Confirmed: Jamie sacked by Ferrari Today it has been confirmed that Jamie-995's disastrous stint with Ferrari was brought to a premature end after the events of Silverstone which saw him record his 3rd DNF of season 19 after just 8 races.
A spokesperson for Ferrari had this to say on the matter: "It is of course very sad to see him go like this in the middle of a season, especially after he finally atoned for his last season by getting that elusive title. But the results don't lie, 1 podium & qualifying inside the top 10 twice after 8 races simply isn't good enough, especially for a reigning champion, so a few decisions had to be made & of course it involved showing Jamie the exit door".
While there has been official confirmation yet on who will replace the washed up champion, there are heavy rumours going around that either shortbread or sambamkid could be in the frame to join BigC for the remaining 6 races.
1. Exactly what i expected it to be, shit & it'll only get worse. 2. Probably, especially since BigC will be missing multiple races. 3. Probably Jarod since we were so closely matched back in S12, but BigC, AliK & Oogie have all been good teammates in the past too. 4. Red Bull with the test livery
1. Remco 2. Cliffy 3. Renault 4. Present: Gamer, was regularly up at the front last season & was unlucky not to get the title. Past: Ali, was a great no.1 driver back in season 16 challenging for victories & the title while I was busy regularly qualifying outside the top 10 & being shit slow... Just like today.
Qualifying 17th: Oh look, I was sh*t in qualifying, shock horror!
Race 7th: Embarrassing driving from some in the opening 2 laps, but it got me into the points so I guess I shouldn't really complain. Had a few scary moments after my pitstop, one with a backmarker Renault & a wild Williams, but apart from that it was another mediocre drive for a few points.
Well done of course to my teammate on winning & the rest of the podium
Race 5th: Was too cautious trying to keep my nose clean & dropped a couple of places, was able to make my way back into the top 10 but after that it was a real struggle with a lack of pace even in these conditions. Both BigC & myself decided to risk a double intermediate stint during a period of full wet conditions since we basically had nothing to lose & although the transition back to intermediate conditions took longer than expected, 5th & 7th isn't too dreadful for us considering we were 13th & 14th at the end of lap 1.
1. The 1 race i did show up for went quite well, maintaining a 100% of winning every race i've been in & getting a title for it 2. The usual i guess, but i'll probably skip quali from now on 3. Would prefer it to remain Gr.3 4. Nope
Since there was no Maggiore thread, i'll post my race here instead.
1. Mixed 2. Jack, Oogie, BigC 3. BigC has regularly been a good driver to battle with in the past, i guess i'll go for Jack too since he's the only one i've actually had a proper battle with this season 4. Fat balding lorry driver
Qualifying 12th: Not a terrible lap, but probably shouldn't have changed the ballast for a very short stint of rain in the race.
Race DNF: Okay first lap, but then had to deal with Maxi driving like a clown as usual & then completely destroyed my own race by pitting in behind BigC when he had to serve a pointless stop go penalty. Race was pretty much over after that, stuck behind slower drivers, pretty sure the slipstream glitch was in effect too & eventually got taken out by a wild Josh.
Just have to hope for a much better race at Austria next week.
Qualifying 3rd: Not a spectacular lap, but was certainly helped massively by track position during the transition to wet weather.
Race 2nd: Steady 1st stint, gambled on the SS tyres in the 2nd stint, not sure if it really helped but I obviously got up to 2nd by the time we pitted for inters & had to contend with Jack for the rest of the race. At the time I thought we were battling for the win until I realised that myself & Ash had desynced for each so was a little deflated afterwards, but still a good result & overall performance compared to Australia.
1. Results wise it couldn't have gone any better 2. Same as before, to win both titles 3. Depends on a few things, whether or not it remains a GT3 championship, the size & overall quality of the field. 4. Pretty decent, although not a firm favourite 5. Mountain