Skip to main content
Topic: [F1] Season 20 - Round 5: Britain (04/06/18) (Read 174 times) previous topic - next topic

[F1] Season 20 - Round 5: Britain (04/06/18)

Round 5: Britain

After another dominant performance by Ash in Spa, he extends the lead to Oogie to 32 points (a fault in the car mid-race was discovered and was deemed to be too dangerous to continue for Oogie), but only leads by 30 points to JackLacey who took advantage of the situation with Oogie's car. McLaren now lead by 40 points in the constructors after a staggering performance at Spa. But now we move from one legend to another, in the form of Silverstone.

Silverstone has been seen in every season of F1, but not in the same state. The track underwent many changes to reach its current form, but it still retains its excitement nevertheless. This is no different in PSGL, as we saw in season 1 an exciting race in the wet conditions, and in season 2 a controversial lapped car almost ruining the battle for the lead and the title leader at the time retiring. Even though the lap times are pretty low, about 1.26's and 1.27's, the track is the third longest on the calendar, only beaten by Spa and Baku, the 5.891km track with its 20 corners should see some speedy action with hopefully another exciting race. Last season the championship leader crashed which flipped the whole championship on its head, will we see that again on Monday?

This man has seen it all, from the treacherous conditions of the wet in season 1 to the controversial battle for the win in season 2, join GamingAlimonda to witness another exciting race in season 3 of PSGL F1!

Lobby Settings

Host: Ash
Time: 8pm
Qualifying: Short
Damage: Full
Weather: Dynamic
Parc Ferme: On
Safety Car: Off
Formation Lap: Off
AI Difficulty: 90
All assists allowed EXCEPT braking assist and both pit assists.

Questions
1.) Will this race mix the championship up?
2.) Is the championship leader cursed on this track?
3.) Should Silverstone stay after 2019 or do you think that there needs to be a new British Grand Prix?
4.) Do you prefer there being a safety car or do you think you perform better without it?
5.) If there was one thing you could change about real life F1 what would it be?

Re: [F1] Season 20 - Round 5: Britain (04/06/18)

Reply #1
Probably another domination by ash
He’s good on any track😂
3.) Should Silverstone stay after 2019 or do you think that there needs to be a new British Grand Prix?
Don’t know really 🤔
4.) Do you prefer there being a safety car or do you think you perform better without it?
It’s more skill based without but I think with safety car the race would be more exciting and we would see different winners in the season
5.) If there was one thing you could change about real life F1 what would it be?
Changing Palmer with hamilton

Reply #2
No. Not unless Ash crashes, which I can't see happening.

I don't think so.

It's a great track and it should stay. Brands Hatch isn't suitable for F1 cars, and Silverstone is just better than Donnington so why remove it?

I prefer a SC. It works both for and against you over the course of a game and it allows people who aren't the fastest to make good strategy calls and win races.  Currently you pretty much get what your pace warrants, like cc said, it's more skill based but not necessarily more fun.

I'd tell the FIA to stop killing innovation.
F3/2/A Stats | Races: 54 | Wins: 8 | Podiums: 17 | Poles: 9 | Points: 377 | Best WDC finish: 2nd (F3 S17&18) | Best WCC finish: 1st (x3) |
F1 Stats | Races: 18 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 1 | Poles: 0 | Points: 90 | Best WDC finish: 5th | Best WCC finish: 6th |
FP Drivers Champion Season 18 | F3 Constructors Champions Season 16, 17, & 18 | FP Constructors Champions Season 18

Reply #3
1. Anything is possible

2. No

3. Sliverstone has to stay too much history

4. Not very realistic without one think the game would be not bad if the S C worked bit rubbish without it

5 . The halo

Reply #4
1. Hopefully, I think a DNF or two for Ash would be good for the championship.

2. Hopefully but he will probably win.

3. It's the home of British motorsport.

4. Regardless, the SC spices things up and gives the races some much needed unpredictability. Hopefully it's fixed for '18 as I can't bare another three seasons with out it.

5. Felipe back in Ferrari lol

| F1 Stats | Races: 116 | Points: 1246 | Podiums: 81| Poles: 54 | Best finish: 1st (x41) |

Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|

Reply #5
Q 13 started outside top 10 for better strat

R 12 Pushed off track and wing damage lap 1 GAME OVER

Reply #6
Q: 2nd, R: 10th

Considering I got on the PS4 20 mins before the race, to do 26.9 I was very happy with. Race start was disappointing after contact with @qprbeasts987, made the right call to go on softs but struggled a bit when it got properly slippy, so pit too early so race ruined from that moment.

Promising pace considering no practice, but probably shows practice is overrated, at least for me anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbfwUh5DWmo

| F1 Stats | Races: 116 | Points: 1246 | Podiums: 81| Poles: 54 | Best finish: 1st (x41) |

Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|