It's ridicilous that the WEC changed the calendar for Fernando Alonso

Yes
No
Don't know / No Opinion

Voting closes: February 27, 2018, 08:04:29 pm

Topic: Formula 1 Discussion  (Read 509102 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Formula 1 Discussion

Reply #5393
Not too big a deal IMO but disappointing that they were outright dropped without any choice on their part.
It will look bad though if they have grid boys but no grid girls.

Reply #5394
I liked grid girls but I wouldn't miss them either.

What I take issue is the way it has been done. Once again the people who actually do it and enjoy it are ignored in favour of ramming down certain political agendas which are invading every part of our lives because frankly some people want everyone to be miserable f**ks.

The women themselves didn't even get a say. It was forced upon them. That is wrong.

How can they have grid boys/men instead? Surely that is discrimination against the women? I guess that's "correct" though.

Then again its F1. The sport is littered with decisions made by the few while not being actually affected by it.

[PSGL Career] Seasons: 4 Starts: 54 Poles: 1 Wins: 2 Podiums: 9 DNFs: 5 Fastest Laps: 5 Points: 289
2x Constructors Champion (1x F3 1x F4)

Reply #5395
Anyone watched the McLaren 4 part series on amazon? (i'm sure they're sites online where you can see it for free)

Good watch for an F1 fan, a bit over hyped in terms of content imo but definitely worth a watch if you can

Reply #5396
It only went live today! I assume they will do a second season in he hope there will be a positive narrative this season.

Reply #5398

Unbelievable that the WEC would shift a race weekend for one driver (and his team). By the sounds of it they have dicked a number of WEC drivers who had signed contracts to race elsewhere in that off-weekend.

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/fuji-round-moved-world-endurance-championship-alonso-1003592/

It’s no surprise tbh, Toyota own Fuji so it was expected for them to ask. Clashes with IMSA who are for the change.

Reply #5399
Thoughts on the Haas livery? Not exactly exciting, there were faaaar better designs doing the rounds on the internet. I guess they want blank canvases, but still.  :roll:

And going with black on a dark background they have obviously tried to minimise the halo, but with the F2 tests we can get a pretty clear view of what the final devices will look like on the F1 cars  :31:

https://www.racefans.net/2018/02/14/pictures-f2-test-new-2018-car-snow-magny-cours/

Reply #5400
Now for Williams ... Yawn, looks absolutely identical except for the prominant black along the bottom. Again, there have been far better designs online.

Reply #5401
Not surprised, hope that Sauber and McLaren change their livery, maybe Force India again.

Leagues: F1 & FP     
Best Result:  3x1st (F2 Silverstone Season 15, FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18)
Best Q Result : 2x1st (FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18)

Reply #5402
No matter what color you make your Halo, it will still look as shit.
Season 8 Race of Champions Winner
PSGL Career: Grands Prixs entered - 193 | Race wins - 76 | Podiums - 130 | Points - 2026 | World Championships - 5

Reply #5403

Not surprised, hope that Sauber and McLaren change their livery, maybe Force India again.

McLaren going papaya colour I read.
F1 2017 F3 Stats | Races: 4 | Wins: 1 | Podiums: 2 | Pole Positions: 2 | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 26 | DNFs: 2
PSGL F1 2016 F6 Season 2 Constructors Champion
PSGL F1 2016 F6 Season 2 Drivers Runner Up
PSGL F1 2017 FP Season 1 Constructors Runner Up

PSGL F1 2017 FP Season 1 Drivers 3rd Place

Reply #5404
I like the Haas livery, though its more or less a more slick version of the debut 2016 one.

Williams... an all black design with the Martini stripes would have been pretty bad ass.

Guess they can concentrate more on fighting Sauber and Torro Rosso for the wooden spoon this year  :21:

[PSGL Career] Seasons: 4 Starts: 54 Poles: 1 Wins: 2 Podiums: 9 DNFs: 5 Fastest Laps: 5 Points: 289

Reply #5405
Thoughts on the McLaren livery? I really like it, punchy, modern, it obviously stands out, and it’s a nod to the teams history and heritage.

However, the car is a little sponsorship light innhe rear two thirds. And the car itself doesn’t look particularly sophisticated in the bargeboard/radiator/sidepod area. Hopefully this is a show car in that regard.

Reply #5406
It looks better on track, I'm not really a fan of the blue though.

Still, much better than last years "Spyker" effort.

Reply #5407
I like the blue. But really needs a sponsor on the side, it doesn't look like a Formula 1 car with all that enjoy space.