Group A

Group B

Group C

Group D

Author Topic: [FIFA 17] Champions League Hub  (Read 746 times)

Michael_Holliday

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• Mikey
  • PSN: Michael_Holliday
  • FIFA Club Position: Midfielder
  • Main League: FIFA European
  • My Favourite Game: FIFA
  • Likes Given: 66
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1558
  • Level: 13
  • Trophies: 12
  • FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 15 - Division One 3rd Place - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL Awarded to members with 1000 posts
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [FIFA 17] Champions League Hub
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2017, 04:25:02 pm »
Anything gonna go in here? Update the odds or something...

Sorry mate, I've been away for a little bit! Gunna look to get some stuff posted later on today. Keep an eye on your inbox for me ;)
FIFA Admin. Message me with any and all FIFA related problems.
#Believe

Oveee

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: oveee1923
  • Likes Given: 2
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2017, 07:02:20 pm »
Wile CL finishes we should do a Europa League (3rd place teams from CL)

Michael_Holliday

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• Mikey
  • PSN: Michael_Holliday
  • FIFA Club Position: Midfielder
  • Main League: FIFA European
  • My Favourite Game: FIFA
  • Likes Given: 66
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1558
  • Level: 13
  • FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 15 - Division One 3rd Place - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL Awarded to members with 1000 posts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 10:03:43 pm »
playstationgl.com Champions League Roundup – Into the Knockout Stages. Group Stage Review & Quarter Final Preview.

After what has been a remarkable Group Stage, the playstationgl.com Champions League now moves into the knock out stages of the competition.

The conclusion of the Group Stages brought with it some quite remarkable news. Bookmakers favourite SentinelK5 didn’t make it through what had been dubbed ‘The Group of Death’ by many followers of the beautiful game. Whilst Lampy1, joint second favourite going into the competition, also failed to make it out of the very same group. The honours in Group A fell to Michael_Holliday (1st) and Boywithnoface (2nd) after some dubious behind the scenes decisions resulted in Michael_Holliday getting default wins. The PSGL FA has conversed with all players affected, and it has been agreed that the default wins will see Michael_Holliday crowned Group A Winner.

In Group B meanwhile, it was two of the longest serving members of the PSGL community who triumphed over fresher faced competition. With a combined membership of over 11 years, and more matches played than even OPTA can recollect, cfcbairn (1st) and mrgrumpy1989 (2nd) advanced from what turned out to be the closest group in the competition. Only goal difference separated both players from winning the group, whilst even more remarkably, only a solitary point was the difference between 1st and 3rd place. Ksljr1975 can certainly count himself unlucky not to qualify, whilst qpebeasts987 finished 4th with 6 points, 4 more points than any other player in the same position in the other groups.

Group C brought with it the return of one the best players playstationgl has bared witness to. Aidacuk returned to the fold after an extended break from competing, yet you would be forgiven to think the 5 year veteran had even been away. He swept his group away to finish top on 16 points, 6 points ahead of second place. Solar1401, who finished in that second spot, narrowly managed to beat out Oveee by a single point to claim his place in the knockouts. Meanwhile, Anthony Hague unfortunately found the competition a little too rough, and didn’t manage to claim a single point for his cause.

In the final, but by no means least group, 2013 Champions League winner Liam_Brown96 completely stormed to first place with a remarkable 18 points from 18 available. He didn’t drop a single point on his journey and finished with an outstanding +25 goal difference, +24 more than RDO_1998 who finished in second place. RDO_1998 only qualified on goal difference, yet it was by a margin of 12 goals compared to vds1923fcrb, so his runner up status was certainly deserved. Finally mrstim96 found himself in the position of propping up the table, only managing two draws on his journey.

With the group stages now behind us, PSGLbet.com have provided us with their updated Champions League Winner Odds*

Aidacuk – was 2/1, now 1/1. Liam_Brown96 – was 6/1, now 2/1. cfcbairn – was 7/1, now 4/1. Michael_Holliday – was 7/1, now 4/1. mrgrumpy1989 – was 7/1, now 4/1. Boywithnoface – was 15/1, now 6/1. RDO_1998 – was 20/1, now 8/1. Solar1401 – was 20/1, now 8/1.
*Odds/betting for entertainment content purposes only and are not real.

Quarter Final Preview
The Quarter Final fixtures were decided before any Group Games were decided, giving players the ability to view who they may come up against as the tournament progressed. Ultimately, here is the finalised Quarter Final draw:

Aidacuk vs Boywithnoface

Group C winner Aidacuk will put his so far unbeaten streak on the line against Group A runner up Boywithnoface.

RDO_1998 vs cfcbairn
Group D runner up RDO_1998 will test his skill against Group B winner cfcbairn.

Michael Holliday vs Solar1401
Group A winner Michael_Holliday will have to be on top form to progress past Group C runner up Solar1401

Mrgrumpy1989 vs Liam_Brown96
In the early kickoff, Group B runner up mrgrumpy1989 faced Group D winner Liam_Brown96 on PSGLSportsTV. Going into the matches, mygrumpy1989 knew he was coming up against a top opponent, how top he perhaps only realised after the final whistle. Liam_Brown96 managed to win the first match 3-1, although if it wasn’t for his keeper, the outcome could have been very much different. Going into the second leg, mrgrumpy1989 knew he would have to play an attacking game to get back into the tie. Unfortunately, he was a bit too attacking, going on to lose that match 6-2, and 9-3 on aggregate. Hard lines for mrgrumpy1989, but Liam_Brown96 will undoubtedly be thrilled to make the Semi-Finals, apparently quipping ‘Im on a train!’ in his tunnel interview.

Playstationgl.com managed to pose some questions to Liam_Brown96 in his post-match press conference.

Q: Liam, you've had a remarkable campaign so far, surely you're the thought of lifting the trophy is starting to creep into your mind?
A: First of all i have to say that this campaign has gone much better than i expected it to, i came back onto the site into a bit of the unknown as half of the members were new and the other half were people i knew were very good players from my time here. A big reason for the campaign is due to having top players at my disposal. I'm just taking each round game by game and not thinking about winning the title because the moment i do that it will get taken away from me. There are still a load of top players left, some i know and some i don't - Any game from here is going to be extremely tough so i need to just keep going.

Q: In the next stage, you will either come up against either Michael_Holliday or Solar1401. Who would be your prefered opponent?
A: I don't think i can say i'd prefer either, no game is going to be easy in the semi finals, I haven't played Michael for ages and Solar i have never crossed paths with before. Either way ill be going into the game with no knowledge of the others play style so will be going in blind - I'll just have to hope i'm good enough to beat either of them.

Q: Do you feel that the fact the bookmakers now place you 2nd favourite to win,will have any bearing on your performances or playstyle in these later stages?

A: No, i don't think it will as even though i wasn't seen as one of the top 3 favourites before the tournament people still said I was one of the favourites due to the team i had and what i have done in the past; I've won all my games playing a certain way so i may as well continue it and if it doesn't get me through then so be it

Q: Finally, if it is not yourself who you forseeing winning the competition, who out of the other 6 still in it, do you see lifting the silverware?
A: I'm really not sure, anything can happen in knockouts but i have heard big things about Aida so will probably have to go for him, I also think Josh is the dark horse of the competition as he is rock solid defensively and good on the counter. I really don't think it will be me!!

And that's your lot from this round up. Let us know your thoughts down below!
FIFA Admin. Message me with any and all FIFA related problems.
#Believe

Liam_Brown96

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: bobjim123
  • FIFA Club Position: Any
  • FIFA Club: Allow it FC
  • Likes Given: 17
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 2636
  • Level: 19
  • Trophies: 7
  • FIFA 16 - Premiership 3rd Place - Season 3 FIFA 16 - Premiership 3rd Place - Season 2 FIFA 16 - Championship Champion - Season 1 FIFA 14 European Football League Division 2 Winner [PS3] FIFA 13 - Challenge League Runner Up - Season 9
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 03:13:28 pm »
A Michael Holiday semi final preview or a Special josh post? Haha
World Cup (Germany) & Champions League Winner (Inter) 2013
ONO CUP WINNER X1 (ROMA)

Played 23 W-15 D-6 L-2

Liam_Brown96

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • FIFA 16 - Premiership 3rd Place - Season 3 FIFA 16 - Premiership 3rd Place - Season 2 FIFA 16 - Championship Champion - Season 1 FIFA 14 European Football League Division 2 Winner [PS3] FIFA 13 - Challenge League Runner Up - Season 9
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 01:39:59 am »
Comes down to Liam vs Aida... what are everyones predictions? Do both players deserve to be there?

Who has been your surprise of the tournament?

Player of the tournament?

Performanceof the tournament?

Best game of the tournament?
ONO CUP WINNER X1 (ROMA)

Played 23 W-15 D-6 L-2

RDO_1998

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• #COYG
  • PSN: RDO_1998
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • FIFA Club: Arsenal
  • Main League: Formula 3
  • Likes Given: 205
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 106
  • Level: 1
  • Trophies: 4
  • F1 2016 - F3 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - FP Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 09:22:08 am »
Comes down to Liam vs Aida... what are everyones predictions? Do both players deserve to be there?

Who has been your surprise of the tournament?

Player of the tournament?

Performanceof the tournament?

Best game of the tournament?

My prediction would have to be aida, I would say my game against CFC was harder than the game against you and aida beat cfc so its gonna be a tough game for you.
Surprise: Solar
Player: Aida - only conceded once in knockout rounds
Performance: idk
Best game: maybe either aida vs josh or liam vs solar both sounded quite tight but obvs i wasnt there so cant really say
F1 Stats | Races: 93 | Wins: 5 | Podiums: 23 | Poles: 2 | Points: 536
F3 S17 Constructors Champion | FP S16 Constructors Runner-up |
F3 S17 Drivers 3rd Place | F4 S13 Constructors 3rd Place |
F1 2015 ONC #2 Winner

Boywithnoface

• Mayor Of Cornwall
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• 2nd Quickest Driver In Team BigC
  • PSN: Boywithnoface
  • F1 Team: Haas
  • FIFA Club Position: RM
  • FIFA Club: Gunda FC
  • Main League: Formula 1
  • Likes Given: 705
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 166
  • Level: 2
  • Trophies: 11
  • F1 2016 - FP Constructors Champion - Season 3 F1 2016 - F2 Drivers Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2015 - F5 Drivers Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2017, 11:15:23 am »
I think that Aidacuk will win, both him and Liam are amazing players but having played both i have to make him the favourite. Both players deserve to be there as they have been the best on the site.

Surprise: Solar

Player: Aidacuk

Performance: My 1-0 victory against Aidacuk if I may;) Was a defensive masterclass.

Best game: Not sure, my most enjoyable games were against Senti, 5-2 and 2-2 both very end to end.
Pole Laps 16 | Wins 15 | Podiums 45
Highest Race Of Champions Finish - 3rd | Constructors Winner x1
Drivers Runner up x3 | Overtake of the week winner x3 | Fifa 17 Season 1 Premiership Winner

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• Check out our YouTube Channel
  • PSN: teddyuk1
  • FIFA Club Position: Striker
  • My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto
  • Likes Given: 1453
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 775
  • Level: 7
  • Trophies: 17
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 13 - 5v5 League Runners Up - Season 5
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2017, 11:25:02 am »
Solar has definitely been the surprise package of the competition and done really well to get this far.
I have played both Liam and Aida and they are both very good players but I think Aida will just edge it because of his experience but either person can win this so it's definitely a clash of the titans

Looking forward to this

Liam_Brown96

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2017, 11:43:48 am »
I personally think Aida will win. I have played him once before and beat him but it was a while ago. The fact we both have really good teams makes it a great final aswell. I can see myself scoring as i have done in every game but scoring might not be enough
Surprise was definitely Solar. Didn't know him before but definitely will now
Player id give Aida as he has made it to the final from the tougher half of the draw imo
Best Performance for me personally was beating Solar 5-1 in the first leg but tournament probably josh's 1-0 win vs Aida
Best game. Aida vs Solar had the most on it in the group stage so ill go for that
ONO CUP WINNER X1 (ROMA)

Played 23 W-15 D-6 L-2

aidacuk

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: aidacuk
  • PSGL Achievements
  • 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 12 5v5 League 3rd Place - Season 3 PS3GL Premium Member FIFA 12 League Winner - Season 1 PS3GL Cup Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2017, 12:28:44 pm »
I think Liam will run away with it, he's been scoring goals for fun.  That Bayern team are dangerous all over the pitch.  Can't say I remember playing you before, but if you beat me last time I'd say that makes you favourite.

Surprise of the tournament must be Solar.  Gave me two tough games and did really well to reach the semis.

Player of the tournament is Liam, as I said, he's been scoring goals for fun and hasn't really struggled in any match.  Even in the second leg of the semis he had already built up a solid lead, and then saw it out when he needed to.

Best performance I'd give to Josh for his win over me.  Absorbed so much pressure for so long, then went up the other end and took the lead with a good finish.  Then defended superbly for the rest of the match, even threatening on the counter a couple times more as I looked for the equaliser.  Had he played the same way in the second leg it could be him in the final now instead of me.

Best game I'll go for Solars win over Juventus.  Solar seems to be an unknown so I don't think anyone would have thought he'd knock out Michael_Holliday.  Going off the report of the quarter final, both games seemed very close.

Liam_Brown96

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2017, 05:17:58 pm »
Guess this would be a good time for a huge post previewing the final? I would do it if i wasnt part of it haha. It will be played on Saturday. We could try stream it
ONO CUP WINNER X1 (ROMA)

Played 23 W-15 D-6 L-2

Liam_Brown96

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2017, 08:20:02 pm »
When does the new leagur start? 😂 we have 16 committed members so lets do it!
ONO CUP WINNER X1 (ROMA)

Played 23 W-15 D-6 L-2

humanfish

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: humanfish
  • Main League: The Golf Club
  • Likes Given: 1141
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 479
  • Level: 4
  • Trophies: 16
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! The PSGL Cup - Team EU - Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 5 Year's Membership of PSGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2017, 09:12:26 pm »
We have some ideas in the pipeline, Mikey is going to put them to a vote i think.

Well done guys, i will sort the trophies out soon for yourself and Aida. Hopefully we might be able to arange a third place playoff to settle the bronze trophy.

Liam_Brown96

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2017, 12:29:34 pm »
Who would fancy a One Night Only Cup tomorrow night? Late notice but i dont mind organising it. Max 8 players. To start at 7ish
ONO CUP WINNER X1 (ROMA)

Played 23 W-15 D-6 L-2