Skip to main content
Topic: Serie B Footballer Dies on the pitch today  (Read 1615 times) previous topic - next topic

Serie B Footballer Dies on the pitch today

All weekend football in Italy has been called off following the death of Livorno midfielder Piermario Morosini today, the Italian Football Federation said.

The 25-year-old, on loan from Serie A side Udinese, collapsed on the pitch during a second division game at Pescara and was later pronounced dead in hospital.

Morosini’s death comes just under a month after Bolton Wanderers midfielder Fabrice Muamba suffered a cardiac arrest during his side’s FA Cup quarter-final match with Tottenham, prompting calls for more stringent medical checks on footballers.

Really bad news and RIP Morosini :(

Re: Serie B Footballer Dies on the pitch today

Reply #1
Rip thats terrible. Should they ban football though.

My thoughts are with his friends and family.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reply #3
Nothing short of a travesty.

Strict health checks should be made on all players worldwide.. this is not good and lessons should be took to see how we can prevent more deaths like this.

My heart goes out to his family at this hard time, I wish them all the support in the world.

Reply #4

Nothing short of a travesty.

Strict health checks should be made on all players worldwide.. this is not good and lessons should be took to see how we can prevent more deaths like this.

My heart goes out to his family at this hard time, I wish them all the support in the world.

after muamba collapsed the whole villa team took a medical and found petrov had leukaemia :(

F1 Races - 62 / Race Wins - 2 / Pole Pos. - 2 / Podiums - 11

Reply #5
I thought the footballs teams really has strong medical stuff. Its so sad when this happens.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Reply #6
They have medical checks every two months in Italy. Sometimes, these things just happen. As sad as that it is.