Skip to main content

Poll

Who will take pole in the Spanish GP qualifying session?

Hamilton
Bottas
Vettel
Raikonnen
Ricciardo
Verstappen
Alonso (why not lol)
Other
Topic: Formula 1 Discussion - Round 5 - Spanish GP (Read 649384 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Formula 1 Discussion

Reply #5408
Definitely looks a lot better in the flesh on track, but I agree about the severe lack of sponsors.

Reply #5410
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/134555/first-details-of-f1-tv-shakeup-revealed

Camera angles furthur down I've always been for as I think the modern angles don't really show off the speed enough. If you see an F1 car in RL it is crazy how quick they really are.

As for the idea of music... NO NO NO!

Reply #5411
F1 camera angles of the last 20 years have been all about framing that Rolex logo with a car somewhere in the foreground lol It sounds like they have some good ideas, I’m willing to give them the benftnof he doubt. Hell, even the logo is growing on me  :amz:

But, NO TO THE MUSIC! As someone said on the Motorsport.com comments, we don’t want Beyonce’s Halo playing at regular intervals lol

Reply #5412
Williams losing Martini sponsorship after 2018

Bad news for them, if their car is awful this season or the two drivers don't perform its going to be quite a bleak 2019 on the face of it as getting a big sponsor is more or less impossible if you are at the back of the grid.

At least this may mean Williams do a different livery :D

Reply #5413
Bloody snow is Barcelona!  :o   I know its a cost thing, but it is bizarre they don't head out to Bahrain or Abu Dhabi for 10 days for some genuinely useful testing.

Reply #5414
Fascinating second week of testing.

Outside of the top 3 looks tighter than 2017, on balance Renault at the moment look the best of the rest. McLaren had reliability issues but I think they'll be at least top 6 this season in the team fight if they sort those out.

However, you can't ignore the speed and consistancy Mercedes had on the mediums. They are holding back for Australia, no question about it. Ferrari and Red Bull I hope will be as close as their fast tyre pace suggests.

Can't wait for the news season

Re: Formula 1 Discussion - Round 1 - Australian GP

Reply #5415
First weekend of F1, and a new poll.

I’m baffled by the look of the McLaren. They kept on saying they had a massive update coming for Melbourne and I’ll be buggered if I can see anything. The sidepods look as basic as they were throughout testing. And boy do they look basic. But, having said that, Sauber has some of the most complex looking and it doesn’t look to have helped them make a leap.

Reply #5416
Tend to agree fish, but saying that they didn't seem to be sluggish

How many of us will be getting up early for qualifying and the race?

Reply #5418
Watching the Haas in practice, it looks a really planted car in the corners and it seems no brakes issues yet either which plagued their first two seasons.

Don't think anyone saw that coming that they could potentially be the 4th quickest car for start of the season.

As for the Danny Ric penalty... own goal for the sport when it needs all the credibility it can get. "He slowed down, wasn't a danger... give him a grid penalty"

Meanwhile Kimi causes another car to go off the road, gets nothing.

Reply #5419
Tend to agree fish, but saying that they didn't seem to be sluggish

How many of us will be getting up early for qualifying and the race?
Set my alarm for 4:30 Sunday morning only to find out that the clocks go forward on Saturday night

Reply #5421
A bit disappointed by McLaren, expected them to have at least 1 car in Q3.
Leagues: F4  
Best R Result:  7x1st (F2 Season 15 : Silverstone, FP Season 18 : Russia & Spain, F4 Season 20 : Spain, F4 Season 21 : Silverstone, France & Belgium)
Best Q Result :10x1st (FP Season 18 : Russia & Spain, F4 Season 20 : Spain, Austria & Malaysia, F4 Season 21 : Silverstone, Canada, France, Germany & Abu Dhabi)

Reply #5422
Damn, what a bunch of Rookie mistakes from Max. Greed taking control there
Retired
Season 8 Race of Champions Winner
PSGL Career: Grands Prixs entered - 202 | Race wins - 76 | Podiums - 130 | Points - 2026 | World Championships - 5