Author Topic: [F4] Round 9 - Brazilian GP  (Read 466 times)

flyingfrome

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: flyingfrome
  • F1 Team: Renault
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 98
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 4
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2016 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 Formula Gulf Championship - Constructors 3rd Place - Season 5 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
[F4] Round 9 - Brazilian GP
« on: June 19, 2017, 02:43:16 pm »
Round 9: Brazilian Grand Prix

Next up for the F4 grid is a trip to Sao Paulo for the Brazilian Grand Prix. Interlagos is an old school, bumpy and narrow track that punishes mistakes. With unpredictable weather that can change in a heartbeat, the teams will need to be on the ball with their strategies. Over the years this event has thrown up some of motorsports most memorable moments. From Montoya’s pass on Schumacher into turn 1, to Hamilton’s last corner championship grab; Brazil certainly knows how to throw up surprises!

Last time out in Mexico the championship turned on its head as leader FlyingFrome retired from the race, leaving the chasing drivers a great opportunity to capitalize and eat into the lead at the top.

It was WarrenHague who took the initiative. He was running in second place to Friso for the first stint on the intermediate tyres. He stayed out longer than Friso before changing to the slicks and it worked out perfectly as he exited the pits in the lead of the race during a safety car period. Hague would go on to a commanding win and put himself right back into the championship hunt.

Venom and Cheater would have a long 15-lap battle for the second spot on the podium. Venom was running behind the 3 leaders during the inter period and showed typical strong wet weather pace. He would gain a spot under the safety car when Frome retired and then went on to pass Friso. Cheater had a cautious start losing a couple of places but began to make up ground. He was catching Venom, who was on the hard tyre and Cheater was on the faster softs. Into turn 1 they go side by side but Cheater backed out of it into 2 and 3 but crucially got a much better exit and passed into turn 4. The two drivers would be battling it out for the rest of the race but Cheater just had the pace to keep Venom behind him. A well deserved podium for both guys.

With Carworld moving up to F3 and Frome’s DNF, the driver’s title is looking closer than ever. McLaren now lead in the Constructors after Williams failed to score. We now finally have our first double winner of the season. Can Hague carry this form on into Round 9 and challenge for the Brazil win?

Lap record: 1:11.473 - Juan Pablo Montoya, Williams BMW FW26 – 2004

Track Trivia: Brazilian’s experienced home success right from the off, with Emerson Fittipaldi winning the first two editions of the Brazilian Grand Prix before Jose Carlos Pace scored his sole F1 victory for Brabham in 1975. The circuit was renamed in Pace's honour following his death in 1977

Questions:
1.   Were you satisfied with your result in Mexico?
2.   Who will grab pole in Brazil?
3.   Who will finish on the podium?
4.   Favourite Brazilian Grand Prix Moment?
5.   After a successful test, Do you think Robert Kubica will ever race in F1 again?

larsGaming123

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Professional Bottler on sundays and thursdays
  • PSN: larsGaming123
  • F1 Team: Force India
  • FIFA Club Position: Striker
  • FIFA Club: VVSB
  • Likes Given: 4
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 1
  • F1 2016 - F6 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [F4] Round 9 - Brazilian GP
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 02:52:17 pm »
1.   Were you satisfied with your result in Mexico?
Yes had a good race which resulted in 8th place

2.   Who will grab pole in Brazil?
Friso

3.   Who will finish on the podium?
Friso, Frome and Grumpy

4.   Favourite Brazilian Grand Prix Moment?
Max Verstappen going from 16th to 3rd in 15 laps in 2016

5.   After a successful test, Do you think Robert Kubica will ever race in F1 again?
Yes
F6 3rd place drivers championship
F4 10th place drivers championship~~Races: 29
Race wins: 0~~Podiums: 6~~Pole Positions: 0~~Fastest Laps: 0~~Seasons in PSGL: 2

Musical Venom

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL F1 Commentator and F4 Driver
  • PSN: Musical_Venom
  • F1 Team: Toro Rosso
  • Likes Given: 147
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 2
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 03:04:23 pm »
Questions:
1.   Were you satisfied with your result in Mexico?
3rd was a really good result and a fun race too.

2.   Who will grab pole in Brazil?
Frome

3.   Who will finish on the podium?
Friso, Frome, Hague

4.   Favourite Brazilian Grand Prix Moment?
Button winning the championship.

5.   After a successful test, Do you think Robert Kubica will ever race in F1 again?

Its a tough ask but I really hope he can do it. If he can drive a 2017 car, I'm sure in the Renault he would be as quick as Hulk at least.

[PSGL Career] Seasons: 3 Starts: 38 Poles: 1 Wins: 2 Podiums: 7 DNFs: 3 Fastest Laps: 5 Points: 226
2x Constructors Champion (1x F3 1x F4)

Cheater-Cheater-Cheater

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• \_(ツ)_/ - - - - -¯\(ツ)/¯
  • PSN: Cheater-Cheater
  • F1 Team: Sauber
  • Likes Given: 65
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 04:16:33 pm »
1. Were you satisfied with your result in Mexico?
For sure. Haven't been on the podium since the final race of last season.

2. Who will grab pole in Brazil?
Friso. It's one of those tracks that anyone can get pole at, especially with some changing weather.

3. Who will finish on the podium?
Same as my usual guesses. Friso, Flyfrome and Grumpy.

4. Favourite Brazilian Grand Prix Moment?
The tension during the 2012 was pretty cool. The look on Alonso's face at the end though  :20:

5. After a successful test, Do you think Robert Kubica will ever race in F1 again?
I suppose you can't rule him out. Get him in the car for some practice sessions at some point!

F1 2015 | Races: 22 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 0 | Best Position: 4th(x2) | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: ??? |
F1 2016 | Races: 36 | Poles: 2 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 7 | Best Position: 2nd(x4) | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 176 |
F1 2017 | Races: 0 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 0 | Best Position: N/A | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: 0 |

flyingfrome

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: flyingfrome
  • F1 Team: Renault
  • Likes Given: 98
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 4
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2016 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 Formula Gulf Championship - Constructors 3rd Place - Season 5 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 04:19:08 pm »
No! Had issues with my wheel so had to retire under the safety car  :(

Probably Friso

Friso, Grumpy and Hague

JB winning the title!

5.   After a successful test, Do you think Robert Kubica will ever race in F1 again?
I really hope he gets another chance but time isn't on his side.

mrgrumpy1989

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• F4 Admin
  • PSN: mrgrumpy20
  • FIFA Club Position: CAM
  • Likes Given: 2423
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3191
  • Level: 22
  • Trophies: 21
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F4 Drivers Runner Up - Season 3 FIFA 17 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 04:52:05 pm »
1 - No!! Disastrous race. Not had a race that bad since I left F3. I've been near back to my best this season. Thought I had put those troubles behind me. It wasn't through my doing though.

2 - I say Friso.

3 - Friso, Venom and hopefully me.

4 - 2008!! Most dramatic end to a season.

5 - I hope so. Undeniably talented and we never got to see his full potential. Stick him in Palmer's Renault and he'll be at least as quick as Hulk.

frisostolk_

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: frisostolk_
  • FIFA Club Position: RM
  • Likes Given: 45
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 01:03:43 pm »
no, I messed up with the strategy and had the wrong setup because I was struggling so much for traction.

think Frome, not me Im going for a race setup. Can't afford a 6th place again.

Frome, Mrgrumpy warrenhague

Got to be max verstappen his recovery drive.

nahh don't think it
PSGL F4- 4th place

Webcam17

• The Chosen One
  • Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: webcam17
  • F1 Team: Mercedes
  • Likes Given: 591
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1355
  • Level: 11
  • Trophies: 13
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 Sprint Race Cup - Runner Up - Season 2 FIFA 15 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 07:11:38 pm »

Cant really answer that...

Grumps will just nick it from Craig

Grumps, Frome & Craig

Brazil 2009, i think we all know why...

5.  After a successful test, Do you think Robert Kubica will ever race in F1 again?
I really hope he does but i cant see it happening

mrgrumpy1989

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• F4 Admin
  • PSGL Achievements
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F4 Drivers Runner Up - Season 3 FIFA 17 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 07:29:38 pm »
Are you racing this week Dave?

Webcam17

• The Chosen One
  • Game Director

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: webcam17
  • F1 Team: Mercedes
  • Likes Given: 591
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1355
  • Level: 11
  • Trophies: 13
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 Sprint Race Cup - Runner Up - Season 2 FIFA 15 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 07:34:51 pm »
Are you racing this week Dave?

I am indeed! Hopefully i wont miss any more races

mrgrumpy1989

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• F4 Admin
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 07:54:17 pm »
:)

mrgrumpy1989

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• F4 Admin
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2017, 09:41:53 pm »
Get in there!!!! Damn that was intense for me.

Musical Venom

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL F1 Commentator and F4 Driver
  • PSN: Musical_Venom
  • Likes Given: 147
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 2
  • F1 2016 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2017, 10:05:28 pm »
Quali: 4th

Good lap from me, might have gone a few tenths quicker on another set with a final one but decided to save them for the race incase.

Race: 5th

Comfortably kept up with the leaders as the rain fell straight away. Slow transition. Friso was struggling and I went down the inside at Turn 4. I failed to make the move stick. That moment would have dire consequences for my race the following lap.

Friso again got another terrible exit from the Senna S and was going a lot slower than me. I rapidly caught him, he lost control of the car and cut across forcing me off and into the barrier at DRS 1 losing my wing. Without a safety car, a podium was gone.

Pitted for Inters and I was in angry focused mode. Rapidly caught and made easy work of Lars, Genitikz and Webcam in a single lap. After that, head down and showed good pace. Started gaining places. Stayed out longer as the track dried out and as people lost time pitting too early I timed my stop perfectly and came out in a solid points position. Couldn't catch Craig with the large gap despite getting it down to around 9 seconds but Frome was a similar distance behind. Craig pitted late on for softs and I got 5th. A good recovery completed and excellent points for the team.

What can I say? Another example of my terrible luck this season, too many incidents like this have affected my table position.  I keep being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Denied a podium here today just like several other rounds.

Well done top 3. See you all after my holiday.

[PSGL Career] Seasons: 3 Starts: 38 Poles: 1 Wins: 2 Podiums: 7 DNFs: 3 Fastest Laps: 5 Points: 226
2x Constructors Champion (1x F3 1x F4)

Cheater-Cheater-Cheater

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• \_(ツ)_/ - - - - -¯\(ツ)/¯
  • PSN: Cheater-Cheater
  • F1 Team: Sauber
  • Likes Given: 65
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2017, 10:35:18 pm »

Q: 7th

Tried a lap on the mediums but that wasn't very good. Many people then decided to try the softs, I followed their lead and managed an okay 7th place. Could have been worse.

R: 3rd

An interesting start here as the rain started falling before we even managed to finish our formation lap. Very tentative start from everyone, just making sure they finished the first lap. Clyde went wide through turn seven and I managed to sneak down his inside at eight. The three or so laps saw us trade places several times before the rain really started affecting the track enough to pit. I pit just as the DRS is disabled on lap six.

I come out a few seconds in front of Mike but he's able to catch up and makes the move stick at turn four on lap 11. He's stronger in these conditions and I'm just about able to keep with him for the next few laps. The track is slowly but surely drying up and I seem to pull the gap back down from a second or so and I find myself right on his gearbox on lap 22. Mike carries on for another lap as I pit for a set of the hard tyres. I'll confess, I wasn't sure what to do. I noticed that Grumpy had put them on the lap before and hoped he'd made a good decision.

The first half of this out lap feels a little slow but I know it's only a matter of moments before these are quicker than the inters. Coming towards the start of sector three, I see a Ferrari in front. It's Mike! He's lost traction out of 12 and is now facing the wrong way. This is unfortunate as it looked as though this fight was shaping up to be another cracker after the one in my previous race. From here I manage the gap to Dave (who started back in 12th!).

Another podium! Pretty happy with that, especially with the way things looked during quali. Congrats to Grumpy on a solid drive. Well done to Hague too. Very unfortunate not to make up that .2 of a second. See you all in Baku!

F1 2015 | Races: 22 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 0 | Best Position: 4th(x2) | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: ??? |
F1 2016 | Races: 36 | Poles: 2 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 7 | Best Position: 2nd(x4) | Fastest Laps: 1 | Points: 176 |
F1 2017 | Races: 0 | Poles: 0 | Wins: 0 | Podiums: 0 | Best Position: N/A | Fastest Laps: 0 | Points: 0 |

mrgrumpy1989

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• F4 Admin
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 04:06:55 pm »
Qually - 3rd

Could have gone a bit quicker but messed up my last run. Still happy with a 10.6 though.

Race - 1st

We all knew that it was going to rain at some point in the race, but we didn't know when. It started raining during the formation lap which was unexpected. A cautious start from everyone. I almost lost it at turn 1 after slightly touching the grass on the right, but held it together. Was keeping up with Hague and Friso. Friso seemed to be struggling a bit and I got him with DRS at the end of lap 3. He and Venom had a coming together on lap 5, so it left me and Hague out in front with a gap to the rest. I kept with Hague until we both pitted for inters on lap 6.

In this stint, Hague was quicker than me and the gap got up to 2.5 seconds, but then we started matching each other. Towards the end of the tyre life and when it was starting to dry out, I got the gap down to 1.6 seconds. At the end of lap 21 though, I had a tank slapper and hit the wall hard, that should have really knocked my wheel off. Heart in mouth like my win at Spa. To my surprise though, I didn't even get any damage.

I pitted straight away for hards after that, despite it being a lap too early. My inters wouldn't have lasted another lap though. I came out in 4th and din't have any initial grip, but that only lasted 2 corners. By the time Hague had pitted, I undercut him and was 5.5 seconds clear in the lead. I had a 3 second penalty though, so needed to keep clear of him by 3 seconds.

He was flying though, and at start of the last lap, the gap was down to 2.5 seconds. I pushed so hard on that lap and somehow managed to gain 7 tenths to finish 3.2 seconds ahead. Phew!!

2nd win of the season when coming into the season, I thought it would be a repeat of the last 2. Enjoyed this season immensely.

Hague probably deserved the win more than me though. Excellent drive.

frisostolk_

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: frisostolk_
  • FIFA Club Position: RM
  • Likes Given: 45
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 07:10:05 am »
had to go with emergency to the hospital because my dad was brought to it. therefore i couldnt finish
PSGL F4- 4th place