Skip to main content
Topic: PC Gaming - General Discussion (Read 15250 times) previous topic - next topic

PC Gaming - General Discussion

Just wondering if anyone here plays any pc games? I recently got Arma 2 combined operations. It's military game eith single player and multiplayer modes, best of all they have a mod for ot called DayZ it takes the same HUGE open world map and puts zombies it in!!! It's a realistic survival game as you need food n water to survive and bandages for wounds I highly recommend everyone looking into this game and mod!!!

Google - arma 2 combined operation - around 30 bucks

For mod just search DayZ its a really great and awesome game!! If anyone has it or is getting it let me know so we can team up and survive together, the average life of players is 49 minutes now lol its really intense

Re: PC gaming

Reply #1
I've literally just finished building my comp. Been building it for the last month or so and joy behold the case was the last part to come  :o

I've only got a couple of games atm; Minecraft, Sims 3, AC:B and FM I think, but i'll be checking out Steam either tonight/tomorrow to see if they've got any decent deals going!

I'll check that out later on too as i've never actually heard of it but it sounds good. I'll let you know if I get it :)

FIFA Admin. Message me with any and all FIFA related problems.
#Believe

PC gaming

Reply #2

I've literally just finished building my comp. Been building it for the last month or so and joy behold the case was the last part to come  :o

I've only got a couple of games atm; Minecraft, Sims 3, AC:B and FM I think, but i'll be checking out Steam either tonight/tomorrow to see if they've got any decent deals going!

I'll check that out later on too as i've never actually heard of it but it sounds good. I'll let you know if I get it :)

Is minecraft any good

Reply #3
I used to go round the country lanning it on counter-strike lol.. Got quite good at it :( ..

Very sad.

Reply #4

Is minecraft any good

It's brilliant mate. The freedom you have with it is unreal. Quite hard at the start as you literally start with nothing, but once you get a little house made out of sand/wood/whatever and a bed it's sweet! You just mish around the world, going through caves to find different ore to make better tools/weapons/armor with, it's so addictive!
#Believe

PC gaming

Reply #5

Is minecraft any good

It's brilliant mate. The freedom you have with it is unreal. Quite hard at the start as you literally start with nothing, but once you get a little house made out of sand/wood/whatever and a bed it's sweet! You just mish around the world, going through caves to find different ore to make better tools/weapons/armor with, it's so addictive!

I have the pocket version on my iPhone. And not even looked at it. Not sure what I am doing tbh.

I may have to look at it.

I used to be a hardcore pc gamer. Till it cost me to much money. As upgrading all the time is mental. I do have a pretty tidy lappy that plays games. I'm happy with the ps3.

Reply #6
I have minecraft as well we should play sometume but I really highly recommand arma 2 combined operation with the DayZ mod youtube DayZ and check it out

Reply #7
I'll be getting a gaming PC about a month after the next-gen of consoles comes out, because I can't be bothered to stick with consoles anymore.

Hopefully that will be quite a way off!

Reply #8
I've recently bought a gaming laptop and I'm playing a lot of Project CARS. It's a racing sim that's due out next year on all formats, but is primarily being made for PC. With so long left in development, it's already better than GT5 IMHO and is shaping up to be the best racing sim ever made.

I've paid a one-off payment of around 20 quid to get a new build every Friday. Once the final game is released, I get that back as a discount towards the finished game. I also get an AI driver with my real name in the final version lol. Or, you can pay around 40 quid to get the same as me, but you get the finished game for free, an AI driver named after you and access to exclusive cars and tracks.

It's really worth it :)

Reply #9
First paycheck spent then Grumps?  ;)
What do you control the cars with, the keyboard or a controller?

Reply #12
I downloaded Tribes, which is a free to play Halo-lookalike first person shooter with the unique selling point that you got a sorta jetpack. Was fun when I tried it but dunno what I'm doing! If anyone else has it I'll happily try give it another go if their prepared to put up with a right noob

Reply #13
I'll have a look at Tribes in a bit.

I'm just waiting on my GFX coming, as the one I bought was faulty so currently using an old Radeon 5450 which isn't the best, to try out the more graphical games.

Anyone play(ed) League of Legends? Had that downloading today and currently installing it now!
#Believe

Reply #14
Yeah League of Legends is a good game. A bit like World of Warcraft but it's all like battles, there's no doing any quests or what have you.

Would love to play Minecraft with a couple of people, only played it offline, be great to get a proper little adventure going, using Skype etc to talk to each other properly!!
#Believe

Reply #15

Yeah League of Legends is a good game. A bit like World of Warcraft but it's all like battles, there's no doing any quests or what have you.

Would love to play Minecraft with a couple of people, only played it offline, be great to get a proper little adventure going, using Skype etc to talk to each other properly!!

I have leagues of legends if you wanna show me the basica lol I also have minecraft but ive been sucked into DayZ for the past week lol. I wanna look into tribes and project cars as well