Skip to main content
Topic: [F1] Season 19 - Round 2: Malaysian Grand Prix (15/01/18) (Read 548 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [F1] Season 19 - Round 2: Malaysian Grand Prix (15/01/18)

Reply #16
1.) What do you make of the league's inability to conduct a clean first lap?
I think its because people arent spending

2.) Top 3 finishers on Monday?
Jack, Paudie, Irun

3). Who impressed you the most in Melbourne?
My brake pedal.

4). How important or unimportant is 'experience' in league racing?
It isnt necessary when it comes to pace. But when it comes to being the complete package, very much so.

5). Who is the man to stop BigC?
Theres still lots of time, but I think the Force India's will be close if they can fix their qualifying form

F1 2015 - Wins: 3
F1 2016 - Wins: 14

Reply #17
Not gonna make it tonight guys, Have fun and take care!
Season 8 Race of Champions Winner
PSGL Career: Grands Prixs entered - 193 | Race wins - 76 | Podiums - 130 | Points - 2026 | World Championships - 5

Reply #18
Well done on the win Ash! Must be a great feeling. Great strategy from you!

Reply #19
Congrats Ash, very impressive in your 2nd race in F1!
Was a very enjoyable race to watch!

Leagues: F1 & FP     
Best Result:  3x1st (F2 Silverstone Season 15, FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18)
Best Q Result : 2x1st (FP Russia Season 18, FP Spain Season 18)

Reply #20
Thanks everyone! Hopefully you guys enjoyed watching the race!

Reply #21
Q: 5th, another good showing in quali in the tricky conditions

R: 11th, One of the more boring races I've done. Which sounds weird considering how close I was to other cars, but I couldn't get close in a straight line at all, it was hopeless, I think I made one overtake all race and it was when Maxi made a mistake :/

Should have pitted with Joel, managed to get yellow damage the lap before we pitted for inters costing me 7 or 8 seconds in the pits, a couple of small errors ruined it. But I was far from the only one to make a mess of it. I had some pace as well, so very disappointing overall. Even when I came out on SS before the rain, there was no way past BigC, he didn't make a mistake in the corners that I could capitalise on, and he ran away on the straights. If I had gone for less wing, it might have been an excellent piece of strategy, but alas.

Annoyed at myself. That's now the 4th time in 5 "Round 2 races" that I've failed to score at, it's my cursed round I think. Brazil has been kind to me in the past, hoping for a better showing there.

Well done again to Ash, excellent execution of the strategy.
F3/2/A Stats | Races: 54 | Wins: 8 | Podiums: 17 | Poles: 9 | Points: 377 | Best WDC finish: 2nd (F3 S17&18) | Best WCC finish: 1st (x3) |
F1 Stats | Races: 6 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 1 | Poles: 0 | Points: 34 |
FP Drivers Champion Season 18 | F3 Constructors Champions Season 16, 17, & 18

Reply #22
Qualified 10th, Finished 8th

Sadly came out a bit too late for my flying lap which meant track conditions hit me a bit hard, still a rare top 10 qualifying position for me, but may have been better placed out of the top 10 considering the forecast of mixed conditions for the race.

Made a terrific start and got up to 8th, and attempted an early undercut on the train of Joel, BigC, AMS ahead. Managed to get the latter two and had massive pressure on my 2nd stint trying to keep BigC behind, whilst trying to pass Greeny ahead. With Joel in close proximity I had to judge this well to avoid losing too much time queuing and chose to stick to my track position in DRS behind Greeny, and worked out well as I stayed ahead of BigC after the final round of pitstops onto the inters.

Managed to nab P8 off Lordy after Greeny passed him so it was a good opportunistic drive to get some points! Well done to the podium finishers, to my teammate on a great drive to P6 and also Ashbest on his first F1 win. Many more to come I'm sure :)
| F1 Stats | Races: 157 | Points: 1383 | Podiums: 83 | Poles: 8 | Best finish: 1st (x27) |

| Triple World Champion | Constructors Champion with Sauber (x2) | Updated after S18 Abu Dhabi |

Twitter: @IrunF1 | Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/7thGearRL

Reply #23
Q 2 very happy with lap

R 15 disconnected from race GAME OVER

Reply #24
Q: 6th
Managed a decent lap in the changing conditions. Lost a bit of time when Luke spun in S3 but didn’t lose too much.

R: 14th
Lap 1 got bombarded into T1 by some drivers and lucky not to get damage. T2 picked up damage from Irun and then into T3 I apparently brake checked another driver. From there the pace wasn’t there with the damage but in the wet I was able to be more competitive but it was too late by that point.

All in all a very disappointing result and a bit of an eye opener for myself. Disappointed with some drivers on the grid but thaats life. On to Brazil, a track where I traditionally run quite well. Hoping to get my season back on course.
F1 Stats
PSGL | Races: 53 | Poles: 12 | Wins: 7 | Podiums: 19 | Championships: 0 | Points: 354
Championship position: 9th
F3 Season 16 Constructors Champion

Reply #25
Q: 4th

Got out got my lap done. messed up last corner so kinda annoyed i didn’t get second which was easily on the cards!

R: 6th

Unreal! For a driver like myself a great result to prove my worth in tricky conditions over both sessions. So yeah really chuffed with the 5 points! Shame i couldn’t keep Cliffy behind but i done my best for the guts of 5 laps.

A special mention to Paudie i think is needed. Showed great pace all week and backed it up come qualli, so really sorry for him to see his race ending how it did but keep the head up chap i know that round will be a blow to the system, but you’ll bounce back!

And also a special mention to Ash congrats on your first ever F1 win, it’s a special feeling and to do it from 15th is excellent. As a driver who has won from last on the grid a couple seasons ago (13th ;)) i know what it’ll mean to him. Congrats mate!

Congrats to everyone happy with their performance and to those who aren’t, unlucky and good luck next week!

Ps.. DOUBLE POINTS FINISH FOR RENAULT WOOO ;)

Reply #26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAKVqRGsoN0&

| F1 Stats | Races: 116 | Points: 1246 | Podiums: 81| Poles: 54 | Best finish: 1st (x41) |

Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|

Reply #28
Q15:
Invalidated my lap on my first run, pit in after that to put some inters on and get some wet weather testing, eventually I managed 15th.
R1:
Well... I don't think anybody would have expected me to win from there but it wasn't easy. I started on Softs and was hoping to last them till the rain. Next, I got off the line better than most, jumped 2 people getting into 13th, soon enough I made my way up to Hellboy in 10th. I decided to be patient, wait for the right opportunity to strike, eventually, I got past him, then I started chasing AMS/BigC in 9th and 8th. Once I caught up to them, I was in P4 because of the SS runners having to pit, and stayed behind AMS for a couple of laps, BigC pit and soon after I made the move on AMS, putting me in the lead of the race. By then, I just focused on keeping my tyres healthy and getting away from cliffy, he had to pit on lap 15 so I relaxed. One thing that was regularly happening was jamie's desynced car getting in my way, was annoying but oh well. Cutting to lap 18, rain had come, still in P1, I pit and came out about 8 seconds up the road to 2nd. From there on to the finish I was being careful, didn't want to make any mistakes and got myself across the line in 1st, doing a Friso OVER the line.

Also this McLaren is getting heavy, REMCO I NEED YOU!!!

Reply #29

Also this McLaren is getting heavy, REMCO I NEED YOU!!!

No worries, I'll smash em all out of the way for you next race ;)
Season 8 Race of Champions Winner
PSGL Career: Grands Prixs entered - 193 | Race wins - 76 | Podiums - 130 | Points - 2026 | World Championships - 5

Reply #30
Qualifying 3rd: Not a spectacular lap, but was certainly helped massively by track position during the transition to wet weather.

Race 2nd: Steady 1st stint, gambled on the SS tyres in the 2nd stint, not sure if it really helped but I obviously got up to 2nd by the time we pitted for inters & had to contend with Jack for the rest of the race. At the time I thought we were battling for the win until I realised that myself & Ash had desynced for each so was a little deflated afterwards, but still a good result & overall performance compared to Australia.

Well done of course to both Ash & Jack.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/_wevU6PrNVI[/youtube]
| Formula NAC | Races - 42 | Poles - 8 | Wins - 20 | Podiums - 35 | Season 14, 15 & 16 Drivers Champion | Season 14, 15 & 16 Constructors Champion |
| Formula 1 | Races - 72 | Poles - 4 | Wins - 12 | Podiums - 36 | Season 18 Drivers Champion | Season 13 & 16 Constructors Champion |
| GT Sport | Races - 16  | Poles - 4 | Wins - 13 | Podiums - 15 | Season 1 Drivers Champion | Season 1 Constructors Champion |
| YouTube - jamie-995 | Twitter - @F4H_Jamie |