing, Football is a global sport, American Football, as it's name suggests is pretty much North America only, so you can't compare them, that's not what I was doing. I only chose the FA Cup as it's the closest thing we've got to a 'big final' during our season.

But, since I've done a bit more Googling, the 2011 Superbowl had 111m people watching it in North America (Fox data), based on a population of 313m, that means 1 person in every 2.8 watched it. The 2011 FA Cup had 8.5m viewers in the UK (FA Website), based on a population of 62m, that's 1 in every 7.2. Still a big difference domestically. Obviously adding international figures in will fluctuate the FA Cup up; Football is a global sport, hence World Cups/Euro's etc, whereas, like i've stated, American Football is pretty much US only.

The closest they get to playing 'international matches', is when they play 2 games a season at Wembley haha.
FIFA Admin. Message me with any and all FIFA related problems.
#Believe

Reply #6
I used to LOVE American Football but it died down as I got older and started focusing on my football then of course I got injured and started building on my boyfriend belly. There's my life story. If i was still a betting man i would put my money on the 9ers - they will wipe the floor with the Ravens

“One day Rome shall fade and crumble. Yet you shall always be remembered in the hearts of all who yearn for freedom.”

Reply #7
Coming from an American, FOOTBALL is HUUUGE over here, even when its not the super bowl. I guess it has to do with the short game schedule and the newly acquired rookies from the NFL draft. We treat it like a holiday and also an excuse for not coming into work the next day.  :1:

A team can go 3-13 in their current season, get new draft picks, and go like 13-3 the next season. This also makes the game for interesting.

Personally, 49ers are going to take it.   :113:

Reply #8
BTW, the cheapest ticket to get into a terrace level in the stadium ( all the way up top) is around $1,200 = 763 pounds.

Most expensive is at 300 level

$137,500=87473 pounds   :13:

Reply #9
I think the 69ers will come out on top.

Don't rate the sport, 1hour to do a few songs can you imagine the outrage if that happened in an FA Cup final, sandwiches and pies allover Lady Gaga.. Actually she'd be quite happy to wear all that.

Reply #10

Don't rate the sport, 1hour to do a few songs can you imagine the outrage if that happened in an FA Cup final, sandwiches and pies allover Lady Gaga.. Actually she'd be quite happy to wear all that.

Wow Tj, u like that 69 style dont u? Lol

Hope San Fran (49) will take it.
Been a big fan since Joe Montana and Steve Young..
Have to check what time it starts over here.

Reply #11

Wow Tj, u like that 69 style dont u? Lol

Hope San Fran (49) will take it.
Been a big fan since Joe Montana and Steve Young..
Have to check what time it starts over here.
:24: :24:
"if you dont want blue flags, be at the front!"Kimi Raikonnen
"Life is like a box of chocolates" MrAgro
 "I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants." Some girl in my school
"Time's fun when you're having flies." Kermit the Frog

Reply #12
Nearly game time! 9ers gonna show just how old the Ravens defence are.

“One day Rome shall fade and crumble. Yet you shall always be remembered in the hearts of all who yearn for freedom.”

Reply #15

hope the ravens take it but cant look past the 49ers for this one!!!!

I do hope the Ravens take it but I just can't look past the 9ers but if Flacco brings his A game then IT IS ON