* F1 2016

F1 2016 League Details
   Current Season Dates
   Start: April 2017
   End: - - - -

General Race Format
   Each race event consists of a 15 minute qualifying session, followed by a 50% race
   with dynamic weather and parc fermι on

F1 / F2 / F3 / F4 / F5 / F6
   League Format

These leagues allow the use of all assists and use equal performance cars to provide
   a level playing field for all racing

FP League Format    This league uses 2016 performace levels with car allocations periodically changing to
   offer close racing irrespective of pace

FE League Format    Our newest league format offering drivers a full race distance format
   FNAC League Format    This league only allows the use automatic gears, all assists are banned to offer drivers
   the most realistic experience

1st – 16 pts / 2nd – 12pts / 3rd – 10 pts / 4th – 8 pts / 5th – 6pts / 6th – 5 pts
   7th – 4pts / 8th – 3 pts / 9th – 2 pts / 10th – 1 pt
Current League Champions
F1
BigC_019
F2
Gamer_da_best
F3
Paudie
F4
WWFC_07
F5
Paudie
F6
ontothepodium
FP
Faunus
FE
TBC
FNAC
TBC

Author Topic: PSGL F1 Stewards Points/Penalty System  (Read 408 times)

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1091
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
Re: PSGL F1 Stewards Points/Penalty System
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 12:27:39 pm »
Of course we will use common sense in certain situations, we may consider other sources. But 90% of scenarios will require the drivers footage.

UnomiWonKentucky

• Steward botherer.
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• The Young Padawan
  • PSN: UnomiWonKentucky
  • F1 Team: Mercedes
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • Likes Given: 67
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 1
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 12:36:30 pm »
I suggest you guys should clean up your office it's abit messy  :24:
I recommend a thread for stewards office enquiries/appeals where drivers will submit there's cases victim v defendant both supply one strong set of evidence regardless of footage aslong as it's a strong and clear set of evidence
And then stewards review the case and supply the decision in another thread which will be stewards decisions which will be more clean and organised and easier to remind admins to check in on this stewards decisions thread each week for any of their drivers that may have penalties

jake_lfc01

• Perez is Love, Perez is Life
  • Forum Moderator

StatusOfflineOffline

• Are you taking the Mick?
  • PSN: jake_lfc01
  • F1 Team: Red Bull
  • Main League: Formula 1
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 174
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 5
  • F1 2016 - F2 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1NAC Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! F1 2016 - F1NAC Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1 F1 2016 - F1NAC Drivers 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 12:44:33 pm »
I recommend a thread for stewards office enquiries/appeals where drivers will submit there's cases victim v defendant both supply one strong set of evidence regardless of footage aslong as it's a strong and clear set of evidence
And then stewards review the case and supply the decision in another thread which will be stewards decisions which will be more clean and organised and easier to remind admins to check in on this stewards decisions thread each week for any of their drivers that may have penalties
We have that, it's called the stewards office... we don't need another thread because all of the incidents and people involved go to there
FNAC Stats: 0 Wins | 6 Podiums | 27 Races | 0 Poles

F2/4 Stats: 0 Wins | 4 Podiums | 22 Races | 0 Poles

UnomiWonKentucky

• Steward botherer.
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• The Young Padawan
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 12:53:01 pm »
We have that, it's called the stewards office... we don't need another thread because all of the incidents and people involved go to there

Don't get smart with me jake I didn't join psgl yesterday I clearly know there's a thread for everything I was merely suggesting a touch up to the threads where admins and drivers and even stewards can organise the result into a separate thread to make things easier rather than scrolling through a bunch of appeals to find ur certain incident. Result

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2017, 12:59:32 pm »
There could be some merit to this, and it is something we will discuss and consider.

There is not a lot more to discuss here. The penalty system is being implemented, it will be reassesed and imporved if needed at the end of the season, appeals need to be drivers own footage, and only exceptional circumstances will use any broadcast footge.

I will be tidying this thread up later today.

UnomiWonKentucky

• Steward botherer.
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• The Young Padawan
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2017, 01:03:47 pm »
There could be some merit to this, and it is something we will discuss and consider.

There is not a lot more to discuss here. The penalty system is being implemented, it will be reassesed and imporved if needed at the end of the season, appeals need to be drivers own footage, and only exceptional circumstances will use any broadcast footge.

I will be tidying this thread up later today.

Thank you for taking my opinion into consideration and discussing things in an adult manor I agree with your method as your given information on how this may help psgl in the near future and hope to see that so I'm behind you 100%

Craig Pinchbeck

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Craig8728
  • FIFA Club Position: Midfielder
  • Likes Given: 291
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 481
  • Trophies: 8
  • F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2015 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2015 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2015 - F5 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2017, 02:21:10 pm »
Surely stream footage could be used alongside POV footage as this would give stewards more angles to see the incident. This can ensure further exploration and greater insight. I agree pov footage is a MUST, but I believe the more angles an incident can be seen a clearer conclusion can be reached.
F4: Races: 26 Poles: 1 Wins: 3 Podiums: 7 Points: 208 Fastest Laps: 0 DNF(s): 4 Driver Championships: 1

Craig Pinchbeck

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Craig8728
  • FIFA Club Position: Midfielder
  • Likes Given: 291
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 481
  • Trophies: 8
  • F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2015 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 3 F1 2015 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2015 - F5 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2017, 02:24:02 pm »

If someone is appealing a stewards decision the  another authority figure should be looking at the appeal, not the people who made the decision. This would ensure a fresh set of eyes can explore the appeal. I don't think it's wise for the stewards to be looking at appeals when it's their decision you're appealing.
F4: Races: 26 Poles: 1 Wins: 3 Podiums: 7 Points: 208 Fastest Laps: 0 DNF(s): 4 Driver Championships: 1

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2017, 02:29:59 pm »
This is true Craig, but many drivers have been relying soley on stream footage, much of which isn't clear or helpful. We have said, stream footage may be used if it helps, but POV footage is a must going forward. We are not being unreasonable, we will use common sense where needed, i.e. other angles if worth while. But we are now making clear that you need POV footage in the vast majorityt of cases, this will be the norm.

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2017, 02:32:23 pm »
Jesus, i think there needs to be a limit as to what the stewards room is there for. Its not a professional body, people submitting appeals and then appealing the appeal decision. Its the thin end of the wedge and starts to make this process far too involved. The stewards room was started as a courtesy to drivers who were getting screwed by glitches and the odd driver-driver incident. Where will it end?

UnomiWonKentucky

• Steward botherer.
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• The Young Padawan
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2017, 02:42:05 pm »
Jesus, i think there needs to be a limit as to what the stewards room is there for. Its not a professional body, people submitting appeals and then appealing the appeal decision. Its the thin end of the wedge and starts to make this process far too involved. The stewards room was started as a courtesy to drivers who were getting screwed by glitches and the odd driver-driver incident. Where will it end?

I don't mean appeals as in back and fough with appealing this appealing that I just mean a thread for driver to submit the incident and the other driver involved will appeal with incident with there footage that's 2 povs. In one thread where it should be then stewards review and the result is stated in the penalty/incident thread

Remco Vengeance

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Littleremco01
  • Likes Given: 443
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3656
  • Level: 25
  • Trophies: 14
  • F1 2015 - F4 Drivers Champion - Season 1 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2013 - Classic League Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2013 - Classic League Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2017, 02:43:26 pm »
Just wanted to point out that I understand that you want to give certain penalty to a certain blocking or incident but some incidents might differ from another incident one more extreme than the other so would you give a 10s penalty for both incidents? Looks a bit silly
PSGL Career: Grands Prixs entered - 176 | Race wins - 76 | Podiums - 127 | Points - 1959 | World Championships - 5
Season 8 Race of Champions Winner

Shortbread24

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 38
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Formula Gulf Championship - Constructors Champion - Season 5 F1 2016 - F2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors Champion - Season 2 GT3 Championship - Constructors Runner Up - Season 4 GT3 Championship - Drivers Champion - Season 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2017, 02:52:05 pm »
Just wanted to point out that I understand that you want to give certain penalty to a certain blocking or incident but some incidents might differ from another incident one more extreme than the other so would you give a 10s penalty for both incidents? Looks a bit silly

Not silly at all in my opinion as always its a guideline for stewards as always we will have discretion over the punishment, if someone blocks someone by accident they will receive a illegal blocking penalty, but if that person was perceived to be doing so intentionally then we would start to add on to that a dangerous driving penalty which as you can see is a variable penalty that we as stewards can set. So incidents will be awarded the correct punishment.

I want to add one last point i've noticed a lot of criticism on stewards opening themselves up to drivers and make sure that drivers aren't alienated and trying to make each decision as consistent as possible and if I remember correctly in the F2 chat you yourself said the stewards were inconsistent so surely this is something you want to see being improved.
PSGL Project Cars GT3 Champion
F2- 2 Wins
F1NAC- 1 Win

RDO_1998

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• #COYG
  • PSN: RDO_1998
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • FIFA Club: Arsenal
  • Main League: Formula 3
  • Likes Given: 178
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 106
  • Level: 1
  • Trophies: 2
  • F1 2016 - FP Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2017, 03:25:17 pm »
any chance u can keep a track of penalty points either on here or somewhere else all in one place so you dont have to scroll through pages and pages of the stewards section to look for how close people are to a ban or if you yourself think you're close you can check and drive more carefully potentially
F1 2015 Stats | Races: 47 | Wins: 3 | Podiums: 9 | Poles: 2 | Points: 239 | Highest Drivers: 5th (x2) | Highest Constructors: 3rd
F1 2016 Stats | Races: 42 | Wins: 2 | Podiums: 12 | Poles: 0 | Points: 267 | Highest Drivers: 5th | Highest Constructors: 2nd

Shortbread24

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• Likes Given: 38
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Formula Gulf Championship - Constructors Champion - Season 5 F1 2016 - F2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors Champion - Season 2 GT3 Championship - Constructors Runner Up - Season 4 GT3 Championship - Drivers Champion - Season 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2017, 03:37:21 pm »
any chance u can keep a track of penalty points either on here or somewhere else all in one place so you dont have to scroll through pages and pages of the stewards section to look for how close people are to a ban or if you yourself think you're close you can check and drive more carefully potentially

Yep this is part of the plan!
PSGL Project Cars GT3 Champion
F2- 2 Wins
F1NAC- 1 Win

UnomiWonKentucky

• Steward botherer.
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• The Young Padawan
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2017, 03:46:58 pm »
So the points system does this tally up over ur psgl career or what u having disclosed this info