Skip to main content
Topic: EPL 2012 / 13 Season  (Read 2290 times) previous topic - next topic

EPL 2012 / 13 Season

Arsenal v Sunderland

Arsenal really looked out of solutions with the absence of RVP, and I still insist that Wenger brought the wrong additions to make up for the Dutch departure.

Sunderland played well and defended with more than 6 or 7 men, but Arsenal couldn't create what they used to be able of. Gervinho was lively but his last touch wasn't always the best, while Walcot was out of the coverage area.

Podolski played in the ST position, and he is not fit for that kind of role, as he always play as a LS or LW, but never a lone striker, and that showed in the game v Sunderland. The German international hasn't been in great form since he joined Bayern few years ago.

Giroud I see is another disappointment, reminding me of Chamakh. He wasted a golden opportunity yesterday, and couldn't do much for the remaining minutes he played. He is a good striker, but not the type that Arsenal need at the moment to make the fans forget about RVP.

One positive aspect was Cazorla, as he showed promise, and I'm sure hes going to develop more with games to come. He moved nicely and his passes and shooting were dangerous.

I think Wenger's subs weren't that smart either, instead of withdrawing Podolski, he could've taken Walcot out and bring Giroud in, push Podolski to the left and Gervinho to the right wing. Bringing in Arshavin really was a sign of desperation, because the russian obviously in his worst footballing condition.

Losing Song will deepen Arsenal's troubles, so they badly need a top striker and a CM before the transfer window closes.

WBA v Liverpool

It is disheartening to see Liverpool in that condition. I don't know what is going wrong, perhaps a lack of confidence,. They were ok in the first half, although Glen playing left back wasn't a good thing, because aside from him being weak with his left foot, the right-back Kelly isn't the best replacement. Gera's goal was fantastic and Reina could do nothing about.

Borini wasn't the striker a Liverpool fan would dream of having, hes good, but not good enough in my opinion. Suarez was unlucky with his last touch but he showed some good skills in the first half mainly. But that doesn't win games.

Allen was overrated, and proved it in yesterday's game as he didn't add much to Liverpool's midfield. Lucas is still regaining match fitness, while Gerrard is aging.

After Agger's stupid red, Skertl clumsy challenge on Long that was given a penalty (might be a bit harsh) and finally the speed and strength of Lukaku in the WBA attack, didn't give Liverpool the chance to get back into the game in the second period.

I don't know if Rogers is the man for Liverpool, but surely his formation didn't work in that game, so he needs to re-think his options and look to add another player or two to his team.

I believe they need another striker, a play maker and a center back.

Newcastle v Spurs

What is Villas-Boas thinking having one striker in the squad!! thb, Newcastle weren't in a good form and didn't create much either, but were smart to take their chances. A draw would have been a fair result.

Spurs should have gotten a goal in the first half, with Defoe's shot finding the bottom of the post, and Bale's header hitting the bar. Defoe's equalizer was offside anyway, but Ba's goal was genius.

P. Cisse disappeared in the game, while Ben Arfa looked dangerous on some occasions and managed a penalty after a silly foul by Lennon.

Krul was great like last season, and saved Newcastle on many occasions. The absentees in Newcastle defense were apparent, and we could tell that Perch is no top CB. Santon is good in attack, but weaker in defense.

I think Spurs didn't do bad, Defoe moved well, Sigurdsson was alright though wasted an early chance. Bale wasn't at his best, but had some good runs. But is Gallas really the answer for Tottenham's defense? Modric will be missed indeed unless a quick replacement will be brought.

VDV should have been in the starting eleven in my view, he delivered nice passes towards the box since he came in. i don't know if he can fit in the same line-up with Sigurdsson, but if there is a way, then I think they can do some magic together. Lennon can be benched perhaps and VDV goes into the right with Sigurdsson playing in the hole behind the ST.

I also think Defoe should stay and given more chance.

EPL 2012 / 13 Season

Reply #1
Good write up there choosy. Silly question. Can you watch the games out there.

My team had a shocking start losing 5-0 at the cottage to Fulham. We just did not turn up. Grant Holt needs a eye test. Should have got shot of him. They can't carry on playing the way they did yesterday. They do an we will be playing championship football again.

Re: EPL 2012 / 13 Season

Reply #2
VDV is a waste on the right imo he is best playing in the hole.

TBH I was thinking when I saw the Liverpool game I don't see Rodgers doing very well compared to how well he did at Swansea, why? Because he may have brought Joe Allen with him but he left the the master Leon Britton at Swansea; the man who helped Rodgers to command the midfield and influence everyone around him to set the tempo of the game. Just my two cents.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

“One day Rome shall fade and crumble. Yet you shall always be remembered in the hearts of all who yearn for freedom.”

Reply #3
lol yeah JknRich I can watch the games here, or else I would've gone crazy! On Abu Dhabi sports channels, which I have to pay $140 for one year subscription.

Norwich really surprised me, I expected so much better from them. Conceding five against Fulham, a team that doesn't usually score that much (and without Dempsey!) tells you that there is a lot of work needs to be done, but I still think they can regain form towards the middle of the season. I don't think they made enough signings this summer (if any), and the way they defended was terrible.

@Anky

I agree VDV wouldn't offer as much on the right, but I just like to see them both (him and Sigurdsson) in the starting 11.

And yeah Rogers was naive to think that Allen is the one that was going to re-shape his midfield. We need a world class CM or one with lots of premier league experience.

Speaking of Swansea, I only seen their goals, but they looked in fantastic form. QPR are no easy opponents, especially with the new signings added to the team. That new Spanish guy Michu had a great debut, and Dyer was clinical as usual. The result was a bit of a shock like Norwich's, but I think the 5 or 6 new players in QPR will need sometime to settle.

Reply #4
Everton v Man United

Outstanding display by Fellaini and Jagielka. Everton were tactically efficient and defended very well. If Everton plays like this all season, or most of it, they will finish close to the top four. Their only deficit is the lack of quality subs.

Fellaini was unbeatable in the air, he was %100 tonight.

Man united couldn't do much against such a strong and organized defense. RVP should have came on earlier than the 70 min, and he didn't receive more than two balls inside the box. Kagawa looks promising and most of his passes found its target. There is no doubt United will be strong enough this season to compete for the title, and they will come back very soon, and I guess their fans knows it.

EPL 2012 / 13 Season

Reply #5

Everton v Man United

Outstanding display by Fellaini and Jagielka. Everton were tactically efficient and defended very well. If Everton plays like this all season, or most of it, they will finish close to the top four. Their only deficit is the lack of quality subs.

Fellaini was unbeatable in the air, he was %100 tonight.

Man united couldn't do much against such a strong and organized defense. RVP should have came on earlier than the 70 min, and he didn't receive more than two balls inside the box. Kagawa looks promising and most of his passes found its target. There is no doubt United will be strong enough this season to compete for the title, and they will come back very soon, and I guess their fans knows it.

Tbh the team to fear is united. They hate losing and will show what they can really do next match. Who ever they have I truly feel sorry for them.

Yes RVP should have been on sooner. Tbh I would have played him from the start maybe Rooney just behind and Kagawa on the right. I don't he play a great side with Nani bring very poor. Anderson showed a lot when he was brought on.

If anything united looked like dear in he's lights lost. Most of the match They just did not know what there doing.

I think with RVP will find it hard to fit in Arsenal's style of football is very different. I just think it will be a while to adjust.

Thing is if Fellaini has a strong season, Everton will find it hard to keep a hold of him.

Jagielka showed us tonight he has a lot to offer. Great for England.

EPL 2012 / 13 Season

Reply #6
I agree that RVP wont shine soon because of the different play style of the two teams. Good point Rich.

EPL 2012 / 13 Season

Reply #7

I agree that RVP wont shine soon because of the different play style of the two teams. Good point Rich.

RVP is a lone hit man. With pace on the wings (Walcott) he used to feed RVP balls like they gone out of fashion. He needs a strong mid section. Not sure who it was behind RVP. Can't remember last season. (slept and been drunk since then)

I think It's a bad signing tbh. Not the best unless he turns it. But I also think that if only Kagawa is making the most of the ball and trying to get it up front then you could have a good season

United will always be very scary. Though they seemed lost and jaded tonight.

But remember it's only weekend 1 of the season.

Choosy who do you think will win the title.

Name your top ten in the EPL.

Who will win the championship league.

Reply #8
Fergie likes 433 / 451 in Europe..

Go figure ;) x