Author Topic: Playstation Plus - General Discussion Thread  (Read 14481 times)

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1174
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation Plus - General Discussion Thread
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 04:35:07 pm »
But if you stop paying, how much of that 'free' content do you lose?

nalaboy

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: nalaboy
  • Likes Given: 6
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 2
  • 1 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2010, 05:04:34 pm »
You lose some games, the minis are no big loss neither are the PS1 games for me, as i own them all on disc. Most of my PSN games i'll keep as i got a discount not a total reduction, and i'll lose the SNK central games. You keep all the avatars and themes i think. I'm re subscibing anyway so i'll lose nowt as i think the PSN+ service will get better and i'll keep what i've got and get more as well. The service suits me but i understand to others its not worth the money.

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• Check out our YouTube Channel
  • PSN: teddyuk1
  • FIFA Club Position: Striker
  • My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto
  • Likes Given: 1453
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 775
  • Level: 7
  • Trophies: 17
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 13 - 5v5 League Runners Up - Season 5
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 05:46:38 pm »
Good mood  :4:

I'm downloading Tomb Raider Underworld for free from PP right now  :36:

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 05:59:18 pm »
If its the one i am thinking of, i wouldn't bother  ;)

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 13 - 5v5 League Runners Up - Season 5
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 06:06:32 pm »
Any game with Lara croft has my vote  :38:

Uncle_Irish

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Have a cigar!
  • PSN: Uncle_Irish
  • Likes Given: 0
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 07:08:23 pm »
Ha! It is a guilty pleasure isn't it?  :4:

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 07:29:27 pm »
 :9:

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 10:17:18 pm »
Finished downloading and now Installing it now on my hard drive

Going to have a nice quiet night, just me and Lara  :5:

Michael_Holliday

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Mikey
  • PSN: Michael_Holliday
  • FIFA Club Position: Midfielder
  • Main League: FIFA European
  • My Favourite Game: FIFA
  • Likes Given: 66
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1558
  • Level: 13
  • Trophies: 12
  • FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 15 - Division One 3rd Place - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 14 European Football League Division 1 Runner Up [PS3]
    • View Profile
    • Email
PS+
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2012, 04:14:02 am »
I know a couple of people on here have it, and i'm thinking about getting it, just wondering if it's actually worth it?

:113:
FIFA Admin. Message me with any and all FIFA related problems.
#Believe

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2012, 10:10:45 am »
I bought a years subscription yesterday. I was initially dismissive when it came out, it wasn't a particualrly enticing offer. However, it does look good value now, especially with the 25% off offer they have on currently. Its not for everyone, you may have played many of the games or you may not simply have the time to play everything. But for 30, i thought what they hell, i'll give it a go. I haven't played most of the freebie games you get, so i have started downloading Just Cause 2, and i downloaded Machinarium. Good job i am moving ISP to Sky, Virgin would go apeshit at all the downloading i'll be doing  :21:

If you can afford to Mikey, and it is not a substantial amount of funds for you, it might be worth a punt for the year. If money is tight, have a bit more of a think about it  ;)

JknRich

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: JknRich
  • Main League: GT5
  • Likes Given: 4
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 48
  • Level: 0
  • Trophies: 3
  • 1 Year's Membership of PSGL Member of the Year 2012 Awarded to members with 1000 posts
    • View Profile
    • Email
Playstation Plus - General Discussion Thread
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2012, 12:09:13 pm »
I bought a years subscription yesterday. I was initially dismissive when it came out, it wasn't a particualrly enticing offer. However, it does look good value now, especially with the 25% off offer they have on currently. Its not for everyone, you may have played many of the games or you may not simply have the time to play everything. But for 30, i thought what they hell, i'll give it a go. I haven't played most of the freebie games you get, so i have started downloading Just Cause 2, and i downloaded Machinarium. Good job i am moving ISP to Sky, Virgin would go apeshit at all the downloading i'll be doing  :21:

If you can afford to Mikey, and it is not a substantial amount of funds for you, it might be worth a punt for the year. If money is tight, have a bit more of a think about it  ;)

I really am looking into this myself. Like you fish at first I was a bit dismissive of it. Seeing what you get as a plus member now is very good.

There are some games on there which I have not looked at.

Just cause 2 is one of my best games. I not completed it. It has some serious play time. So much to do in it

Michael_Holliday

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Mikey
  • PSN: Michael_Holliday
  • FIFA Club Position: Midfielder
  • Main League: FIFA European
  • My Favourite Game: FIFA
  • Likes Given: 66
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1558
  • Level: 13
  • Trophies: 12
  • FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 15 - Division One 3rd Place - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 14 European Football League Division 1 Runner Up [PS3]
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2012, 01:14:52 pm »

Yeah I can afford it. Got paid a week ago been working a fair bit lately, can't wait for my week off next week haha :D It doesn't seem bad for the price and i've heard better stuff will be coming so I might get it later on! Like you I was dubious about it at first as it didn't seem to offer any additional value to me but now they've picked up the game a bit it's looking good :)

p.s Thanks to whoever moved my thread, didn't see this one :)
FIFA Admin. Message me with any and all FIFA related problems.
#Believe

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 02:46:10 pm »
Did you guys get PS+ in the end then? There does seem to be a few more + symbols on my PSN list, so a few must have been tempted.

JK-Saturnine

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Bump and Grind
  • PSN: JK-Saturnine
  • FIFA Club Position: Any
  • Likes Given: 36
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 42
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! FIFA 12 5v5 League Winner - Season 3 PS3GL Premium Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 02:58:04 pm »
I got it due to the discount. Think it's very good and will renew it too. I like how it saves copies of save files and downloads updates so i don't have to wait around. I think the free games are also a very neat touch. Having a permanent digital copy of Red Dead is great. Getting to play Borderlands, LittleBigAdventure2 and Infamous 2 as well. Would never have thought of buying them full price or discounted but can enjoy them nonetheless.

I wanted to play Scott Pilgim and the Lara Croft Puzzle game (both free) but the downloads are only 6kbytes and i cant find them installed on my system.

Other than that, very pleased.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2012, 03:02:01 pm »
I wanted to play Scott Pilgim and the Lara Croft Puzzle game (both free) but the downloads are only 6kbytes and i cant find them installed on my system.

Yea, i noticed that myself with Lara Croft. I had thought that can't be the size of the game   :39:  Christ knows what i downloaded and where is went

JK-Saturnine

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Bump and Grind
  • PSN: JK-Saturnine
  • FIFA Club Position: Any
  • Likes Given: 36
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 42
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! FIFA 12 5v5 League Winner - Season 3 PS3GL Premium Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2012, 03:09:21 pm »
My thoughts entirely! Althought the good far outweighs the bad.

Another pleasant surprise was that a free copy of Burnout Paradise was still available to me when I'd downloaded it last year using the free 1 month membership that Sony gave out following that massive PSN hacking malarkey.

I just see it as a cheap way to expand my games collection without having to worry about cost and playing some decent games that would not normally cross my mind. It's a good buy.