* F1 2017

F1 2017 League Details
   Current Season Dates
   Start: 8 January 2018
   End: 22 April 2018

General Race Format
   Each race event consists of a 15 minute qualifying session, followed by a 50% race
   with dynamic weather and parc fermé on

F1 / F2 / F3 / F4 / F5 / F6
   League Format

These leagues allow the use of all assists and use equal performance cars to provide
   a level playing field for all racing

FP League Format    This league uses 2017 performace levels with car allocations periodically changing to
   offer close racing irrespective of pace

FE League Format    Our hardcore league format offering drivers a full race distance experience
   FC League Format    Our newest league, making the most of the heritage of the sport and allowing racers to
   compete in classic cars

1st – 16 pts / 2nd – 12pts / 3rd – 10 pts / 4th – 8 pts / 5th – 6pts / 6th – 5 pts
   7th – 4pts / 8th – 3 pts / 9th – 2 pts / 10th – 1 pt
Current League Champions
F1
Jamie-995
F2
?
F3
ashbest122
F4
Cheater-Cheater-Cheater
F5
alex49488
F6
BUA9
FP
AMS97F1

Author Topic: [F5] Round 1 - Australia - Melbourne - 13/1/2018  (Read 155 times)

Curtoise_44

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Curtoise_95
  • F1 Team: Mercedes
  • FIFA Club Position: CAM
  • FIFA Club: Liverpool
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 24
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 2
  • F1 2017 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
[F5] Round 1 - Australia - Melbourne - 13/1/2018
« on: January 10, 2018, 10:25:34 am »
[F5] Round 1 - Australia - Melbourne - 13/1/2018

Another season for F5 is about to begin once again and we are here for the Australian GP, where it has been the 1st race of the calendar for a few years now as there is a new driver to take the Drivers Championship Crown, which is what all the drivers will be aiming for but also with it is the Constructors Championship where a number of teams will want this trophy added to their PSGL trophy cabinet.

We will venture 28 laps around Albert Park with high hopes for some drivers to start of their season with a smashing start. Where this track on this game is hard to overtake even with DRS, which will be 2 available times to use it going into T1 and T3, which is 2 of the heavy braking zones other than Turn 13, also be looking for main overtaking opportunities at all these sections, from the run to the corners. Also we will see what strategy will be better a 1 or 2 stop race! But who will take the 1st win of the season? Who is going to set the pace? Loads more questions to answer, be sure to join with me at 8 live on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMrcrWoqvy-4_o9dkcDGkxw

Pre-Race Questions

1. Who are you looking to beat come the end of the season?
2. Who will be on the podium for Australia?
3. I asked this last week, but please answer again as we have new drivers. What are your aims for the end of the season?
4. What are your views of the Australian track and being the 1st race of the calendar?
5. What new things would you like me to add to the Formula 5 thread?

bananajosh

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: bananajosh1
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • Main League: Formula 5
  • My Favourite Game: Gran Turismo
  • Likes Given: 17
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 3
  • F1 2017 - F5 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1 F1 2016 - F6 Drivers Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2016 - F6 Constructors Champion - Season 3
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [F5] Round 1 - Australia - Melbourne - 13/1/2018
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 12:01:12 pm »
1. Who are you looking to beat come the end of the season? Jameswood
2. Who will be on the podium for Australia? Me Rotard and JP
3. I asked this last week, but please answer again as we have new drivers. What are your aims for the end of the season? Top 5
4. What are your views of the Australian track and being the 1st race of the calendar? You know it's my home gp and I was in that front row start but I want to get pole and a race win and yes
5. What new things would you like me to add to the Formula 5 thread? Driver Of The Day

F6: (F1 2016) S1 McLaren driver (F1 2016) S2 Ferrari driver (F1 2016) S2 driver runner-up & F6 S2 constructors title (Ferrari)
F5: (F1 2017) S1 McLaren driver (F1 2017) S1 3rd in constructors (McLaren) (F1 2017) S2 McLaren driver
F1 total: 21 races 0 wins 3 podium 10 top 5 finished 16 top 10 finished 5 DNF 5 DNS 0 WDC 1 WCC
GT Sport total: 8 races 0 wins 0 podiums 1 top 5 finished 4 top 10 finished 2 DNF 0 DNS 0 WDC 0 WCC

jameswood129

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: jameswood129
  • Likes Given: 0
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 03:38:43 pm »
1. Who are you looking to beat come the end of the season? That slow arrogant Australian guy (bananajosh).
2. Who will be on the podium for Australia? Probably not me so I don’t really care who finishes on the podium.
3. I asked this last week, but please answer again as we have new drivers. What are your aims for the end of the season? Top 6. Hopefully a few podiums and maybe a win.
4. What are your views of the Australian track and being the 1st race of the calendar? I like the track but I do struggle for consistentency around it. I think it’s a good track to be the season opener.
5. What new things would you like me to add to the Formula 5 thread? Less boring questions.

ChIcKeN_OwNzzzz

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: ChIcKeN_OwNzzzz
  • FIFA Club Position: LM
  • FIFA Club: Leeds United
  • Likes Given: 1
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 04:17:20 pm »
1. Who are you looking to beat come the end of the season? Whoever is in 2nd
2. Who will be on the podium for Australia? Not too sure on everyone's pace tbh
3. I asked this last week, but please answer again as we have new drivers. What are your aims for the end of the season? Top 3
4. What are your views of the Australian track and being the 1st race of the calendar? I struggle for consistency  tbh but don't mind it
5. What new things would you like me to add to the Formula 5 thread? Driver of the race

Rotards

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Boats and hoes
  • PSN: Rotards
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 05:36:25 pm »
1. Who are you looking to beat come the end of the season? Everyone
2. Who will be on the podium for Australia? Me and my two pitbabes
3. I asked this last week, but please answer again as we have new drivers. What are your aims for the end of the season? Win the Drivers championship
4. What are your views of the Australian track and being the 1st race of the calendar? It's ok I guess, can be hard to overtake at times.
5. What new things would you like me to add to the Formula 5 thread? More thrash talk
If you no longer go for a gap you might have some decent racecraft

JPGREENWOOD

• Loves a 10 minute free view
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: JPGREENWOOD
  • My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto
  • Likes Given: 34
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 08:38:12 pm »
1. I have no competition
2. Me, hopefully my team mate & Martin Brundle
3. Drivers & Constructors championships
4. Don't like streer tracks really so might come 2nd
5. More stuff about me

Jackman46

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: JACKTYLER-46
  • F1 Team: Toro Rosso
  • FIFA Club Position: ST
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 1
  • F1 2016 - F5 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 11:55:46 am »
1. Who are you looking to beat come the end of the season? Whoever is in 2nd
2. Who will be on the podium for Australia? Not too sure on everyone's pace tbh
3. I asked this last week, but please answer again as we have new drivers. What are your aims for the end of the season? Top 3
4. What are your views of the Australian track and being the 1st race of the calendar? I struggle for consistency  tbh but don't mind it
5. What new things would you like me to add to the Formula 5 thread? Driver of the race
ok

JPGREENWOOD

• Loves a 10 minute free view
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: JPGREENWOOD
  • My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto
  • Likes Given: 34
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 08:06:26 am »
Qual - 15th
Race - DNF

I screwed up both my quali runs so didn't set a competitive time.

I was caught up in the mele in the first corner & had severe wing damage forcing me to pit, After the pit stop I was close to josh-9867 & I was really struggling to get past him & the times I did I made mistakes which allowed him to get back past. During my troubles with josh-9867 I had wing damage again & when I broke free of josh-9867 I struggled for pace & by the time I made my 2nd pit stop the race was over for me. By the time I crashed I was kinda glad the race was over even tho I probably would of finished in P10.

Despite my own poor performance I'm glad that Rotards won the race & scoring good points for Force India. With a DNF in Australia & Monaco on the horizon my championship battle is probably over already