* F1 2016

F1 2016 League Details
   Current Season Dates
   Start: April 2017
   End: - - - -

General Race Format
   Each race event consists of a 15 minute qualifying session, followed by a 50% race
   with dynamic weather and parc fermι on

F1 / F2 / F3 / F4 / F5 / F6
   League Format

These leagues allow the use of all assists and use equal performance cars to provide
   a level playing field for all racing

FP League Format    This league uses 2016 performace levels with car allocations periodically changing to
   offer close racing irrespective of pace

FE League Format    Our newest league format offering drivers a full race distance format
   FNAC League Format    This league only allows the use automatic gears, all assists are banned to offer drivers
   the most realistic experience

1st – 16 pts / 2nd – 12pts / 3rd – 10 pts / 4th – 8 pts / 5th – 6pts / 6th – 5 pts
   7th – 4pts / 8th – 3 pts / 9th – 2 pts / 10th – 1 pt
Current League Champions
F1
BigC_019
F2
Gamer_da_best
F3
Paudie
F4
WWFC_07
F5
Paudie
F6
ontothepodium
FP
Faunus
FE
TBC
FNAC
TBC

Author Topic: [F1] Paddock  (Read 1466 times)

Remco Vengeance

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Littleremco01
  • F1 Team: Red Bull
  • Main League: Formula 1
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 443
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3656
  • Level: 25
  • Trophies: 14
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2015 - F4 Drivers Champion - Season 1 F1 2013 - Classic League Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2013 - Classic League Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1
    • View Profile
Re: [F1] Paddock
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 08:10:19 am »
'I was scared how focused and consistent I was'

Last night's Monaco GP saw Remco Vengeance extend his championship lead. After a non starting MaxiLuca, JackLacey is now the closest driver to the championship leader.

After yet another poor qualifying performance Remco was only able to qualify 8th position from the 11 starting drivers. The Dutchman stayed out of trouble, and after taking profit from everyone's misery he managed to finish 2nd behind race winner NPyne.

The race stood out for an exciting battle between Belgian Gamefreaker and Dutchman Remco Vengeance. The 5 times Champion proved difficult to pass, but the upset was a corner cut from Remco to stay ahead of Gamefreaker, which according to the Dutchman he 'was forced to do to avoid contact'

Remco keeping his car out of the barriers

"Monaco is always a dangerous place. I knew that there was no way that unless half the field crashes out I wouldn't reach the podium. Monaco is all about staying alive, that's what I did yesterday. It's important that you have to stay focused because every loss of concentration can prove fatal to the barriers of this circuit. At some point during the race I was so consistent and focused that it scared me a little. During the races I drive I always keep track of other drivers, tyre management and strategy. But now I felt like I was just doing a practice session where I had to do 40 flawless laps."

"Still, I'm pretty pleased that I managed to keep Gamefreaker behind me. On Lap 38 he had a good run on me on the start finish straight. I was determined to stay ahead, but by doing so I outbraked myself, panicked and steered right to avoid contact with him. It could have ended in a nasty crash, but I wasn't sure if I had to give the position back. I got a time penalty for the cut so I don't think I should have given the position back since I already got punished for making the cut. I'm glad that Monaco is behind us now, now that we head to Germany a circuit simular to Austria I feel that we can close the gap in qualifying again because finishing 1.3 Seconds behind the Polesitter in Monaco is really emberassing. Also I wanted to congratulate Nick Pyne on his first victory in Formula 1. It shows with 4 different winners in 4 races that this league is still the top tier league on PSGL."

PSGL Career: Grands Prixs entered - 176 | Race wins - 76 | Podiums - 127 | Points - 1961| World Championships - 5
Season 8 Race of Champions Winner

NPyne_35

StatusOfflineOffline

• "Quick Nick"
  • PSN: NPyne_35
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • Likes Given: 365
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 4
  • F1 2016 - F3 Drivers Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 07:30:30 pm »
Monaco Victory was a "Dream Come True" for Pyne

Last night we seen 20 year old Scotsman Nic Pyne take his first ever victory in the top tier of PSGL and he done so at the historic track of Monaco. Having started the season in a slump, Pyne has seemingly got his act together in the last 2 races having secured a 2nd position in Austria and now his first Win at Monaco.

It comes just 7 months after he made his first ever competitive league race appearance in F4 which he also won.

Pyne taking a win on debut in season 15 at the F4 Spanish Grand Prix

We spoke to Pyne after the race to get some reaction for the man himself.

"Yeah, Wow! I can finally say I'm an F1 winner! It really is a dream come true. If I'm honest I never thought it would come this early into my career but I'm not complaining! I said it a few weeks ago that my head had been in the wrong place and that I would come back stronger. I guess this result as well as Austria has proved that."

Pyne taking his first ever F1 victory in Monaco

"I feel I've done myself justice in some respects. The job is by no means done but I have proven a lot of critics wrong and have also been able to show my fans I can compete at the top of PSGL. A part of me feels I'm doing this all for the guys in F3, there really was a tight community there and myself and Gamefreaker are trying to represent them in the best light possible. I'm sure they will all be happy that I have taken the win here in Monaco."

With the win taking Pyne to 3rd in the title standings, could this be the start of a title surge for the Scotsman? Can he learn from the mistakes he made last season when he was a complete favourite for the F3 title? Only time will tell. One thing is for sure, it is still very early in the season but as we head to the mid part of the season, consistency will be very key to ensure Pyne stays in the fight.

The action continues on PSGL TV this Monday as Big_C takes to the commentary box once again and gives us a prime seat to watch all the action unfold at the Hockrnhiemring! Don't miss it!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 08:06:53 pm by NPyne_35 »
F1 2016 Stats
PSGL | Races: 39 | Poles: 12 | Wins: 7 | Podiums: 19 | Championships: 0 | Points: 320
League: F1       Team: McLaren.      Championship position: 3rd
F3 Season 16 Constructors Champion

Remco Vengeance

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • F1 2015 - F4 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2015 - F4 Drivers Champion - Season 1 F1 2013 - Classic League Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2013 - Classic League Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 12:15:48 pm »
Remco Vengeance: Next Season will determine my Destiny

In a exclusive interview with French broadcaster Canal+ Dutch Red Bull driver Remco Vengeance has opened up about his future within the Formula 1 league.

This season Remco was dragged out of retirement to fill in the seats Veterans BigC and Irun left open. Remco was looking to fill the field but has surprised friend and foe by taking a comfortable lead in the Drivers championship.

You would reckon that this lead could convince the Dutch driver to extend his stay, but Remco is holding back on a long term deal.

"I don't plan to stay and race here for the rest of my life. It's great that I am able to fight for the championship this season because I really expected to struggle. But this season shows why I'm having second thoughts about my future. The last 3 seasons racing with Medium Traction Control was faster. Then this season we discovered that shortshifting is faster, something which I did adapt to but I think it's stupid that something like that makes us quicker."

"So it comes down to next season. Next season will determine my Destiny, if Codemasters can produce a decent game then I'm willing to stay on, but if one thing is quicker than something else than I don't think I would stay motivated to keep on racing. I would probably switch to a different series."
PSGL Career: Grands Prixs entered - 176 | Race wins - 76 | Podiums - 127 | Points - 1961| World Championships - 5

Remco Vengeance

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2017, 05:10:08 pm »
Red Bull's Christian Horner blasts Stewards decision after Tuszmusz penalty

Red Bull's Christian Horner has stepped up for his driver and blasts the Race stewards for awarding his driver a time penalty for causing a collision with Ferrari driver Taimurazeem in Monaco.

The Hungarian driver will receive a 10 seconds time penalty for causing a collision after a late lunge saw Taimurazeem lose time. But Christian Horner steps up for his driver calling the outcome of the investigation 'Ridicilous'

"Monaco is the kind of track to get your elbows out. Oogie should have seen Leo coming because he was well in sight of his mirrors, and to us it seems like Oogie is just turning in and completely ignoring Leo being there."

"We will certainly talk this over and ask for a second opinion. Both championships are on the line here and this outcome of the investigation proofs that there is a limitation to overtaking this season."

The Stewards have not responded to the comments made from Christian Horner.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 05:27:50 pm by Remco Vengeance »

Remco Vengeance

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2017, 06:04:53 pm »
Lambiase: 'Remco is outperforming his car'

Race engineer Gianpiero Lambiase who is the engineer for Remco Vengeance at Red Bull Racing has praised the Dutch driver for his German GP display.

The Red Bull driver was able to fight back through the field after crashing into the back of Killerblue in the opening lap. With the help of the Safety car he was able to close in on the frontrunners and managed to overtake both Haas cars to finish 3rd place, and therefor keeping his 100% Podium record alive.

"If you look at the strength of the field with the current drivers Remco is racing against it comes nearly as a shock to us how good he is, It's fair to say that right now he is outperforming his car. I think as soon as Tuszmusz finds his form that we will have an unstopable drivers pairing. We are still 12 points behind Haas in the constructors at the moment, therefor we need both cars to take on the fight to them. If Remco keeps performing at this level then he will win the drivers championship with one of two races to spare."

But where his engineer is full of praise of the Dutch champion, Remco himself wasn't too pleased with his performance in the German GP.

"It's an rookie mistake I made in the opening lap and it most likely cost me the race win today. The fact that I gained 2 points in the championship over the opposition is the only positive that I can take from this race, because crashing like that is unacceptable. I was very lucky with the safety car and that I managed to keep my tyres alive, otherwise I would have finished 6th or 7th and lost valueable points in the fight for the championship."

"I'm looking forward to racing in Belgium next week. There are always a lot of Dutch fans coming to the venue so I want to make sure I put in a good result for them and give more than 100%. If I were to make a mistake simular to the one I made in Germany in front of all those fans who came out to cheer for me, I would never forgive myself."

A wave of Orange is expected at Next week's Belgian GP

BigC_019

• The Retired One
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• x7 F1 Champion
  • PSN: BigC_019
  • FIFA Club: Chunga FC
  • Likes Given: 1828
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 2096
  • Level: 16
  • Trophies: 17
  • F1 2016 - F1 Drivers Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! F1 2016 - F1 Constructors Champion - Season 1 F1 2016 - F1 Drivers Champion - Season 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 04:38:08 pm »
Interview: A view from the commentary box

In a first interview since his retirement from the Formula 1 league, the new voice of the F1 league, BigC, sat down to discuss this season's championship, how he has found commentating rather than racing and whether he has the urge to return in the near future.

Sky Sports F1's Martin Brundle sat down with the seven-time champion in the lead up to the Belgian Grand Prix at the legendary Spa circuit.

The former Ferrari driver celebrates a sixth PSGL title at the Yas Marina Circuit, in Season 15.

MB: Connor, you've been in the commentary box for nearly half a season now, have you find your new role?

BC: I have enjoyed it. I knew when I decided to retire it was something I wanted to do, so stepping back, enjoying the fights and on track action is something relaxing and chilling on a Monday night, so all in all, I have enjoyed it. It helps having Louis or Irun alongside you to add to the amusement and drama. I have found it pretty easy, I know a lot about the league, I am still good at the game so can give a lot of insight and know what I am actually talking about.

MB: Any standout moments?

BC: Seeing Joel's first victory since season six was amazing, and certainly my standout moment from commentating so far.

BigC says it is no surprise that his former teammate Remco is on course for his first Formula 1 league title since season 8

MB: Turning to this year's title race, what have you made of it so far?

BC: It's gone as I expected in all honesty. Remco is who I tipped for the title, not because he is the fastest but his experience and consistency. Oogie and Nic have shown flashes but are inconsistent, which again, is not a surprise. I mean if Ali stayed, then he would have destroyed the field with ease and would have won every race, so I am glad we have a title race on our hands and hopefully it can get closer and closer.

MB: And the racing on a more general basis?

BC: It's been okay on the whole. Some of it has been poor, some of it has been amazing like the top five battling for the win in Germany. The attendances could be better for sure. I know Nic is working very hard and is doing a very good job running the league, so I am confident we will be seeing better racing with fuller grids for the rest of the season.

MB: With lots of high profile departures from this league such as yourself, Irun, Jamie and Ali, is it still fair to call it the top tier of PSGL considering what the guys in Formula 2 are doing?

BC: I don't know. In terms of qualifying pace, it is clear which is faster but race pace, and race situations it is much closer. This league has lost three of the best drivers ever to race on the site, in Me, Irun and Jamie, so it was always going to be difficult to replace them. The grid is still got some great drivers, Remco, Nic, Oogie, TUSZMUSZ, Jack, MaxiLuca, Joel are all very good drivers but on the whole, F2 is now ahead of F1, that's for sure, but it's up to the powers that be whether F2 needs to be changed to F1 from F1 2017.

MB: With you still racing in other championships, will you ever return to PSGL like Tejuarr has?

BC: No, I have no interest in ever racing in PSGL again. I have achieved what I wanted to achieve, winning seven titles in the top league against the very best drivers to ever grace the site. It was time to leave for a variety of reasons, not just racing ones but a lot of off-track stuff which doesn't need to be spoken about. I have no regrets about my decision and I am enjoying seeing how things play out from the sidelines and not being involved in the drama for a change. Of course, if Irun, Jamie, Ali etc. all returned, then you can be tempted but the BigC-PSGL story is over as far as I am concerned.
| F1 Stats | Races: 105 | Points: 1146 | Podiums: 74 | Poles: 52 | Best finish: 1st (x39) |

Retired| Seven-time F1 Champion | Seven-time F1 Constructors' Champion | Two-time ROC Winner | The Special One|

Joel__96--f1

• Newest member of Team BigC
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Joelianomanu
  • F1 Team: Toro Rosso
  • Likes Given: 143
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 189
  • Level: 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 01:43:44 pm »
Roll out the red carpet he's back!!

After 3 DNS's the wait is over, Joelianomanu is back and boy is he ready! I've had a great holiday and i arrived back to my home in the early hours of the morning so now it is race week and canada of all places, where i took the win in season 6 in dominant style in the trusty, stylish caterham...

I have been keeping an eye on results and highlights and what a few races with many surprises and it's allowed me to keep a foot in the door at least. Do i see myself as a serious contender? nah but do i see myself on the podium multiple times? Yes i do! Success will be returned to monisha as josh has struggled in the absence of his teammate but i look forward to returning and bringing the chemistry back to maximum and hopefully allowing me and josh to create some history for sauber like Irun and HDEE done for so many years!

I am very excited to get back on track on monday and to race all you guys again because i had so much fun until my break began, Hope everyone is well and see you all monday at 8!

Also, Well done to Bigc and hid commentary partners, they are really putting on an enjoyable show to watch for the neutral and for racers.

Finally thank you to the admins for the respect shown with my inability to race it was much appreciated!

The Northern Irishman is back!!

Remco Vengeance

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2017, 03:18:14 pm »
Remco breaks silence after Championship breaks down

Remco Vengeance has finally responded after his crash in Belgium which saw the Dutchman have his first DNF of the season. This non finish saw his 16 points gap drop down to just 1 behind championship rivals Nick Pyne and Oogie Taimurazeem.

The Dutchman who struggles in Qualifying knows that the battle is not over, but after the performance in Belgium he has made it a lot harder to win the championship.

"It's ridicilous that I'm always more than half a second slower than the rest, but that is not a reason to blame for my recent performances. It's not important who is in first during the season, it counts who is 1st in the championship when the flag falls in Abu Dhabi. It wouldn't be a disaster if I missed out on the championship, because I am already proud of the achievement of leading the championship for such a long time despite being almost a second off the pace."

NPyne_35

StatusOfflineOffline

• "Quick Nick"
  • PSGL Achievements
  • F1 2016 - F3 Drivers Runner Up - Season 2 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors Champion - Season 2 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 1 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2017, 01:16:04 am »
Boullier: "Pyne in the form of his life"

As the chequered flag fell in Spa, it marked the halfway point in Season 17 of the Formula 1 Championship. It was a race in which both Red Bulls failed to finish allowing Remco's Championship rivals to take a sizeable chunk out of his lead in the standings. McLaren Driver Pyne was able to capitalise on the DNF and took his second win of the season with a very strong "metronomical drive". It comes following a run of 3 successive podiums which has now moved to 4 after the win in Belgium, something Pyne has never managed to do before in his career. We caught up with Team boss, Eric Boullier and also the man himself to find out what exactly has clicked these last four races and if can he take this form into the second half of the season?

Pyne (left) and Boullier (right) pictured before Pyne took his second victory of the season in Spa

When Boullier was questioned on McLarens season he replied with...

"Yes well it has been far from perfect you know. We had a very tough start to the season and Wout (Gamefreaker) is still finding his feet in F1. As for Pyne well, he has been in the form of his life recently. We all knew he had race winning potential but he has blown us all away with his recent performances. We currently sit 2nd in the Constructors and I did not think that would've been possible at this point after Round 2. It just goes to show that you can never predict what will happen next but as it stands, I am very happy."

Boullier also added in the interview that...

"We have half of a season remaining. I believe Pyne and Wout can work together and be real challengers for the Constructors Title. As for the Driver Title, I think you have to ask Nic that question, not me!"

Pyne on the way to his second victory of the season

McLaren are definitely a team on a charge and it looks as if it'll be Pyne who is the man to lead them to success. Can Pyne continue his fine form or will his rivals pick up the pace as the title fight begins to heat up? When questioned on the upcoming weekend and his season so far Pyne told us this...

"After taking the win in Belgium, I came away from that race feeling as if I'd stepped up a gear. I'd easily say that it was one of my best drives to date. I can't believe it is already the halfway point in the season but I definitely think I'm ready to launch a strong title bid. I learnt a lot from my mistakes last season and I'm not going to let an opportunity as great as this simply fall away. I'm going to fight hard for this title and I want my rivals to know they won't have it easy."

The statement was a clear sign of intent with the Scotsman clearly setting his mind on one goal.

"As for this weekend, Friday was tough but I have a good feeling now and I feel I have the race pace I need to see off my rivals. This weekend will be crucial for the season and I hope I can come away with another strong result."

With the interview concluding, Pyne looked a new man from the one we seen after Round 2. Can he take the fight to Remco and Oogie? It's looking like the season is set for a legendary fight but of course, only one driver can be World Champion. Who will take the upper hand this Monday in Montreal? Join Big_C as he commentates once again on all the action live as it happens on PSGL TV. As always it is set to be another enthralling race. Dont miss it.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 11:30:37 am by NPyne_35 »
F1 2016 Stats
PSGL | Races: 39 | Poles: 12 | Wins: 7 | Podiums: 19 | Championships: 0 | Points: 320

gamefreaker1

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• The Disconnected One
  • PSN: Gamefreaker1
  • F1 Team: Ferrari
  • FIFA Club: Club Brugge
  • Likes Given: 168
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 1
  • F1 2016 - FP Constructors Champion - Season 2
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2017, 10:40:05 pm »
Gamefreaker very disappointed after another Honda failure

After lots of practising in Canada, gamefreaker was ready to take the start of the grand prix as 13th. He gambled on inters in the final minutes of the wet quali session but the track was just too wet.
"If the qualification was 5 minutes longer, the result would be much better."

But on the formation lap, the expected thing happened, a Mclaren Honda broke down, gamefreaker was devastated.
"My mom's Peugeot 106 is more reliable than this car, something has to be done."

The next race will take place at Mexico, hopefully it'll be a better race for him.
League(s): F1      Poles: 0    Wins: 1    Podiums: 6

NPyne_35

StatusOfflineOffline

• "Quick Nick"
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2017, 09:55:15 am »
McLaren: Disaster on the Pit Wall

After taking the fight to the Championship leaders in the previous races, Pyne had closed to within a point of Championship leader, Remco Vengeance. Spa marked the halfway point in the season and Pyne came to Canada hoping to take the lead in the Championship for the first time in the season. With a wet qualifying and changeable race forecast, McLaren reportedly opted to put Pyne on a Dry set up with the intent to be ultrafast after the conditions improved.

The opening phase was tough for Pyne as his dry set up left him a sitting duck around most of the track with other drivers seemingly able to gain so much more traction out of the corners. Nevertheless he was able to plow on and battle with the Red Bulls and the Mercedes of KillerBlue.

Crucial Call: McLaren opted to keep Pyne on the wets which ultimately ended his race

At around Lap 10 the conditions seemed to be improving with most drivers opting to pit for the Intermediate tyres. This is where the race turned for Pyne. McLaren opted to take a risk and leave him out on the wets until it was dry enough for slicks. Unfortunately the rain persisted and Pyne dropped like a stone. We spoke to Eric Boullier to find out what an earth was going on at the Woking based team.

"Yes well this was embarrassing for us. You know sometimes these decisions pay off but today it certainly did not. We had rain forecast for only 20 minutes and thought we could stretch the wets until then. Clearly we were wrong and the rain stayed for most of the race."

He also went on to say...

"It is easy to say we should have pitted him after he was being re-overtaken by the leaders but we thought it would've been pointless as we were sure the rain would clear. I can imagine how silly it all looked but that's racing. You win some you lose some, today we definitely lost.

Pyne was clearly not happy after the race and we spoke to him shortly after his title rival, Oogie celebrated another podium.

"Today is not a good day. It needs to be remembered and never repeated. I take as much responsibility for this as the team as it was a joint decision but I'm very lucky to still be close to the leaders. The positives is that we were able to take 3 points from this race when it looked all but over at one point. I'm now focused on Mexico and I'll put this behind me. We got off very lightly today."

Dropping like a stone: Pyne helpless to defend from Oogie as he catches on fresh inters

After all that happened Pyne was able to take 8th place and a crucial 3 points after it looked all but over at one point of the race. This now sits him in 3rd having only dropped 3 points to Championship leader, Remco. The Championship now looks extremely close and the Formula 1 Championship looks set to go to the wire with the Top 4 Drivers covered by only 5 points! With 5 more races to go it'll be crucial for Pyne and McLaren to put this result behind them and move on. Join Big_C once again next Monday as he commentates live on the Formula 1 Mexican Grand Prix! Who will come out on top?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:59:13 am by NPyne_35 »
F1 2016 Stats

Remco Vengeance

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2017, 02:12:44 pm »
Heated discussion in Red Bull camp after Canadian GP

After a dramatic Canadian GP which saw a new race winner cross the line. There has been a few upset faces in the Red Bull camp. According to Sky Sports sources there would have been heated discussions behind closed doors in the Red Bull Racing motor home.

But according to Team principal Christian Horner there is nothing to be worried about.

"Emotions run high after such a dramatic race and with the championship drawing to a close. We had a difficult call to make regarding the pitstops, but we decided to give Tuszmusz te favor on the pitstop because he was ahead of Remco at the time which means he gets the prefered stop first. This obviously caused some frustration with Remco which is understandable but he knows how we work in the Red Bull team. Remco told us he feels robbed because he is in the championship battle something that Tuszmusz doesn't feel like collaborating with. It's a slight bit of Drama but nothing we can't handle."

Shortbread24

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• F1 Team: Mercedes
  • Likes Given: 46
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Trophies: 5
  • F1 2016 - F2 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 2 F1 2016 - F2 Constructors Champion - Season 2 Formula Gulf Championship - Constructors Champion - Season 5 GT3 Championship - Constructors Runner Up - Season 4 GT3 Championship - Drivers Champion - Season 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2017, 02:43:19 am »
Shortbread "Relieved" move to F1 Confirmed

Late last night shortbread made the switch to PSGL's F1 league from F2 after a contract offer was put forward to sign with the Renault F1 Team. We sat down with the driver to discuss the move.

What made you decide to make the move to F1?
"The main reason why I joined was due to F1 being on a much more suitable day for me to compete on and should allow me to attend every race, whereas F2 I missed a lot of races due to it clashing with other matters in my day to day life. The second reason that motivated me to join was my previous spell in the F1 league didn't show my true potential, in the time i've been away from the league my race craft and pace have developed immensely. I was due to move at the end of this season but with the Renault seat free it would be stupid not to take it. I'm relieved the move has been confirmed"

Where do you see yourself fitting in pace wise?
"Its hard to tell really F2 has some outstanding drivers that grace the grid and I was able to compete at the top with them, but changing leagues always leaves an air of mystery pace wise I believe i have the pace to challenge at the top maybe not qualifying wise but my race pace has always been significantly faster especially on the harder compounds. Another adjustment I will have to make is to adapt to the way drivers defend and attack in the F1 league, this may take a while. I also need to find out everyones weakness but I will find them out eventually. Everyone has one!

Finally what do you make of the Renault car?
"Luckily I have the experience of using the car in my first ever season in NAC and taking my first ever win in the car so luckily I should feel comfortable from the out set but we will see when I jump in the car for the first time tomorrow."

"Lastly I would like to say a massive thanks to the F2 league it has allowed me to progress and develop my skills as a racer good luck to all who race in the league and I wish it all the success in the future however its time for me to move on and try something out of my comfort zone."
PSGL Project Cars GT3 Champion
F2- 2 Wins
F1NAC- 1 Win

mrgrumpy1989

• Has-Been
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• F4 Admin
  • PSN: mrgrumpy20
  • FIFA Club Position: CAM
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • Likes Given: 2256
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3191
  • Level: 22
  • Trophies: 19
  • FIFA 17 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 1 F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 14 European Football League Division 1 3rd Place [PS3]
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2017, 09:40:09 am »
Good luck to you mate. Hope you do well :)
2x Champion (F1 2010 F1 & F1 2012 F2) and 5x Constructors Champion ( 2x F1, 2x F2 and 1x F4 )

Remco Vengeance

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 05:48:23 am »
Danica Patrick: 'Remco cuts his season short'

Interesting news from Remco Vengeance's manager Danica Patrick today, as the American announced that last night's Mexican GP was the last race for Remco this season.

The Dutchman who has struggled in the 2nd part of the season only managed to finish P10 yesterday. According to Ms. Patrick this was the realisation that this seasons Championship is out of reach.

Apart from the poor results Patrick also explained how her Dutch client is frustrated with the driving standard at the moment.

"Overall Remco is just very frustrated about a lot of things at the moment, therefor he told me he doesn't want to waste his time and energy into finishing P7 or P8 every week. It is what it is at the moment and I'll keep you updated if anything new comes up."

So now begins the speculation whetever Remco retires forever after earlier this season being brought back to the Formula 1 league to fill up the grid after departures from BigC, Irun, Jamie and AliK. Danica Patrick refuses to answer these speculations so it comes down to the waiting game.

NPyne_35

StatusOfflineOffline

• "Quick Nick"
  • PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 08:24:06 am »
Danica Patrick: 'Remco cuts his season short'

Interesting news from Remco Vengeance's manager Danica Patrick today, as the American announced that last night's Mexican GP was the last race for Remco this season.

The Dutchman who has struggled in the 2nd part of the season only managed to finish P10 yesterday. According to Ms. Patrick this was the realisation that this seasons Championship is out of reach.

Apart from the poor results Patrick also explained how her Dutch client is frustrated with the driving standard at the moment.

"Overall Remco is just very frustrated about a lot of things at the moment, therefor he told me he doesn't want to waste his time and energy into finishing P7 or P8 every week. It is what it is at the moment and I'll keep you updated if anything new comes up."

So now begins the speculation whetever Remco retires forever after earlier this season being brought back to the Formula 1 league to fill up the grid after departures from BigC, Irun, Jamie and AliK. Danica Patrick refuses to answer these speculations so it comes down to the waiting game.

Sad to hear you've decided to leave F1 mate, there's a seat for you if you decide to reconsider
F1 2016 Stats