Group A

Group B

Group C

Group D

Author Topic: FIFA 17- The Future?  (Read 375 times)

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• Check out our YouTube Channel
  • PSN: teddyuk1
  • FIFA Club Position: Striker
  • My Favourite Game: Grand Theft Auto
  • Likes Given: 1442
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 775
  • Level: 7
  • Trophies: 17
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 5 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 13 - 5v5 League Runners Up - Season 5
    • View Profile
    • Email
FIFA 17- The Future?
« on: April 18, 2017, 11:36:03 am »
I would really like to know from all our Fifa members what they want to see moving forward after this season?

I remember starting the leagues all these years ago and I remember the times when it was so popular that we had multiple leagues running and this was done by listening to everyone and of course having a massive Football community and I really want to recreate that again on the site.

The problem is that we do need to get members signing up and being active which is no easy feat and that we need to build a structure again which is why I'm asking for your help. I'm building a new team to help me drive the league forward and I want to revamp things with the "Going Back to basics" attitude and working up and getting things moving..

I think all the admin before me has done a fantastic job trying to get the league running with all the major issues that went with it such as inactivity and I don't want to give up as we have some great hardcore members who really does want to see the league improve and we will work on it.

Regarding the current season, please get your games played and in the meantime we will be listening to your feedback and will be planning next season with a new prospective.

There will be a prize donated by PSGL for the winner next season so watch this space....

Thanks Everyone
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:04:32 pm by teddyuk »

JakeWarriorBFC

• Former FP Champion & Former F1 and FIFA Director
  • PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• Paul Heckingbottom, he's one of our own!
  • PSN: JakeWarriorBFC
  • F1 Team: McLaren
  • Likes Given: 1817
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3590
  • Level: 24
  • F1 2013 - Classic League Constructors Champion - Season 1 GT6 Pro League - Constrcutors Champion - Season 1 GT5 Semi-Pro League - Constructors Runner Up - Season 1 GT5 Semi-Pro League - Drivers Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 14 European Football League Division 2 Runner Up [PS3]
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: FIFA 17- The Future?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 04:06:37 pm »
I hope the FIFA leagues can get back to how they used to be, it was really active and fun at the end of FIFA 15 and at the start of FIFA 16 especially.

All the best going forward, I'm sure whoever runs it will do a fantastic job.

PSGL FIFA Leagues Director/Admin - PSGL FIFA Championship Season 2 Champion - PSGL Thursday Assisted League Constructors Champion - PSGL F5 (Season Three on F1 2015) Drivers Champion - PSGL F5 (Season One and Three on F1 2015) Constructors Champion

Stantheman

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: JPLT1988
  • Main League: FIFA European
  • Likes Given: 134
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 811
  • Trophies: 3
  • FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 3 FIFA 16 - Division One Champion - Season 2 FIFA 12 5v5 Cup Winner - Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 04:26:32 pm »
I have withdrawn from the league but my feedback would be to stop letting time wasters in.  The last few seasons has seen a lot of people fail to complete games then be allowed back in.  Some people are a nightmare to arrange games with e.g. Didier has been in league for few seasons now and hes awful to arrange games with no matter how much you try contacting him.  Then when hes on for 30minutes he expects you to jump on.  This is one of reasons I have packed in.  I have really lost interest in league now.  But respect to past and present admins appreciate everything theyve done.

Stantheman

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 3 FIFA 16 - Division One Champion - Season 2 FIFA 12 5v5 Cup Winner - Season 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 04:33:37 pm »
Id also look at doing a tournament more than league?  Eg champions league.  Quicker to sort out

mrgrumpy1989

• Has-Been
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• F4 Admin
  • PSN: mrgrumpy20
  • FIFA Club Position: CAM
  • Main League: Formula 4
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 2161
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3191
  • Level: 22
  • Trophies: 19
  • F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 FIFA 17 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 14 European Football League Division 1 3rd Place [PS3]
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 04:58:27 pm »
I agree on the time wasters aspect.
2x F3 Champion (Original Sunday League) and  4x F3 Constructors Champion

Stantheman

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 05:15:54 pm »
I agree on the time wasters aspect.

Its frustrating isnt it m8!!!

mrgrumpy1989

• Has-Been
  • PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• F4 Admin
  • PSN: mrgrumpy20
  • FIFA Club Position: CAM
  • My Favourite Game: F1
  • Likes Given: 2161
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 3191
  • Level: 22
  • Trophies: 19
  • F1 2016 - F3 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 2 FIFA 17 - Premiership Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 2 1 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 14 European Football League Division 1 3rd Place [PS3]
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 05:51:53 pm »
It is. Was getting sick of it. Same culprits too.
2x F3 Champion (Original Sunday League) and  4x F3 Constructors Champion

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
  • Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL 3 Year's Membership of PSGL 5 Year's Membership of PSGL FIFA 13 - 5v5 League Runners Up - Season 5
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 07:36:45 pm »
Good feedback and I do agree the first thing we need to do is address the time wasters and more penalties. I have a few ideas to make the league slightly more interesting.

I'm sorry stan that you left due to time wasters and I hope if we manage to address these issues you would consider coming back.

The FIFA leagues will be my top priority

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stantheman

• PSGL Member

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2017, 09:59:15 pm »
Cheers Teddy really appreciate it!

Atm I am going to take a short break from it but hopefully return in 2018 for new game.

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 10:12:49 pm »
No Problem Stan :)

I do want to make it clear to everyone that we will be giving everyone the chance to play their remaining games this season but we also need to get these games played as soon as possible. There will be a thread next week to notify everyone when the games must be played by and we will give plenty of time to get these done.

Looking ahead we really want to start looking forward and building on what the previous admins have done for the league and with your help we can make it even better.

Tejuarr

• Charismatic Enigma
  • Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Tejuarr
  • Likes Given: 1837
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 261
  • Level: 3
  • Trophies: 18
  • F1 2015 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL F1 Fun Event Runner up (2nd)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 10:32:24 pm »
Get Michael Holliday involved somewhere .

Michael_Holliday

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• Mikey
  • PSN: Michael_Holliday
  • FIFA Club Position: Midfielder
  • My Favourite Game: FIFA
  • Likes Given: 65
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1558
  • Level: 13
  • Trophies: 12
  • FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 15 - Division One 3rd Place - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL Awarded to members with 1000 posts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2017, 10:48:33 pm »
Get Michael Holliday involved somewhere .

Here's my two bits Tom!  :)

I've got a 'few' things I'd like to say, seeing as your looking for feedback!

----- What seems to have been lacking this season (and perhaps a few seasons since I left), is the standalone, shorter events for the 'hardcore' fifa players on the site. What I'm talking about is the likes of the One Night Only Cups or the Champions League/Europa League/World Cup style events.

These events don't even really need that many players; take a Champions League event, you could work that with just 6 players if needs be. Random team draw at start. Two groups of 3, with two games to be played against the other 2 players in your group (both home and away in the same week). First place in each group plays second place in the other in two legged knockouts. Then you have a single game for the final and a single game for 3rd place. You could get something like that played in a month.

The shorter events also work really well for new players looking to join after the main leagues have started and give you an idea if a player is going to be committed enough, going forward, to join in a 2/3 month league. If the can't play 4/5 matches in a standalone event, it may perhaps not be a good idea to let them join a league where they'll asked to play potentially double that in the same timeframe.

----- Look to use custom graphics (headers for inside threads, specially designed tables, special events signatures for players) for each event in order to freshen up the threads and make them look more unqiue and appealing for those taking part and even more so, for new players potentially looking to join. Things like this, which I did in the past and could help you with again if you wanted, is what I mean:

----- Look to get the Pro Clubs team up and running again. What a bloody laugh that used to be having everyone together and playing clubs nearly every night. There was one point where we were having to rotate players each game as we'd have more than 11 players at a single time looking to play!! Playing with, not against, 'league rivals' greatly increased the banter, the friendly rivaly and engagement on the Fifa section of the site. Seeing the Pro Clubs thread take up the entire 'recent posts' section of the homepage would automatically draw you to the Fifa section to see what the hell was going on! Addmittedly the majority of the time it was us telling each other how bad we were, but the point still stands haha!

Obviously a lot of this would take time, effort and a lot of frustation I'm sure, but I truely believe it would be possible to restore the former glory to Fifa leagues. This sort of situation has happened in the past, and will mostly happen sometime in the future. But start small yet ambitious, grow naturally and not forced, and we, the community, can make it possible!!
FIFA Admin. Message me with any and all FIFA related problems.
#Believe

Tejuarr

• Charismatic Enigma
  • Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSN: Tejuarr
  • Likes Given: 1837
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 261
  • Level: 3
  • Trophies: 18
  • F1 2015 - F4 Drivers 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F4 Constructors 3rd Place - Season 3 F1 2015 - F5 Constructors Runner Up - Season 2 7 Year's Membership of PSGL F1 Fun Event Runner up (2nd)
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 10:52:29 pm »
Ah the one night only cups.. loved the different themes we used to do, I'm a PES man more recently, kind of excluded myself by default 🤘😃🤘 .

Michael_Holliday

• PS4 League Admin

StatusOfflineOffline

• Mikey
  • PSN: Michael_Holliday
  • FIFA Club Position: Midfielder
  • My Favourite Game: FIFA
  • Likes Given: 65
  • PSGL Achievements
  • Gamerscore: 1558
  • Level: 13
  • Trophies: 12
  • FIFA 16 - Championship Runner Up - Season 1 FIFA 15 - Division One 3rd Place - Season 2 Thanks For Taking Part Or Donating!! 1 Year's Membership of PSGL Awarded to members with 1000 posts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 11:00:46 pm »
Ah the one night only cups.. loved the different themes we used to do, I'm a PES man more recently, kind of excluded myself by default 🤘😃🤘 .

Yeah, they were great, and the good thing was they were so simple to keep fresh; Premier League Teams only, Championship Teams only, Womens Teams only, 3* teams only and so on.

Another thing I've just thought of as well, would be to bring back that gamerscore system we used to have that was built into the site. If it's too much of a pain to rebuild it back in, it wouldn't be too hard to keep a manual account of it in a standalone thread.

For those that perhaps dont remember what I'm talking about, it was the system where, at the end of each season/event/tournament, players were awarded set amount of points depending on their placings. This would then translate to a leaderboard where you could see where you placed overall within the Fifa community and not just in single leagues. It encouraged people to take part in more events, in order to get the reward of the points to move up the leaderboard!
FIFA Admin. Message me with any and all FIFA related problems.
#Believe

teddyuk

• Founder

StatusOfflineOffline

• PSGL Achievements
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2017, 01:04:22 am »
Some excellent feedback there and the Pro Club events are really fun to play but it's a shame people do generally get bored of playing them after a month or so of release but it's certainly something we could bring back if the interest is there.

I completely agree with the idea of a short competition like a champions league format idea to get the interest back and then move forward with a standard league once we have the numbers again, the benefits are like you said much easier to run and because it doesn't take as much time it's a good way of building the league upwards.

My vision for the league looking forward is going to the basics again which is what made the leagues great all those years ago and having a season with a basic league and a cup competition running along side it with a champions shield to decide the season champion which could be fantastic but it depends on member activity and commitment but in the meantime I think Michael is completely right to have a simple competition format to start off with.

I do also want to redo the gamerscore leaderboards but simplify it so it's easier to manage and is certainly something I will look at but getting the fifa league up and running again is my main priority.

It would be great to have Michael back in terms of helping to get the leagues moving as part of the FIFA Team and PM me if you would like to come back?