Tried something different but didnt work. Didn't have the pace for a top 5 anyway
Got a good start but lost it in the second phase, losing loads of positions. Made some up thanks to others and ended up behind Venom. Little battle with Clyde then right behind venom again. I decided to pit early onto US to force the undercut which worked well. But i was carrying 2 pens for corner cutting. The gap hovered around the 5.5 sec mark. I caught Hulk up near the end, had a tussle for a couple of laps. Made a move and was put in the barrier, lost half my front wing race over. Im not sure what happened but judging by the silence and the fact he was carrying front end damage i assume he tapped me during a spin, or just took me out. Anyway on we go to Monza, what comes around goes around.
1. Will you be racing? Yes 2. Will we get another rain affected race? Hope not , im not good round here at the best of times 3. What are your hopes for this race? To finish, hopefully with a point or two 4. How many finishers will we have? 75% of starters 5. With just 5 races to go, what are your thoughts on the season so far? I've had some good races pace wise but failed to score a podium so far. The quality of the field is such that a 4th place for me is as good as a win 6. This race will take place just after the World Cup final, who are you supporting, if anyone? Yes, im watching as i type. Not too worried who wins as long as its a good game. So far ( france have just scored their 2nd) its been good
Did a 3 lap practice just to get my eye in. Went out on my second proper run, lit up the times with purple through first 2 sectors only to be blocked by my own team mate on the long right hander before the back straight. As a result had to start the race with 4 lap old SS
Had a good battle with miles for the first 5/8 laps. Pitted for S on lap 10 and spent the rest of the race looking at the back of blues car. Never really had a chance to overtake. Overall really happy with my race, I had some good pace and didnt even get one corner cut warning.
Cheers Irun, in hindsight probably should have given last night a miss.
No practice and it showed. On thursdays practice with Frome I managed a 1:27.6. A second off that last night.
Chose Softs to start on, got a good start, bit cautious so i didnt hit Dave into the first corner. Got tagged going into the 3rd corner which put me out wide down wellington. I'm not sure what happened at the left hander at the end. Lost it big time, spun into the barrier knocking my front wing off. By the time i'd slipped across the track no end of times i was 30 secs behind the next car and in danger of being lapped. Decided to pit and retire. Was willing to leave ps4 on in game til the end but got permission from grumps to leave.
1. Will you be racing? Yeah 2. Should we have had the extended break? I think next time we clash with a live f1 race, we should just race as normal. Canada was the most boring race i've seen for a number of years 3. Can anyone catch Irun and Josh? Probably not 4. Are you expecting a good result this weekend? Top 6 would be a great result for me 5. What is your favourite F1 season? '86 was good. Mansell was on fire and should have won the title. '88-'91 Senna v Prost. the golden generation of F1 imo, loved the hate those two had for each other
Had no wet set up so just went with a dry one with a few adjustments. I went out on high fuel just to see how the car felt. I think i did 4 full laps, each time going quicker. On my last full lap i just touched the curb at Eau Rouge/Raidlion which invalidated my lap. If it hadnt it would have been good enough for top 3.
WTF was all that at the start. Most were cautious at the first corner then BANG, all mayhem broke out. I ended up hitting a sideways Renault which resulted in yellow front wing damaged. I decided not to pit as i was keeping up with the two force indias in front of me. I took the gamble and pitted on lap 10 for SS and to change my wing. Wrong choice tbh. Kingdon pitted and came out on inters. I took 4 sec out of him straight away. Once i'd catch up it was like watching Jason Plato. Not only was he all over the road, and in one instant tried to knock me off the track at Stavelot, then again weaving all over the track, on and off at Eau Rouge. His lag was just awful. I had no real idea where he was, it was like he was brake checking me. Then again maybe it wasnt lag just his Touring car style driving. Anyway go by him in the end, put my head down but all those on Softs were quicker. Gained 5th through others mistakes but i'll take that bearing in mind i drove 10 laps with a damaged front wing.
1. Will you be racing? Hope so 2. Are you a fan of the Spa circuit? Yep, one of my favourites. 3. How has the start of the season went for you? Not too bad, picked up points every race. Disappointed with my team mate tbh. 4. What real life driver's career do you feel your own PSGL 'career' is most comparable to? Perez, mid field most of the time but every now and again is right up there 5. Would you drop Monaco from the calendar? No, there's more to racing than overtaking
I'm miles off the pace round here so just did a sighting lap. Even if i'd have hit my best TT time it would have only got me 13th. Watched a great lap by Dougie on what looked like no asists.
Decided to go with Mediums. Got a good start but was put off by the lagging McLaren. Not sure who it was but it was jumping all over the shop. Drove around for 16 lap then pitted for S just before Josh overtook me. Took me 11 laps to catch 10th but ran out of extra fuel trying. Followed Hulk over the line to finish 9th. From 18th on the grid not a bad result. The last time we raced this track in F4 i was 3rd, just over a second from 1st
Happy with that. Went out on a dry set up but with extra front wing. On 2nd run, took all the front wing off and drove a 100% dry set up and went 1 second faster. I have a feeling this could be my best qually of the season already
I chickened out of 1 stopping. I did some practice just before race start and my mediums were on 78% on lap 19. However the pace of grumps and Josh on those mediums were well ahead of anything i could have done. But I had a great race, battling all the time with different people, grumps, Josh, Gamefreak etc. Really enjoyed it but was on max concentration. Finishing only 16 sec of the lead was a big surprise and im very happy with that. On to Bahrain now, hate this track and im sooooo off the pace.
On a different note i should be getting this through the post today:
Overall happy with my wet pace. Melbourne isnt one of my best tracks so was only looking for a top ten. I got a stupid stop go pen on the first lap for overtaking a static grumps and a silly stop go for speeding in the pit lane. Without these and allowing 3 cars to pass on the final 2 laps due to pens i had built up, 4th may have been mine which was way way more than i could have expected before the off.
3. Do you think that some drivers are too quick for this division?
Its hard to tell after just one race. Yes there are some seriously fast guys now, Irun Josh and gamefreak. But last season was no different. Lars is up there with some of the quickest, as is Hulk, grumps and Blue. I do believe we need another sunday league to accommodate new and existing drivers who aren't quite as quick.
4. Favourite for the Brazilian grand prix?
5. What are you hoping to achieve in Brazil?
Might get top 6 if im lucky but will settle for another top ten
6. Will Mercedes now dominate the rest of the real life F1 season?
All depends on Lewis' state of mind. Bottas is looking better and better imo. Which probably means Danny Ric wil go to ferrari
No practice apart from 5 mins doing TT before the race. Didn't have a proper set up for dry let alone wet! I went with a hybrid set up and only managed one run which was scruffy to say the least.
Heart in mouth stuff again at the start. Went from 13th to 8th on the first lap but managed to get a 5 sec stop and go for nothing I held my ground on the wets, battling with Dave. By the time we switched to inters, a very quick pink scotsman had appeared behind me. I was trying to catch Dave whilst trying to pull away from Blue, which was really hard. I got by Dave and had to try everything to hold off blue. Once DRS was enabled i pitted for US but to my horror forgot to press my the pit limiter gaining another 5 sec stop go. I came out in front of blue and went about trying to open the gap. It was in this stage i got my 2 3sec pens for corner cutting. Near the end, i think lap 28 I let blue go, and hague and grumps as i knew i had 11 secs of pens to add. I think i would have finished 5th on the road without the pens so I'm more than happy with that. In the end I managed 8th or though I think i was robbed by 5secs of pens as i served one of my 5 secs stop goes in the pits.
Well done to Irun on the win and the rest of the podium. Its gonna be a hard season with the 3 amigos at the front plus all the other fast guys in this league. Its gonna be a cracker!!!!