Skip to main content
Topic: F5 Round five Great Britain (Read 204 times) previous topic - next topic

F5 Round five Great Britain

Last time out in Belgium F5 was the most watched race in PSGL in that week & it didn't disappoint as the heavens opened over the circuit during qualifying & the race. It was a dominant performance in both sessions by BRANTHEMANGLOVER who took pole by over a second & won the race by 30 seconds. That result means now BRANTHEMANGLOVER is now only 2 points behind championship leader TomAJ91 who could only secure a 4th place. Despite the dominant win it was an really exciting race to watch in the very wet conditions with every position from 2nd to 10th being contested. The battling was ferocious from start to finish which resulted in some casualties & out of all of this @hmfc22 secured his first ever podium & making it a Mercedes 1 2 wich has now made the constructors championship very interesting.

for round five we head to what many people consider the home of formula 1 that is Silverstone. Just like in Belgium the weather has regularly played it's part during the event which after his dominant performance in Belgium could favour BRANTHEMANGLOVER. There's a now a large gap in terms of points between the top two & the rest of the field so can anyone else make a statement at Silverstone? F5 has been a really exciting championship to watch this season & surely Silverstone will not disappoint.

1. Will you be attending the race?
2. How do you feel about your result in the last race?
3. What result are you hoping for at Silverstone?
4. What's your favourite sport other than F1?
5. Thoughts on Canadian GP?

Re: F5 Round five Great Britain

Reply #1

1. Will you be attending the race?  Yes
2. How do you feel about your result in the last race? Happy shouldn’t of got 3rd but ya I’m happy with it
3. What result are you hoping for at Silverstone? A podium
4. What's your favourite sport other than F1? Football
5. Thoughts on Canadian GP? Lap 1 was good but the most of it was boring.

Reply #2
1. Yes
2. Feel lucky. Had 0 pace and coasted in 11th the whole race. Penalties gave me 9th at the line
3. Same result i expect every race...bring the car home.
4. Hockey even though my team is a disgrace
5. Disappointed a bear didnt maul vettel

Reply #3
1. Will you be attending the race?  Yes
2. How do you feel about your result in the last race? Satisfied with 5th - solid points on debut
3. What result are you hoping for at Silverstone? Any points finish will be a good result - Silverstone isn't a good track for me
5. Thoughts on Canadian GP? Boring!! Had the first 40 laps recorded so fast forwarded through them and saved some pain

Reply #4
1. Will you be attending the race? Yes, looking forward to it.
2. How do you feel about your result in the last race? It could have been better, but i'm happy about 6th place in my debut.
3. What result are you hoping for at Silverstone? I will be hoping for a podium, but i'm not sure about my pace around Silverstone.
4. What's your favourite sport other than F1? Hard to decide, but maybe football or basketball.
5. Thoughts on Canadian GP? A little disappointing to be honest.

Reply #5
1. Will you be attending the race? Yes, my first race.
2. How do you feel about your result in the last race? N/A
3. What result are you hoping for at Silverstone? To at least get some points in my first race. I don't know how my pace compares to the other drivers yet, so it's hard to set a goal.
5. Thoughts on Canadian GP? Pretty uneventful.

Reply #6
[
1. Will you be attending the race? Yes, debut in f5
2. How do you feel about your result in the last race? N/A
3. What result are you hoping for at Silverstone? I'm just hoping for a points finish on my debut. Although Silverstone is my home grand prix it's one of my least favourites.
5. Thoughts on Canadian GP? One of the worst races I've ever watched in real life
[/quote]
Have 2 friends in f3, recommended me to join. Also I've watched the streams...big fan:)

Reply #7
[
1. Will you be attending the race? Yes
2. How do you feel about your result in the last race? Annoyed to have missed out on a podium last time out. Feel like I deserved one.
3. What result are you hoping for at Silverstone? 5th or above, as Britain is pretty much my worst track.
4. What's your favourite sport other than F1? Tennis
5. Thoughts on Canadian GP? Rubbish, I only watched the highlights and even they where boring
[/quote]

Reply #8
1) yes ill be there
2) i was very happy with second not only for myself but the constructors points helped a lot for the team and as I'm part of the team that one it last season i want to keep it
3)I'm hoping for a podium if not sold points if dry if its wet the wins on
4)football
5) terrible grand prix the drs zone was in the wrong place and the tyres have been a joke this season

Reply #9
race result 6 th

about where i was pace wise i have to admit i hate silverstone i just can't hook up a lap ever more points was the best i could hope for i got held up by melvin early on and could get past him i was also badly blocked by my team mate in the pits as he had to change he's front wing as well as having to make a second stop so all in all 6 th was good in a race if I'm honest I'm just happy to finish we move to spain where i again will be slow

Reply #10
Race result : 5th

After a lacklustre qualifying where I made mistakes on both runs, I just hoped to have an error free race. Starting P9 in damp conditions, I had to follow Jaychitects until the track dried enough for dry tyres. Pitting at the end of lap 7 I opted for mediums and hoped to go to the flag. I rejoined the circuit up 3 positions in P6, with cars on faster tyres behind me. I knew they were on different strategies so didn't fight too hard, but didn't make it too easy when they came to pass. With the two stoppers pitting for fresh tyres I found myself in P5 and with a 20 second gap to P6 so just nursed the tyres to the flag. I struggle with Silverstone so this was a great result for me!

Reply #11
Qual - 10th

Meh, not worth talking about

Race - 9th

Had a decent start but I struggled in the wet weather particularly in the period when the track was drying & lost touch with the leading pack. When the DRS was enabled I pitted for the M's & I saw that people in front of me pitted for the SS's. At any other track that strategy would of worked but I'm not quick round Silverstone so after they pitted they were soon back past me. I think it wouldn't of mattered what strategy I did P9 was the best I was gonna get.

Spa & Silverstone are not good tracks for me but I'm happy to get 5 points from the races so I'll take it

Reply #12
Qualifying: 6th
Not bad, considering I'm really not a fan of Silverstone. I still felt as though I could've found much more time though.

Race: DNF
Pretty disastrous. Had an awful start, so I was down to 8th from lap 1. The wet stint was fine - I closed right up to the cars in 6th & 7th, but couldn't get past. When the track got dry, I pit but forgot to change strategy to Mediums - meaning I'd have to have the pace to stop again, which I don't around Silverstone. I made an overtake to get 7th, but then later on got orange wing damage when battling for 6th. I decided to pit, but I had the change front wing option on Auto, and apparently orange damage isn't enough for them to change my wing. So, I came out the pits still with a broken front wing and a 5 second stop go that I got for speeding in the pit lane from my first stop. There was no way I was going to get points at that point, and I'd lost all motivation to keep going, so I parked the car up and retired. Spain should be much better, hopefully.