Skip to main content
Topic: [F1] Season 19 - Round 2: Malaysian Grand Prix (15/01/18) (Read 549 times) previous topic - next topic

[F1] Season 19 - Round 2: Malaysian Grand Prix (15/01/18)

[glow=blue,2,300]Round 2: Malaysian Grand Prix

The 19th PSGL F1 season kicked off in dramatic fashion with yet another start incident. A familiar face dominated from the front as BigC claimed his 41st win in the league ahead of xJackLacey and debutant AMS97F1. NPyne impressed with an alternative strategy while the likes of Oogie Azeem, GreenyLFC and MaxiLuca, like always, failed to capitalise on their strong raw pace.

For potentially the final time, F1 heads to Kuala Lumpur to the hot and humid Sepang International Circuit. With rain likely and the sun glaring in your eyes, it's a tough challenge for all of the drivers.

Catch all the action live with Gaming Alimonda and qprbeasts987 on January 15, at 8pm BST.

Lobby Settings
Host: NPyne_35
Time: 8pm
Qualifying: Short
Damage: Full
Weather: Dynamic
Parc Ferme: On
Safety Car: Off
Formation Lap: Off
AI Difficulty: 90
All assists allowed EXCEPT braking assist and both pit assists.

Questions
1.) What do you make of the league's inability to conduct a clean first lap?
2.) Top 3 finishers on Monday?
3). Who impressed you the most in Melbourne?
4). How important or unimportant is 'experience' in league racing?
5). Who is the man to stop BigC?

Previous Malaysian Grand Prix Winners

Season 6 : Red_Neville
Season 9 : Con_Reece
Season 11 : BigC_019
Season 12: Jamie995
Season 14: BigC_019
Season 16: AliK_17

| F1 Stats | Races: 116 | Points: 1246 | Podiums: 81| Poles: 54 | Best finish: 1st (x41) |

Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|

Re: [F1] Season 19 - Round 2: Malaysian Grand Prix (15/01/18)

Reply #1
What do you make of the league's inability to conduct a clean first lap?
It happens, australia is usually a shit show from other leagues ive been in so its not a big deal, im sure malaysia will be cleaner
BigC, Cliffy, Maxi
Cliffy
Its very important, no point being in the top tier of a league if you’ve never raced wheel to wheel with anyone before
Not sure at the moment

Reply #2

I don't think it's a concern in the first race, hopefully it improves.

Cliffy, BigC and Oogie

BigC, I didn't expect to be able to hang onto him but I was surprised by just how much he pulled away once I turned my car down to standard. I don't expect that sort of pace difference to be present again, but we will see I suppose.

It definitely counts, to a point. It's one thing to be fast in time trial and another thing to convert that over to a season of racing. Racing is about more than outright pace, you need to the experience and knowledge that comes from competing in many races, it helps in terms of being clean, consistent and with the race craft.

The reason I say "to a point" is because once you've done 50-100 races I think you will have encountered enough to be able to deal with almost anything. You'll have had SC's, wet races, come back races, leading from the front, defending hard, changing conditions etc. a few times. It can depend on the individual ultimately though.

Cliffy I reckon.
F3/2/A Stats | Races: 54 | Wins: 8 | Podiums: 17 | Poles: 9 | Points: 377 | Best WDC finish: 2nd (F3 S17&18) | Best WCC finish: 1st (x3) |
F1 Stats | Races: 6 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 1 | Poles: 0 | Points: 34 |
FP Drivers Champion Season 18 | F3 Constructors Champions Season 16, 17, & 18

Reply #3
1)dont start near me
2)Maxi, cliffy, skeevan
3)hellboy, very hard to keep up with him
4)bwoah
5)MERCEDES
S17 Constructors' Champion

Reply #4
It's the opening race of the season, and it was reported that the session was laggy in the opening laps - so I wouldn't say it's the league's inability to conduct a clean first lap. Should it reoccur more frequently in the subsequent races, then it'd be alarming! So I'd advise all drivers to take more caution in future in the opening laps.

BigC, Jack and Oogie

3). Who impressed you the most in Melbourne? Nick's strategic drive from outside the top 10 was really impressive, as well as most of the newer guys making their debut in the F1 League (e.g. AMS, Ash, Likkleblocks)

4). How important or unimportant is 'experience' in league racing? Experience counts for nothing unless you can put it to use.

5). Who is the man to stop BigC? I think there's some really fast drivers out there, in terms of Ashbest, Oogie, Cliffy etc, but we'll get a clearer picture of that after a few races.
| F1 Stats | Races: 157 | Points: 1383 | Podiums: 83 | Poles: 8 | Best finish: 1st (x27) |

| Triple World Champion | Constructors Champion with Sauber (x2) | Updated after S18 Abu Dhabi |

Twitter: @IrunF1 | Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/7thGearRL

Reply #5
I wouldn’t really call it an inability when it’s the first race of the season with drivers who have been promoted and debuted at Australia.

1st) BigC 2nd) Skeevan 3rd) Oogie

Imo jack. I know he’s a champion but the fact he managed to come home 2nd after the season he had before it really did impress me. He seems a lot quicker and composed now so he’s definitely a real threat this season.

Very. Although recent events including myself has me doubting whether experience is key. As long as you have half a brain cell and can go side by side with someone and respect them then experience doesn’t matter. Not only that me and Ollie proved that last season at silverstone with the fantastic racing we had side by side. As newcomers to f1 we put on a great show for everyone watching so it was really good to be apart of that battle. Hopefully I can top that this season!

I’ve seen what other people have put for this and everyone’s included myself. Malaysia is a tough track to nail so not bottling is key. In terms of who can stop BigC? I reckon the likes of Oogie, jack, ash, Oogie, Greeny, Skeevan even my team mate maxi. Anyone on their day can win races so it won’t be as easy as Australia. I for one isnt going to make it easy for BigC ;)
See you all at malaysia and good luck!!

Reply #6
1. Australia is just one of those tracks unfortunately where lap 1 carnage is pretty common, it'll become a big concern again though if it constantly carries on like last season.
2. BigC, Cliffy, Oogie
3. Cliffy
4. Experience can be very important, if you learn from previous mistakes of course.
5. Most likely Cliffy
| Formula NAC | Races - 42 | Poles - 8 | Wins - 20 | Podiums - 35 | Season 14, 15 & 16 Drivers Champion | Season 14, 15 & 16 Constructors Champion |
| Formula 1 | Races - 72 | Poles - 4 | Wins - 12 | Podiums - 36 | Season 18 Drivers Champion | Season 13 & 16 Constructors Champion |
| GT Sport | Races - 16  | Poles - 4 | Wins - 13 | Podiums - 15 | Season 1 Drivers Champion | Season 1 Constructors Champion |
| YouTube - jamie-995 | Twitter - @F4H_Jamie |

Reply #7
Games Fault with a dash of impatience

Bigc cliffy ams

AMS

6 years still shit😂

No one this year i’m afraid

Reply #8
It always seems to happen more often in the opening races. It’s frustrating when you’re involved but when you’re not then it’s good to capitalise.

Cliffy, BigC and AMS

I was impressed with my teammate getting a podium on debut.

I think it’s important but not essential. If you have racecraft then you can fit in but the “experience” is what can win you races, championships etc.

I’m not sure yet but I feel a few can, if they can step up.
F1 Stats
PSGL | Races: 53 | Poles: 12 | Wins: 7 | Podiums: 19 | Championships: 0 | Points: 354
Championship position: 9th
F3 Season 16 Constructors Champion

Reply #9
Don’t worry, I’m still commentating, just fancied answering the questions as they’re relevant to commentary.

1) It obviously doesn’t exactly put the league up in lights when you see 4 people crashing off at turn 1 every race, but it certainly adds to the action of faster drivers fighting back through the field and slower drivers out front. The drivers involved know who they are and for their own good need to work on keeping their starts cleaner

2) BigC, Cliffy, Maxi.

3) Definitely AMS, with a beautiful debut drive. However the likes of BigC, Lordy, Jack and Nic also had impressive races in their own right.

4) A little bit is important, but past that point, talent, pace and racecraft is what actually delivers you results. Experience just gains you respect - usually. Being really experienced is pointless if you’re very slow.

5) No one.
F1 League Stats:
Seasons Participated in: 3 (S15, S16, S18) Starts: 27 Wins: 2 Podiums: 6 Poles: 0 Points: 136 DNFs: 5 SEASON 18 CONSTRUCTORS CHAMPION - BigC_019 and qprbeasts987 - Toro Rosso - 166 points

Reply #10
1. Sim damage the only way to force people to race fairly especially with no safety car

2. Skeevan , jack lacey , cliffy

3. AMS

4. It couldn't hurt

5. Will be difficult to beat this year but a few have the potential to run him close so all to play for

Reply #11
That's why we are the Prime Tier of PSGL

Once again too close to call

Jamie's rear is more flexible than I would imagine

With more expirience, comes greater rage quits

That's usually the question we ask after just 1 Round
Season 8 Race of Champions Winner
PSGL Career: Grands Prixs entered - 193 | Race wins - 76 | Podiums - 130 | Points - 2026 | World Championships - 5

Reply #12
1. Not surprised, im used to shite racing now
2. Anyone that uses medium traction
3. AMS
4. Don't mean shit if you can't get good results
5. HDE

F1 Stats - Races: 45 - Podiums: 12 - Poles: 5 - Wins: 2
x1 F1 Champion
Leave me alone, I know what im doing

Reply #13
1.) Partly the games fault, partly the drivers. Hopefully, things can improve moving forward.7

2.) Cliffy, Maxi, Jamie.

3). In quali, Greeny and Maxi. In the race, AMS did a fine job.

4). I think experience in any walk of life is important and can prepare you for certain situations or scenarios, but perhaps too much experience reduces the desire you have or keeps you stubborn or stuck in a certain path. As someone who has a lot of experience in league racing and in PSGL, I certainly feel in race situations, starts, racing wheel to wheel it helps me and to ultimately get a result at the end of the day.

5). There's lots of fast drivers on the grid. I don't feel I have a pace advantage over anyone anymore, but in terms of wheel to wheel, and getting results I feel I am one of the best. Again, there's probably faster drivers than me but they don't have the experience or 'nouse' to get the job done. Oogie, Cliffy and Jack are the standout candidates to challenge, but there's lots of others fast enough to do so.

| F1 Stats | Races: 116 | Points: 1246 | Podiums: 81| Poles: 54 | Best finish: 1st (x41) |

Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|

Reply #14
It's a street circuit, of course it could've been cleaner but no one is coming out alive in lap 1 on Australia.
Jack, Cliffy and Maxi
AMS, really good pace, my F3 rival so hopefully I can comeback.
Experience is needed to be a good driver, to race wheel-to-wheel and do strategic maneuvers on people is very important in racing and without that you are pretty easy to defend against, this is only my 4th season in league racing and I've learned a lot, hopefully F1 can give me experience that I would've never imagined.
LittleC

Reply #15
1. Predictable but extremely frustrating to have your qualifying thrown out the window but idiots thinking a race is won at turn 1
2. Jack, Cliffy, Oogie
3. Jack and Ash
4. If you put it to use then very important
5. Jack or Cliffy but only if they escape Monaco ahead or marginally behind Big C