Skip to main content
Topic: Lance Armstrong  (Read 4398 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Lance Armstrong

Reply #16

To be fair fish I agree with that, this Armstrong affair has made people question Wiggins' integrity, rightly so he's not happy about it.

But there's a fine line, I see protein shakes at the gym as being an unfair advantage if you see what I mean.

My brother used them shakes a lot, did not do him a lot of good to be honest. He got hooked, and we to find away to get him off, he still hits the gym, but has no shakes.

I was thinking about Wiggin's and you just pray he has not done the same thing.

Its like something you see in Hollywood movies, I mean its a huge scandal or a massive scale.
As big as what Tiger Woods did.
Just a shame its Lance Armstrong.

I herd about these fights and place in Madrid

Reply #17
Well as an ex-racing cyclist myself I've seen it all before. Never ever liked Armstrong, always thought there was something wrong. And yes I do believe he is a cheat and no way do I want to defend him, but this is all nicely stacked against him. Many of the so called 'friends' giving evidence against him are dopers as well, but they've been granted leniency for there testimony!!  So what do you think they are gonna do?

The guy who has been after him for so many years gets a reward for finding dopers - is that a good or bad thing?  He said that the USAC would strip Armstrong of his titles, but thats not possible only the UCI can do that. he even took the move of releasing information before Armstrong could defend himself. Well the info's out there now, who is gonna believe him?

Yes he's a cheat, and yes he should be banned. Very much doubt he was gonna race again anyways, so token gesture. Not sure I quite believe he is the devil as pictured in all this, a lot of companys may loose a lot of money over this so best to pin the blame elsewhere.

Cycling has one of the most, if not the best anti-doping tests around, and if found they do tend to come down like a ton of bricks on you.  As a cyclist you cant miss a test, they may even turn up at your house. How many other sports go this far? Can just imagine now "oh I forgot, I went shopping" and you know who I mean.

Generally cycling is a clean sport, but because of the rigorous tests they tend to get found on the whole quite quick.

And as for Bradley Wiggins, well this was one of the slowest Tours on record, so that in itself may say something. Maybe things are looking good?

Re: Re: Lance Armstrong

Reply #18

Well as an ex-racing cyclist myself I've seen it all before. Never ever liked Armstrong, always thought there was something wrong. And yes I do believe he is a cheat and no way do I want to defend him, but this is all nicely stacked against him. Many of the so called 'friends' giving evidence against him are dopers as well, but they've been granted leniency for there testimony!!  So what do you think they are gonna do?

The guy who has been after him for so many years gets a reward for finding dopers - is that a good or bad thing?  He said that the USAC would strip Armstrong of his titles, but thats not possible only the UCI can do that. he even took the move of releasing information before Armstrong could defend himself. Well the info's out there now, who is gonna believe him?

Yes he's a cheat, and yes he should be banned. Very much doubt he was gonna race again anyways, so token gesture. Not sure I quite believe he is the devil as pictured in all this, a lot of companys may loose a lot of money over this so best to pin the blame elsewhere.

Cycling has one of the most, if not the best anti-doping tests around, and if found they do tend to come down like a ton of bricks on you.  As a cyclist you cant miss a test, they may even turn up at your house. How many other sports go this far? Can just imagine now "oh I forgot, I went shopping" and you know who I mean.

Generally cycling is a clean sport, but because of the rigorous tests they tend to get found on the whole quite quick.

And as for Bradley Wiggins, well this was one of the slowest Tours on record, so that in itself may say something. Maybe things are looking good?

As a sports myself. Martial arts. I compete in all types of open comps and we have drug test before a open comp. We now have to do a test on competition day. It's mental how people can get away with it. I would not even know where to start.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Reply #19
and trying to pee in a bottle aint easy when you've just ridden 130 miles!!  Theres not exactly a lot of liquid left in your body lol

Reply #20

and trying to pee in a bottle aint easy when you've just ridden 130 miles!!  Theres not exactly a lot of liquid left in your body lol

plantsman if one of the best sports man in the world at that time just done 130 miles on a bike im sure pee in a bottle would be abit of piss  :24: :21:  :109:

Reply #22

plantsman if one of the best sports man in the world at that time just done 130 miles on a bike im sure pee in a bottle would be abit of piss  :24: :21:  :109:

I was refering to myself, so thankyou for thinking of me as one of the best sportsmen in the world  :4:  :3:

i bet your mummy and daddy do think you the best sportsman in the world planty :6: :69:  :3: